I need advice

Options
HarperXoxo2023
HarperXoxo2023 Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
I have been trying to eat better but I’m struggling to get in my nutrients this isn’t because often new diet since this has been happening for a while but I struggle to get enough iron, I avoid dairy since it makes me feel sick though I am not lactose intolerant I can’t handle dairy in large amounts but I can handle it if it’s a very tiny bit. (I know this has been happening because I get dizzy very easily especially on days I eat little to no iron) I usually eat about 30% of my daily goal but on a bad day closer to 10%

Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I get my iron from seafood, poultry, and green veggies.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    If you are relying solely on MFP to tell you how much iron you're getting keep in mind that the number may not be very accurate since many of the database entries are lacking proper nutrient information. I thought I was getting too little iron as well, until I started using a supplementary app to track my micronutrients.

I find that I get most of my iron from oatmeal or bran cereal, seafood and poultry, eggs, enriched pasta or other foods made with enriched flour, spinach and other leafy greens.

1 cup of the bran flake cereal that I eat several days per week contains 9 mg of iron, which for me is 113% of my daily iron requirement.