Pizza Day NSV

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
Tradition at the Feed Mill I work at is to order in pizza for all the workers before Christmas. Usually that is the last working day so usually the 24th, or this year the 22nd since we are closed over the weekend. Since I booked the 22nd off, they decided to get the pizza today. I was originally just going to skip it, but then I realized I can eat all the toppings on a Meat Lovers pizza. While that rubs me wrong throwing out all the crust, at the same time this is an NSV for me because I could participate and stay Keto. While the carbs are possibly a little higher than I would usually eat, they should be well within an acceptable amount. Getting over the reticence to throw out perfectly good food is a big thing for me, but doing so allowed me to eat the way I desire without foregoing the rest of the celebration.

Replies

• dfaris3725
    dfaris3725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I so appreciate your post. I have the exact same reservations about throwing out perfectly good food, I dislike waste highly. But then someone said this to me, and it changed a bit of my perspective: you could throw it away and create a small amount of compost waste for this one meal, or you could continue to throw it into yourself, which is just another way for it to become garbage, just in your own body instead. Whichever way you go, eating the item and feeling comfortable with it, or coming to the conclusion its simply creating junk for your body, I think it's more about not beating yourself up with whatever decision you make. Hope the party was a blast!