Jan 26: 178.8
    Feb 2: 179.8

GW (Jan): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday

Starting weight (for this group) 85.5kg (188.5lbs)

Really pleased with that as it is 1kg lost from last week

I have started running again, 4km on Tuesday and another 4km on Thursday
    Wednesday was 1hour taekwondo class (mostly sparring so lots of cardio), going to another class tonight

Food wasn't too bad, I stayed within my calories but could maybe have done better choices

@melaniedscott thanks for including me in the steps challenge 😊 yesterday (Thursday 1st Feb) was 13219 steps

@Laurabb99 I remember those days with the double pushchair, it definitely count as a workout as it is so heavy! 💪

@Stimpy56 enjoy Mardis Gras!

@BodyTalking I love the weekly emojis 😁

@gillwellow well done on the non scale victory
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited February 2
    Options
    Hi all I am new 😊 I am 40 and live in the UK, I have a very busy life working and taking the kids to all sort of after school activities and the past few years making time for myself has not happened that much. I am really looking forward to being part of this team and get motivated and a bit more accountable on this journey
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the add. New to the challenge, Mama of many and in my 40s. A few years ago I was pretty consistent and made good progress on MFP. Rejoined this time, hoping to find a similar momentum. We had our last baby 2 yrs ago, and wow losing weight in my 40s has been somewhat of a challenge. Hoping to use this opportunity as one of the tools to finding my consistency again!

@Emilienewme and @MamaHealthy08 - Hi! Welcome to Team Weight No More! I'm Ashley, one of the co-captains here. Let us know if you have any concerns or questions or fun facts, we're here for all of it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Laurabb99 wrote: »
    I'm researching home gym equipment. I want a wight bench that I use a Roman chair exercises on. My husband wants to use as a bench press. He's almost 6 foot. So, does anyone have recommendations?

@Laurabb99 - Which specific exercises are you planning on doing? A bench is a versatile piece of equipment, especially if you have a set of dumbbells/kettlebells/plates for a barbell. And most benches work for people regardless of height.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @Laurabb99 - Which specific exercises are you planning on doing? A bench is a versatile piece of equipment, especially if you have a set of dumbbells/kettlebells/plates for a barbell. And most benches work for people regardless of height.
    [/quote]

I was going to look for a flat weight bench, but hubby thought that adjustable would be more versatile. I currently have kettlebells. I'm going to look at getting bench rack, plates, and a bar. While I was reading reviews of some cheaper options, some reviewers complained that the bench wasn't long enough for 5' 9".

I found this one on FB marketplace for $80. We'll see how it goes. This will be a good start for a home gym.
    https://www.amazon.com/ZHICHI-Adjustable-multi-function-Workout-Foldable/dp/B0BZVG27FQ/ref=sr_1_33_sspa?crid=17OT58ZSH1J9I&keywords=weight+bench&qid=1706906703&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=weight,sporting,193&sr=1-33-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9idGY&th=1
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 219
    CW (Current Weight): 217.4
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    January Week 4

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 396,787
    Participants: 9*
    Average Steps per Person: 44,087 (22.65% higher than last week's )

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 112,707 total | 16,101 average Most Steps in One Day
    @sydditt - 61,068 total | 8,724 average
    @daria0919 - 60,014 total | 8,573 average
    @ljdanny - 58,380 total | 8,340 average
    @BodyTalking - 32,643 total | 4,663 average
    @Losingweekly - 28,951 total | 4,136 average
    @Emilienewme - 25,239 total | 3,606 average* Most Consistent
    @melaniedscott - 14,620 total | 2,089 average
    @9Harvey (one day only) - 3,165 total | 452* average

Shazam! That's a huge difference! Every single one of us improved our steps! And a big welcome to @Emilienewme who has started strong and won the Most Consistent in 3 days!!! Big kudos to @andja87 for a step increase of 25,000+ this week!

@9Harvey, if you post late, I'll add them for the month.

Bolded walkers met their goal! We are 2K below our 1.1 million step goal for the month...I broke that Wednesday, so, with this last week from all of us, we've killed it!

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the leaderboard.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    The February Team Chat is open! Please continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday, and go to the new month for introductions, goal setting, and getting ready for a great Leap Month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908909/weightnomore-team-chat-february-2024/p1?new=1
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday

PW: 192.5
    CW: 192.2
    As usual, 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 219.2
    Cw- 218
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/ro/bvn0pulfjkqh.png

I did and didn't do better at walking this week. I have been utterly exhausted the past three days. Maybe overtime is wearing me out-drove another 400ish extra miles this week. Probably all the travel. I have a couple non-travel weeks, so hoping to start having more energy.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Laurabb99 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I was going to look for a flat weight bench, but hubby thought that adjustable would be more versatile. I currently have kettlebells. I'm going to look at getting bench rack, plates, and a bar. While I was reading reviews of some cheaper options, some reviewers complained that the bench wasn't long enough for 5' 9".

I found this one on FB marketplace for $80. We'll see how it goes. This will be a good start for a home gym.
    https://www.amazon.com/ZHICHI-Adjustable-multi-function-Workout-Foldable/dp/B0BZVG27FQ/ref=sr_1_33_sspa?crid=17OT58ZSH1J9I&keywords=weight+bench&qid=1706906703&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=weight,sporting,193&sr=1-33-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9idGY&th=1

I agree that an adjustable bench would be more useful than a flat bench (I tend to prefer incline chest presses to flat bench presses, so I'm a bit biased). Let us know how it goes!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited February 4
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday

Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 79.3 kg/174.8 lb
    Current weight: 79.5 kg/175.3 lb
    @melaniedscott @minstrelofsarcasm
    BodyTalking
    Steps Total: 43,808

28 Jan-03 Feb
    S 4450
    M 6260
    T 5301
    W 9332
    T 12780
    F 3766
    S 1919

My weight is up a bit again this week. I forgot to weigh in yesterday and had some chocolate biscuits and wine yesterday, plus my meals were a bit stodgy over the past couple of days, coupled with very little activity. However, I have been doing some exercises and hope to improve on all fronts soon. My feet are aching, so gently does it 😊

Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    ⚪🧡⚪💚💙⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜🤎 1.5+ ltr water
    🩷🧡⚪⚪⚪💜🤎 6+ hrs Sleep
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.