KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
Welcome to the New Year!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    Options
    12 hours in and so far, so good! LOL
    I hope this year is filled with good things. Or at least not bad things. 😊
    Back to school tomorrow. Kids come back Wednesday. I have been doing pretty well with fasting over the break, but my tummy is not used to all that fancy food. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into my school routine. Two of my classes will change, so I get to meet some new faces. The spring semester always goes so quickly.
    Have a great week! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Tuesday! Thanks for starting the new thread for January 2024 - I totally forgot. LOL

Yes, same here @KateNkognito looking forward to a low key and positive year.

Good for you with the fasting. I have vowed to hop back on the wagon (finally). Time to get serious about my weight and my health. Going to just start with simple calorie tracking for now and making better choices. No night time ice cream / dessert and adding in some healthier choices like an apple and a mandarin orange for snacks. Love those little oranges this time of year.

Back in the swing here and in the office. It was so nice to be off for that span and there were many days where we just stayed in and at home which was nice and relaxing.

My sister and her husband, my niece and nephew all came up to NYC during the break. We saw them this past Saturday and it was so nice. I miss having my family around me at the holidays and close by.

New Year's Eve was fun. We went over to our friend's house. We go there every year. She cooked a nice meal and it was good!

Hope you have a good day and a good week. I heard school buses this AM so school is back near me but what was strange was pretty much ZERO traffic! YEA!

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Glad you had such a nice break, @Meghan509! Mine was really good and I am ready to go back. Although I suspect that I will be very ready for a weekend by Friday! LOL
    My lunch is packed for tomorrow, my clothes are laid out, I made my PowerPoint lesson. I am all set!
    Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    edited January 3
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh good, @KateNkognito I am glad you had one more day before you had to go back! Good luck today! Hope all goes well! The good news is it is a short week!

Traffic was still pretty darn good this AM which leads me to believe that people are still taking time off or working remotely? Or they are all home sick with Covid, RSV, or the Flu? LOL Who knows?! Lately we hear a lot of coughing around me at the stores. Luckily the office is quiet and people stay home if they are sick.

Busy time of year for me. We have our big meeting at the end of this month in Miami, Florida. I am heading down on Sunday, January 28 and will wrap up on Thursday, February 1 at lunch time. Then I will drive a little north via a car rental to check in to an AirBnB by my Mom. I fly back home on Saturday, February 3. I am looking forward to seeing my Mom and taking her out for some errands and to dinner. :)

Not much else going on here. Back to my spreadsheet! :p Have a good day!!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509, around here some schools aren't starting back until next Monday. Maybe that's why traffic is lighter? Whatever the reason, I hope it stays nice for you!
    Today was a good day with all my new and returning students. I think this is going to be a nice semester.
    Enjoy the rest of the week! There are a couple of rounds of snow forecast for the next few days, so fingers crossed for a snow day! ❄️
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

That is a good point, @KateNkognito I bet people are still off and taking vacations. Fine by me. Three for three this week for me with easy commutes! WHOOT! Hope you have a great semester ahead!

Yes, snow coming here as well. They are still trying to figure out how much but last I checked it actually just looked like very little snow and rain afterwards so not really a big deal. Should be starting on Saturday evening and going in to Sunday.

I am planning to head to the grocery store tomorrow mid day to avoid the rush and chaos of pre storm shopping! Fingers crossed. :smiley:

Things are good here. Work is busy but not chaotic which is nice.

Hope you have a good Thursday and see you soon!!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow! Or Monday. Or Tuesday. Whatever day, I will take it.
    People are rushing the store today. I will be going on Saturday between the storms.
    Off to make dinner. Chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy with a vegetable of some kind.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, I hope you have a little day off today @KateNkognito! It is coming this way! I am about to get my grocery list ready and will head out mid day! What to make, what to make?! LOL Your dinner sounds yummy. Hope you enjoyed!

Working remotely today and it is a little busy with lots of folks finally responding to me with their travel plans for our meeting at the end of the month. :) All good.

Nice to be working with comfy yoga pants and sweatshirt on! LOL

Hope you have a good day and stay safe in the snow. Fingers crossed that the wind and snow are not too too crazy here!

Have a good weekend and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday should have been a snow day. My district was the only one in the area that didn't cancel! More is expected Monday and Tuesday. We'll see if they get their act together for that storm.
    I didn't realize how tired I was until I finally sat down last night. I promptly fell asleep for 12 hours! 6 PM and I was out cold!
    Glad you had a nice day in your comfy clothes, @Meghan509!
    Have a great weekend! I am going to the store before everyone decides to make a rush for milk, eggs, and toilet paper.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a nice weekend, @KateNkognito! The roads seemed very quiet here from Saturday mid day on. Hopefully everybody got their groceries!!

We had snow starting at around 2:00pm on Saturday. It stopped for a bit and restarted on Sunday afternoon and all in all only a couple of inches fell. North and west of here got a lot more! We are on the coast and on the mix line and it definitely was a mix.

Tomorrow we have a bunch of rain coming which I am not looking forward to because I am definitely working from the office tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't get bad until later when I am home. Fingers crossed.

Not too much else going on here. Comfy clothes going on here while working from home! LOL

Hope you have a good day and a nice week ahead. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning from the Midwest! Big snowstorm today. We have just had rain so far. Tonight is supposed to get bad. Hopefully not too bad, or our admin gets their act together and call it off.
    Enjoy your comfy clothes day @Meghan509! And good weather wishes for tomorrow!
    Starting to get a headache from the pressure changes. Going to put my head down and rethink my life choices.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good luck to you and the Midwest, @KateNkognito! It is coming this wayyyy! LOL Hope you are able to get a snow day!

I have a few colleagues who live up the line that are leaving early today in case it is bad weather. Not supposed to get super crappy here until around 6pm Eastern. Hoping to leave a little early myself to avoid any commuting drama. Fingers crossed.

Working from the office and while not in "comfy clothes" I am wearing pants with an elastic waist! LOL

Going to be turning in our rooming list today to the hotel for the meeting at the end of the month. Fingers crossed that there are no issues!

Hope your headache is feeling better too, Kate!

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Snow day! Blizzard conditions this morning, lots of people without power. Ours went out around midnight, but was back on by about 4. I am snuggled up with the dog and have no plans to move anytime soon.
    @Meghan509 Elastic for the win! I hope the reservations go through without any problems.
    In other news, I have cooked dinner 6 out of the last 7 days. The world might be coming to an end. 😂
    Stay safe and warm!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Woo hoo! Glad you had a little break yesterday @KateNkognito!! Sorry to hear about the power going off but at least it was not super long and you were sleeping (hopefully) for the majority of it. LOL about the dinners! On a roll!! I am still the meal prepper where I make stuff on Sunday or Monday and then we reheat during the week. We freeze and unfreeze stuff a lot, but it does make life easier!

Thank you, I was able to get our rooming list submitted and without any issues. Kind of a slower day at the moment at the office. Lots of people working remote. I like it!!!

Yesterday was rainy and crappy all day. I left work at around 4:45pm to get a jump on the commute and it was busy but moving the whole time. Made it home in under 30 minutes which was nice!

We had a lot of rain and wind last night. Kept hearing branches and pine cones bonking in to the house but thankfully no damage or power outages! Phew.

Today it is a mix of sun and clouds and in the upper 40's F. All of the snow we had is pretty much gone now. We only had a few inches but that was fast!

Hope you have a good day today! See you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope Wednesday, hump day went well for you @KateNkognito!

We finally have some decent weather with less WIND and I am happy!

Another weather pattern headed our way on Friday night in to Saturday AM but I don't think it will be more than rain. Which is good because I have a hair appointment on Saturday AM and I really don't feel like dealing with bad weather!!

Busy but good here at the office. Looking forward to being remote tomorrow.

Have a good one and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Enjoy your Friday, @Meghan509! I am not sure where yesterday went. I think it ran away with today. :/
    Pizza was BOGO last night, so I took a large into school for lunch and the other two teachers on my grade/subject team and I had a little party at lunch.
    It is supposed to get COLD here! Negative 20s wind-chill for the next few days. 🥶
    Have a great weekend if I lose another day tomorrow!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Just shy of noon here in the eastern time zone!

Hope your Friday is going well!

Love that BOGO pizza deal @KateNkognito! That is awesome! We have a pizzeria nearby that does that on Wednesday nights with home made pasta. Have not done it in a while by YUMMY and a great deal!

My computer is saying it is sunny and 47 degrees F here. But, I have my little Costco Heat Dish aimed at my legs because there is a chill in the air for sure! Yes, I know what you mean about the cold! Ugh! Stay warm!

Looking like we might have snow coming our way Monday PM and Tuesday. Will maybe go in to the office on Monday and WFH on Tuesday. Waiting to see what others do. ;)

Hope you have a GREAT weekend! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Rolling into a three day weekend! I have no intention of climbing out from under the warm blankets until the windchill is no longer below zero.
    My students were really good today and I got to catch up on a lot of little things while they were working.
    Have a great weekend! Stay warm!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    -23° F windchill. I am staying under the blankets today. Stay warm!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend, @KateNkognito! I am working today but the good news is I am remote and in comfy clothes. ;) Quiet day so far with hardly any emails coming through over the weekend!

Hope you are staying warm too! YIKES that is cold! We are sitting in the 20's F here and I am feeling it. We are due to get a little snow over night and then one to three inches tomorrow. I am still planning to go in to the office as usual, unless they tell me different. I am hoping even if there is a little snow coming down the roads and office will be quiet. Fingers crossed.

Relaxing but productive weekend here. Got a bunch of groceries at BJ's, Aldi, and Trader Joe's and made a Target run and managed to get out of there without spending $100! Not easy!

Had my hair cut and highlighted as well on Saturday. Feeling blonder and less dull again. LOL

Hope you have a good day! See you soon.