Week 1 Lake Placid, USA - Meet Your Cheerleaders & Food Diary

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
edited January 21 in Social Groups
Buckle up, this first week may be a little bumpy. Please weigh in on January 6th. If you are a little late in joining your challenge team, you will still be able to record this important information. If you have not joined a team, please send a message to Ceriusly1.

This posting is for information only. PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON YOUR CHALLENGE TEAM PAGE. And post questions and comments on your team’s discussion board. Thanks!

🌎️Challenge #1 Saturday, January 6 - Friday, January 12🌎️

✈️DESTINATION - Lake Placid, USA 6,000 Miles - Meet Your Cheerleaders & Food Diary

Lake Placid is a lake and the town name in New York State’s Adirondack Mountains. It is best known for the Winter Olympics venues in 1932 and 1980. You will enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of mountains, lakes, streams, wilderness and wildlife. There are so many things to do, so focus on activities unique to this locale.

Future Olympians are training all summer in the Olympic Jumping Complex pool. See the Freestyle Skiers and Snowboarders practicing impressive acrobatic maneuvers off ski jumps and then land gracefully in the Olympic Jumping Complex pool. But before they advance to the pool, they practice on trampolines.

For the ultimate thrill-seeker you can experience the rush of ski jumping yourself on the Sky Flyer Zipline. It starts with the Skyride Experience Gondola transporting you to the Ski Jumps, where your ride begins. Then it follows beside the 100 meter ski jump, emulating the flight of ski jumping at speeds up to 30 miles per hour. You’ll feel like an Olympian as you take flight!

The Cloudsplitter Gondola Ride, is an eight-passenger pulse gondola that takes you up to the base of the ski jumping towers, where you’ll find the scenic elevator. The glass exterior of the elevator provides a stunning bird’s-eye view of the Adirondack High Peaks as you ascend to the skydeck of the 128-meter ski jump. Enjoy the 360-degree panoramic views.

As a 2-time host, the Lake Placid Olympic Museum exhibits artifacts that include various team uniforms and medals. See the interactive exhibits and discover the Olympic spirit while learning about remarkable athletes who changed the world of sports.

The challenge begins on Saturday morning. Meet Your Cheerleaders & Food Diary done before SATURDAY DOES NOT COUNT!!!!

j0klfj7854nq.png
Race - You must exercise to earn air miles to get your team to the destination.
1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile
DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/air miles.

📝Living the Good Life - Meet Your Cheerleaders & Food Diary

Chat with your teammates for encouragement and to make new friends on your special team. This is the focus of the 5% Challenges, the support of a caring active team will so you will be more successful.

gi4vnrr7jv9y.png
Find your team’s chat thread and participate. Make your chat an upbeat conversational/interactive communication, not a stark status update. Let your team know that you read their comments and that you are sharing your day with them too. If you are busy and don’t have time to read/catch up on all the chat since you last posted, that’s ok. But take a moment to post and let them know you are busy at the moment, but do let them know how you are doing. If your chat gets quite busy it’s ok to just read and respond to the last 3 posts.

Tips: If you are new to chatting you can share a funny story or joke, encourage a teammate, ask questions, share what you are doing for fun, your Non-Scale Victory (NSV), progress with your dietary or fitness goals, or post a nutritious recipe you made recently, information about MFP like how to update your profile, your plans for the weekend, or something you like about a teammate. Note you have up to an hour to edit your comment.

Did you know that 5% Challengers can also blog? ✍️🖊️📓💻 Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ BLOGGERS!! ✍️🖊️📓💻 If you would like to join the team please send a message to Heidi hicim705
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143978-️-️-seasonal-5-challenges-bloggers-️-️

When you blog you can copy the link to your team and they can go there and read it too.

Tough love week! We are here to lose weight! To do that we need to 'Eat Less & Exercise More!’ Excess calories eaten are stored as fat, and consistently eating more than you burn causes weight gain over time. When you expend more calories than you take in, it's a calorie deficit which results in weight loss. Any weight-loss plan that includes regular exercise is not only more successful — it's also healthier. By eating a healthy diet and exercising, you're keeping your bones, muscles, and heart strong. But you can also lose weight without exercise, just reduce your calories.

When you joined MFP, you input your information and Your Daily Goal (calories) was determined. In MFP click on your “Food Diary” and scroll to the bottom to see it. As you lose weight and record it in MFP this number is updated. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/

When you add up the number of calories per serving of all the foods and drinks that you consume and factor in what you burn through activity, you can calculate your goal calorie deficit. For example, if you burn 2000 calories a day but only eat 1500, you’ll be in a 500-calorie deficit, and in a week that would be a total calorie deficit of 3,500 calories. Understanding this relationship should help you make better food and activity choices. Will this food or activity get me closer or farther from my daily weight loss goal? For the best success, record your meal BEFORE you eat it so you can adjust the quantity or type of food.

Note: 500 calorie deficit per day X 7 days = 3,500 calorie deficit per week = 1 pound weight loss per week.

Here are some videos to learn how to use MFP Food Diary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9RKqlmD1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro5W85oRRM

Keep track of the calories you eat by measuring and weighing your portions, and recording the food for these calculations. When you look at your daily MFP Food Diary calories today – ask did I lose? Gain? Or maintain my weight? What can I improve on? On special occasions if I exceed my planned calories, I will be careful not to exceed my Daily Calorie needs based on my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) activity level; no loss but no gain. Note - Do not eat under 1,200 calories a day unless on doctor’s orders.

Examine your habits – both in the kitchen and gym – and decide where you can make sustainable changes to have long term success for weight loss. If you are already pushing yourself 2 hours a day at the gym, but don’t pay attention to your diet, it might be time to cut out junk food, make better food choices and reduce your portions to see weight loss changes.

If you have questions or need help, please go to your team chat to ask. They will be happy to help.

This week enjoy socializing with your team!

✔️To Score Points
1) Meet Your Cheerleaders - For each day you participate in Team Chat, score 10 points for the day. No chat no points.
2) Food Diary daily calorie tracking 10 points a day

🏆 Summary

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

Living the Good Life - Meet Your Cheerleaders & Food Diary

1. Meet the Cheerleaders = 10 points for the day. No chat no points.
2. Living the Good Life: Food Diary record all your food for the day = 10 points (all or nothing) Maximum 10 points daily

We will record this on one thread. (example)

My Exercise: 40
My Meet the Cheerleaders: 10
My Food Diary: 10

🌟Build healthy forever habits - Be a team player and get support to reach your goals.

****Remember if for any reason your health does not allow you to participate in a challenge please do not attempt it. Always follow your doctor's orders.

Replies

• vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Exercise minutes= 0
    1 Cheerleaders=10
    2 FD=10

Sunday
    Exercise minutes= 0
    1 Cheerleaders=0
    2 FD=0

Monday
    Exercise minutes= 10
    1 Cheerleaders=10
    2 FD=10
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,318 Member
    Options
    @vexedangel678 - You've posted your points in the Community instead of our team. Please move them to MS so we can count them. (((HUGS))) 🙃
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Exercise minutes=25
    1 Cheerleaders=
    2 FD=10

Sunday
    Exercise minutes= 60
    1 Cheerleaders=0
    2 FD=10

Monday
    Exercise minutes= 80
    1 Cheerleaders=0
    2 FD=10
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,084 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Exercise minutes=25
    1 Cheerleaders=
    2 FD=10

Sunday
    Exercise minutes= 60
    1 Cheerleaders=0
    2 FD=10

Monday
    Exercise minutes= 80
    1 Cheerleaders=0
    2 FD=10

NICE JOB!! Please post on your team so the Captain can record it.
This discussion has been closed.