Not a new member but I'm trying to be more consistent and more 'social'

Options
Frau_In_Der_Schweiz
Frau_In_Der_Schweiz Posts: 10 Member
edited January 9 in Social Groups
Hi everyone.

I've been using MFP for about 4 years, not always consistently, and I've not been very 'social'
I'm trying to get back into using MFP as an awareness tool and hoping to make using my food diary daily more of a 'habit'.

I'm 54 and 5' 3". I'm about 17kg less than my heaviest weight, but I'd still like to lose another 3 or 4kg

I have Hashimotos thyroid disease, I have allergic asthma - so exercising outside can be difficult during high pollen times, I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and so I can not eat many raw fruits and some veg, and I had a full hysterectomy 5 years ago so I have hormones against me too... oh and I had part of my colon removed 2 years ago...

My diary is open and I'd love friends with open diaries to get food inspiration from and I'm happy to hear tips and advice from others.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,277 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the 'social' side of MFP. :)

It sounds like you have a lot of challenges to figure out how to get around or through. As a 68-y/o who was a late bloomer exercise-wise, I get it. I don't have your list of issues, but do have a few to navigate . . . hypothyroidism is one of them, though AFAIK it isn't Hashi's. I've been in menopause for around 23 years now (triggered young-ish by chemotherapy), but didn't get serious about weight loss until age 59-60, so didn't really look at menopause as a significant factor by then, just a part of my baseline.

I'm pretty sub-par on the MFP friend side of things (more of a Community forum kind of gal, I guess), so I don't send friend requests. I do accept them, in case other people want to diary browse, as my diary's open to MFP friends. I do eat a bunch of fruits/veg, though . . . plus I'm one of those oddball vegetarian people (have been for almost 50 years, thin to fat and back to thin again). Now in long-term weight maintenance, I don't log every day, but still log most of them.

Calorie counting with MFP has worked great for me - as you say, a good awareness tool. I hope you have much success here!