Over 11K members?

Options
PrfChaos
PrfChaos Posts: 14 Member
Where is everyone? This group is pretty quiet for having 11K members. Anyone working on new years resolutions?

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,030 Member
    Options
    Sorry. It wasn't very active for me either so I stopped checking in for a while. I am one of those that checks in every day, but I stopped here because I would look and see nothing new. I am here to help any way I can and to get help from everyone here. So just let me know if you need something. I have been at this weight loss thing since 2019. I lost 80 pounds and in 2021 I started gaining it back. So we are trying to lose it again.
  • km9xrv82qq
    km9xrv82qq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling down today 80 lbs heavier than I want to be - just looking for some like minded friends to go on this journey with.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    km9xrv82qq wrote: »
    I’m feeling down today 80 lbs heavier than I want to be - just looking for some like minded friends to go on this journey with.

I feel that. I have been heavier than I should have been since 2021. I lost so much weight in 2019-2021 and then at some point in 2021 I gained 30 pounds back and have not been able to get it off. I was all the way down to 165 and then I jumped back up and I am currently 188. It really stinks. I just want to get back to the 135 the doctor says I need to be at to be healthy for my height. I feel like I will never get there and the struggle is so hard sometimes I just want to give up. It really stinks that I cannot really do anything about it. Plus now I have PCOS, Thyroid issues, and now peri menopause. Like how can I have so much crap stacked against me? I just don't understand. I am trying so hard and sometimes I even gain without any clue why other than I has pasta for dinner. I even staying in my calorie range and my carbs range and stuff, but still gained because it was pasta. How is that fair. I am so tired of it. So ready to just give up and get diabetes like everyone says I will get.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Options
    Till the time we are eating right, maintaining active lifestyle I reckon all is good. Weight loss is just a by product of that hard work. However, easier said than done! I’ve lost my track a bit in the fitness journey and joined this group for some motivation, and ensuring we all can cheer for each others success. Happy to have some active friends 🙌🏻💪🏻❤️👍🏻
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    @Sharsou - I am doing better. I saw a Bariatric Doctor who is helping me maintain my macros and my calories. She puts me on this scale that measures everything and then I got my BMR from that and everything. She did say that strength training increases your BMR. So I have to start doing that more because right now my BMR is really low. That is my goal right now. Also to eat in my macros and calorie range for right now. Exercising 4-5 days a week with 2 of those days being strength training. All good.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Options
    @Sharsou - I am doing better. I saw a Bariatric Doctor who is helping me maintain my macros and my calories. She puts me on this scale that measures everything and then I got my BMR from that and everything. She did say that strength training increases your BMR. So I have to start doing that more because right now my BMR is really low. That is my goal right now. Also to eat in my macros and calorie range for right now. Exercising 4-5 days a week with 2 of those days being strength training. All good.

All the best for that, and as I said earlier I’m rooting n cheering for all of you 👍🏻👍🏻 you got this 💪🏻👍🏻
  • PrfChaos
    PrfChaos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain Glad your doing better!
    I fell off the wagon through Feb, but getting back on track. Walking 15 minutes on the treadmill every day at my work, which is not enough obviously, but struggling to get motivated at home. hopefully I can make good progress before spring. My daughter graduates in may, so I'm setting a goal to get down a clothing size by the end of May.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    @PrfChaos - So glad you are back on the wagon as it were. Setting goals really does help and getting down one clothing size by May should not be unimaginable. I wish you well. I am doing really good with my macros and I am finally seeing some weight loss. We have pretty much removed all the bread and pasta from our diet. So although it stinks because I love me some bread and pasta, we are really trying hard. My husband came in 5th place for a weight loss challenge at work. He ended up losing 6.49% of his body weight in 8 weeks. I am so proud of him. It is nice that we are doing it together also. I wish you luck with your journey and I cannot wait to hear how lovely you looked in your outfit in May for her graduation.
  • Pfeniks
    Pfeniks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New Years is my favorite holiday! I love planning how I’m going to make things better. I’m 42, and this year, I’d like to recover from an injury and continue my wellness goals in spite of it. I’m also on a 100+ day streak with Duolingo, practicing Spanish, German and Italian, and their math course. And I’m trying out Glo, the yoga app as well as Taichi Temple app, since there are no classes nearby that I can attend. So far so good. How is everyone else doing with resolutions?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    @Pfeniks - I actually did not set a resolution this year. I decided that resolutions never work for me. So I am going to just work on doing the best I can and make the best decisions in that moment for me. I think that is the best plan for me. I am happy to work on my weight loss, as well as my mental and physical health. I was just diagnosed last month with Fibromyalgia. So I have been reading about that and all the different things in my life that have been that and not other things. Like my knee issues that started when I was 15. Those are from the Fibromyalgia. So yay. I get to deal with things that I thought were just the way it is and now I know they are from an issue in my brain. Working on dealing with that and finding foods and vitamins that will help make it better.