Daily Check-In

Options
SenchaJill
SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
Hello - I’m checking in to say that I’m done with my meals for the day and am gratefully in recovery.
I see this is not an active group/thread, but nonetheless I hope to check in after I’ve posted my food for the day, for a bit of added accountability.
I’m closing out Day #2 after a long and painful time away from recovery.

Replies

• jacqueliny
    jacqueliny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there SenchaJill. I too am a food addict returning to recovery after slowly slipping back into some of the old habits since 2017..noticed more rationalization going on!! Now it’s 2024 and I don’t know my wt because I don’t weigh anymore but my pants are become tighter and my negative thinking is rampant and I finally gave in again to surrender. I follow the Prism WT Loss Management Program (..I think I tried OA before LONG time ago). I am on day 6 … I had victory today when I was making my pudding (diet pudding) but realized it wasn’t part of the program …and stopped and confronted my rationalizations it’s ok cuz you’re not really in a group.. you’ve already started putting the ingredients in the pot are you going to waste them now? Thank you Lord that you gave me strength to comfort behavior that would sabotage my goals!! Thank you for posting and sharing some of your story!! Jackie
  • psychochillie
    psychochillie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi SenchaJill,
    I've been in OA for the last 6 months, but the last month I am really struggling to stay abstinent. I think I need to start logging my food each day on MFP. I think I got off track because my food plan is too flexible.
  • Crystalwater2
    Crystalwater2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think daily checking in is a great idea as it keeps us on track and ensures consistency which is my biggest problem. I am re-starting again today.