Week 3 Cut 100 Daily Calories Discussion

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
edited February 4 in Social Groups
Please give your suggestions of what works for you.

This week give up, swap or cut back on a food or beverage to reduce your daily calorie intake by 100 calories. Maybe you can find one thing to swap, cut back on or eliminate, to reduce your daily calorie intake PERMANENTLY. Share your creative hacks to prepare a favorite food, or simply cut out the sodas or lattes. How can you cut 100 calories from your daily diet and not really miss it?

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,084 Member
    Options
    I now eat at the low end of my calorie range, however that was not always the way. THANKS to the 5% And having LTGLS such as this and staying in calorie range, the ones that helped me to not snack a lot at night and so on I've been able to change.

At first I'd cut back ever so slightly. I was and STILL am a not healthy eater. I never will be as most, but I've made amazing changes also for myself. Though I am not the typical eater, it's 100% times better. How did I cut 100? At first it was per meal, to cut only 33 or 34 calories just meant at times not finishing that last bite on my plate. Or to eat a 3/4 of a serving of chips instead of a whole serving. Or if I was eating a regular size Hershey bar, I'd eat all but the last 2 squares. Assuring myself they'd be there the next day. The same with ice cream.

With a meal I'd put my usual amount on the plate, bowl, but take off 2 tablespoons. This all slowly added up through the day, but it was such a slight amount I didn't miss it. I still don't.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    I use Egg Beaters instead of eggs, thin cut cheese 70cal, or sometimes process cheese slice 40cal/ unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 0% plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream but also for eating...I add a flavor to it for a dessert & couple Tbl of cool whip, turkey sausage instead of beef/pork, ground turkey instead of ground beef but not 100% of the time, air popped pop corn, lower calorie bread
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I follow a food plan with set calories and macros, so I’m already eating at the low end of my calorie range. My protein macro is set pretty high, so to follow my plan effectively I already make all kinds of substitutions. I don’t drink anything but water, sparkling water, herbal tea and decaf coffee. No sweeteners, not even artificial. I use 2% milk in my coffee instead of creamer.
    I use plain, fat free Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. It’s my breakfast yogurt too. I add berries to it so it has some flavor. And raw walnuts - actually for the healthy fats, fiber and a little extra protein.
    I don’t eat anything after dinner and I don’t really snack, although sometimes I have a 4th meal. To meet my macros I do drink a protein shake every day - usually after I work out.
    I don’t eat Keto, but I do eat lower carb.
    I rarely eat bread, but when I do it’s Ezekiel or Dave’s killer. Neither are a calorie cutter Ezekiel is really healthy - sprouted with no added sugar. Dave’s isn’t as healthy but tastes a lot better - and has a thin sliced option that does cut calories per slice.
    I’ve followed the whole foods way of eating for 7 years, what’s new to me is macros and calorie counting.

This discussion has been closed.