Non-scale Victory

Options
Grimmerdhore
Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
I am wheelchair dependent, so using a weight scale is a luxury that few doctors provide, so I rarely know the exact number of my weight, so I use a lot of non-scale measurements as indicators of my weight condition. So I can transfer into my vehicle and do the driving with simple hand controls. When I started this journey in September, 2023, I was so big that when I slid into the car my belly pressed against the steering wheel. Well, today there is a full 2 inches between me and the steering wheel. I'm super excited!

Replies

• Grimmerdhore
    Options
    I went to see my Primary Care Physician yesterday for my annual wellness visit. The first thing she said was, "You've lost a lot of weight." She didn't know I began a weight loss plan. I was so encouraged to hear this, yes indeed!
  • Grimmerdhore
    Options
    Today was a good day! I met two new men today and we had several things in common, and we took the time to discuss them at length. So I have two new friends now. This is very important for me because it is so difficult for me to meet new people and form friendships. Sometimes I have years go by without a new friend, but today I made friends with two. Today was a good day!