useful or favorite food "tools"

Options
Two things I've added to my diet that have really helped me avoid massive carbs (which are a problem for me, they make me hungry) are:

Wasa crackers, whole grain, diff. varieties but I like the crisp and light best so far. I eat them plain if my stomach is upset, sometimes I add a thin bit of lowfat cream cheese.

and
Tofu sobakawa noodles, they're like ramen but very low in carbs and calories, no fat.

I haven't yet found dry sobakawa noodles, I wonder if anyone else has tried them and has a preference. I need to get to an Asian market.
I didn't care for the water-packed refrigerated "nooodles" sobakawa noodles, though they are low calories and carbs, I could taste weirdness.

Replies

• jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think ive got something for each food group now...

*I've added almond milk to my eating habits. Has good nutritional benefits for the low amount of calories and best of all it's not a "dairy" so I can indulge in my cheese or milk without going over 2-3 servings a day.

*Smoothies are probably my other new vice, reasonably fast and packed with goodness. I change up fruits depending on mood or what's on sale...and throw in kale or spinach from time to time too

*mason jar salads have been a great time savor and calorie savor for me since I can just grab a pre-made jar if in a hurry or if its been a busy day and don't have time to really cook. I make 3-4 a week, and do them when I make a salad to eat anyhow, so there's one prep, one clean up, multiple salads.

*fish and chicken. BiLo has had a bogo/free sale on their fish for about 2 months now so I stocked up, only takes 25 minutes in the oven, and the other half of my baking pan I bake squash, zucchini, asparagus, or what ever veggie I have on hand.... One pan, same amount of time..works great. For the chicken, I buy breast on sale, boil it, weigh and separate into individual serving size, and freeze. I can use it for anything later on, especially good with the mason jar salads