Sept 4th

Options
What are your favorite low calorie snacks? I often find myself eating the same things over and over and I'd like to find new snacks!

What is your current fitness regimen? Are you using workout DVDs? Do you have a trainer? How do you ensure you get your burn in?

Happy Wednesday fellow loggers!!

Replies

• smyr630
    smyr630 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! So I like fruit and raw veggies for snacks. When I am really missing bread - which is something I try to cut out of my diet, I will bake tofu and eat that ... or almonds make a good "bread substitute".

Right now I am slacking BIG time...need motivation!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Red seedless grapes and Fiber One lemon bars. Be warned about the second one, though; there are MANY websites dedicated toward the audio those things tend to produce. *ahem* :laugh:
  • junkformomma
    Options
    Currently walking. On the days I can't walk, I try to get in yoga and time on the elliptical. As for snacking, I like the almonds too. Hummus with carrots sticks. Skinny cow ice cream is not too bad for the sweet tooth.
  • Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Howdy! :)

I'm currently doing swimming (although I'm healing from a major Labor Day sunburn at the moment :ohwell: ), and I also enjoy dancing, walking, and low-impact aerobics. :smile: I also really enjoy the Leslie Sansone walk-at-home videos for rainy days and days when it is just too hot to walk outside.

My favorite snacks are a few almonds or a few honey roasted pecans or nuts on my salads to add sweetness and crunch. I also love air-popped popcorn and small cubes of cheese. When I want chocolate (Mmm...chocolate! :love: ), I try to stick to Hershey's kisses with almonds. I can portion those easier, and the tiny sliver of almond inside of them gives a satisfying crunch. :)

Happy Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • prayaas
    Options
    Hi,
    I like to snack on fruits,almonds & sprouts. However I have to resist cookies !
    I have joined a gym this month & hope to workout regularly :smile:
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello, I love houmous and veg, nut butter on slices of banana, pistachios and Skips!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    Two of my fave snacks:

frozen grapes (seedless - any type) - the high-water content makes them perfect little self-contained slush-balls. and being cold, you can't gobble them, so less seems like more.

Ryvita (a brand of crisp-bread. not exactly melba toast, but similar category) or ricecake, with one low-fat mozzarella stringy-cheese stick melted on it.

======

The longest-term, most consistent routine I have done (and still do) is the 2009 Wii game Walk It Out. You have to keep pace with the music (tempo changes with each song) and your avatar doesn't take even one step unless you do. While "lookijng over your own shoulder", so to speak, you can randomly walk in any direction, changeing course at any intersection or reversing direction, around varied terrain.

I also have an elliptical in the basement, and downloaded some Virtual Active "Hiking Trails" (they are 35 minutes each and a super-high-quality version of someone walking (or running or biking) with a camera on their head) So it very much feels like a first person view of unrolling terrain in front of you. That way, even though I do my cardio indoors, I can vary the scenery every time. (a necessity for me to combat the Boredom Demon)
  • lcountry
    Options
    Hi there! I'm doing the 30 day fitness challenge - plank and lunges, plus exercise bicycle when I can. Those lunges on day one were pretty easy...day 2 I discovered I was SORE! LOL!

With logging in my food, I'm realizing how much/how often I was grazing. And, I've also replaced almost all Cokes with tea or water. (Can't replace that morning coke just yet!) Surely that plus being more mindful on meals has got to help! Snacks...I like Club Soda because it gives the "fizzies" of coke, but no calories, and strawberries. I slice the strawberries so it takes a bit longer to eat them. I'll also grab 4-5 cashew halves for a quick protein snack. That's really all of the cashews I can eat at one time anyway. :)

I know it was early to do this, but I did a weigh in...3 pounds down! :) It's gonna be hard for me to weigh over the next week so I wanted to get one done.
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hey!!! So I like fruit and raw veggies for snacks. When I am really missing bread - which is something I try to cut out of my diet, I will bake tofu and eat that ... or almonds make a good "bread substitute".

Right now I am slacking BIG time...need motivation!

MOTIVATION VIBES COMING YOUR WAY! I wish I wasn't allergic to almonds!! I hear they are a great snack. I love bread, I should cut it out but I just can't LOL
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Red seedless grapes and Fiber One lemon bars. Be warned about the second one, though; there are MANY websites dedicated toward the audio those things tend to produce. *ahem* :laugh:

LOL I know what you mean about those darn audio noises!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Currently walking. On the days I can't walk, I try to get in yoga and time on the elliptical. As for snacking, I like the almonds too. Hummus with carrots sticks. Skinny cow ice cream is not too bad for the sweet tooth.

When you walk is it on all flat ground? I like hiking up trails. Makes me sweat more!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Howdy! :)

I'm currently doing swimming (although I'm healing from a major Labor Day sunburn at the moment :ohwell: ), and I also enjoy dancing, walking, and low-impact aerobics. :smile: I also really enjoy the Leslie Sansone walk-at-home videos for rainy days and days when it is just too hot to walk outside.

My favorite snacks are a few almonds or a few honey roasted pecans or nuts on my salads to add sweetness and crunch. I also love air-popped popcorn and small cubes of cheese. When I want chocolate (Mmm...chocolate! :love: ), I try to stick to Hershey's kisses with almonds. I can portion those easier, and the tiny sliver of almond inside of them gives a satisfying crunch. :)

Happy Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou:

Sunburns are the worse when you want to workout! I got sunburnt badly last year and my trainer at time time showed me no mercy. Dumbbell flys, chest press, push ups, you name it, he made me do it! I have heard of the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos but haven't tried them. I live in a coastal town and some days the wind is so bad I can't walk outside. This would be a good alternative. Thanks!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hi,
    I like to snack on fruits,almonds & sprouts. However I have to resist cookies !
    I have joined a gym this month & hope to workout regularly :smile:

Congrats on signing up for the gym. What I do is I set appointments in my phone for my fave gym classes. That way I plan my day around my workout. Try that out and let me know if it works for ya!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hello, I love houmous and veg, nut butter on slices of banana, pistachios and Skips!

Hummus and veggies is my all time fave!! Keep up the good work!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Two of my fave snacks:

frozen grapes (seedless - any type) - the high-water content makes them perfect little self-contained slush-balls. and being cold, you can't gobble them, so less seems like more.

Ryvita (a brand of crisp-bread. not exactly melba toast, but similar category) or ricecake, with one low-fat mozzarella stringy-cheese stick melted on it.

======

The longest-term, most consistent routine I have done (and still do) is the 2009 Wii game Walk It Out. You have to keep pace with the music (tempo changes with each song) and your avatar doesn't take even one step unless you do. While "lookijng over your own shoulder", so to speak, you can randomly walk in any direction, changeing course at any intersection or reversing direction, around varied terrain.

I also have an elliptical in the basement, and downloaded some Virtual Active "Hiking Trails" (they are 35 minutes each and a super-high-quality version of someone walking (or running or biking) with a camera on their head) So it very much feels like a first person view of unrolling terrain in front of you. That way, even though I do my cardio indoors, I can vary the scenery every time. (a necessity for me to combat the Boredom Demon)

We have an Xbox Kinect. I wonder if there is a similar game. I shall look into this! I sometimes have to combat the Boredom Demon when it comes to the food I eat. I feel like it's the same stuff over and over and over again!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hi there! I'm doing the 30 day fitness challenge - plank and lunges, plus exercise bicycle when I can. Those lunges on day one were pretty easy...day 2 I discovered I was SORE! LOL!

With logging in my food, I'm realizing how much/how often I was grazing. And, I've also replaced almost all Cokes with tea or water. (Can't replace that morning coke just yet!) Surely that plus being more mindful on meals has got to help! Snacks...I like Club Soda because it gives the "fizzies" of coke, but no calories, and strawberries. I slice the strawberries so it takes a bit longer to eat them. I'll also grab 4-5 cashew halves for a quick protein snack. That's really all of the cashews I can eat at one time anyway. :)

I know it was early to do this, but I did a weigh in...3 pounds down! :) It's gonna be hard for me to weigh over the next week so I wanted to get one done.

I think I will do the lunge and plank challenge next month! I love adding those in. Focusing on one area at a time :) Cutting out soda will help tremendously! One can of Coke has 39g of sugar in it. That's more than my daily allowance of sugar! Are you logging those?
  • miladymarathoner
    miladymarathoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For exercise I'm doing an hour on the treadmill and a half hour of weights and other strength training. On the 'mill, I will do walking on an incline or running, depending on how tired I am.

Snacks are hard for me because I live where many prepared foods are not available. And any that are are very unhealthy. I am focusing on yogurt, bananas, pickles, a few almonds, and the odd bag of takis. Takis are a chip from Mexico that I love!! they come in tiny bags and if I'm craving it, I'll have a half bag or so and give the rest away. I believe in fulfilling cravings in moderation.
  • Cavy1234
    Options

I loooove Walk it Out! When I tried to buy a second copy,in 2010, at my local game store to have as a spare/back-up copy, they said that it was discontinued, so I went online and bought a copy for myself. I still have it in shrink-wrap, but if my first copy ever gets damaged, I'll still be able to play. :laugh: What is your favorite area to walk in, and what is your favorite song? I love strolling around the farm/ranch area, building hay bales, animals, and those flower fields. My favorite song that keeps me going is "When I Grow Up" by the *****cat Dolls.

It's so great to meet someone who plays this game also. :flowerforyou:
  • Cavy1234
    Options
    Sunburns are the worse when you want to workout! I got sunburnt badly last year and my trainer at time time showed me no mercy. Dumbbell flys, chest press, push ups, you name it, he made me do it! I have heard of the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos but haven't tried them. I live in a coastal town and some days the wind is so bad I can't walk outside. This would be a good alternative. Thanks!

I'm in a coastal area as well (Florida), and there are definitely some windy days. It's not so bad walking if the wind is behind me. :laugh: I'm not sure if that's cheating, though. I will say my favorite times to walk outside is when we're expecting a tropical storm and have those blustery winds around to push me down the street. :laugh: Leslie's videos are great. Sometimes she talks a bit too much during the workout, chatting with the other people in her cast that are working out with her ("Hey Jenn! How are you doing?? Hanging in there, girlfriend??") which is fine except that in some of her videos, she does it a bit much to the point where you can't really focus on the music. When she gets too chatty, I just put my own music on and continue to walk with her while the volume is turned down. :bigsmile:
    Wow! I would have been grumbling to my trainer if he pushed me through a workout while super sunburnt. Owwie! :noway: Last night, my husband laughed at me because it sounded like I was doing my old Lamaze/Childbirth breathing just to lay down in the bed and get comfy. :tongue: :laugh:

How has your day been? :flowerforyou:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options

I loooove Walk it Out! When I tried to buy a second copy,in 2010, at my local game store to have as a spare/back-up copy, they said that it was discontinued, so I went online and bought a copy for myself. I still have it in shrink-wrap, but if my first copy ever gets damaged, I'll still be able to play. :laugh: What is your favorite area to walk in, and what is your favorite song? I love strolling around the farm/ranch area, building hay bales, animals, and those flower fields. My favorite song that keeps me going is "When I Grow Up" by the *****cat Dolls.

It's so great to meet someone who plays this game also. :flowerforyou:

You have a SHRINk_WRAPPED ONE on stand-by!?!?!?! :noway: Do you have any idea how rare and pricey it is to try and get one now?!?!?!? I have seen them for over $90 (not shrink wrapped)

I tend to do the faster songs (140+ if on flat / 130 - 150 or so if I am also going up-up-down-down on the (turned OFF) BB to increase the intensity a bit. I DO like the "When I Grow Up" and "Bad Little Kitty" (swing-jazz) but dont hear them as often once I start tuning the Song List.

Two of my faves at the moment are in Japanese (one about the Jack Russel Terrier, and I have no clue what the other one is about at all. I will get back to you with the song number)

Watch for a PM or Friend Request from me, 'cause I have some WIO related info to pass on. And if you look at my profile pics, the WIO map used to be my icon. I love the cherry-tree lake and getting the boats up, releasing the airship ASAP, and the lighting at about 6:00 am. (and if you do the shopping district at that time, none of the stores are available yet. So you get all the streetlights and trees out of the way, and then go back later for the buildings.)