Motivation

Options
RheneeB
RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
Yesterday I read an amazing story of how Diana Nyad at 64 years of age (no spring chicken and 15 years older than me) on her fifth attempt (not a quitter) swam 103 miles in 53 hours making it from Cuba to Florida. In a statement to the reporters she said "I always knew I could do it". Now this story didn't mean so much to me when I first read it but this morning when I was laying in bed the story hit me and I thought to myself "If Diana can do that after trying 4 other times since 1978 without ever getting so defeated that she just gave up...that she could be that determined to accomplish her goal....that she could have that kind of willpower to keep pressing on.......then I can certainly get off my lazy, excuse making, poor eating habit butt and lose the 35 pounds that I have wanting to lose for 6 years now!!! I mean, really.....how hard is losing 35 pounds compared to swimming for 53 hours straight? I am so in this now!!!

Thank you Diana for giving me the motivation that I needed!!!

Replies

• LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Very well said and you can do it!!
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story, I must have been living in a bubble! LOL. It's stories like these that give me that same feeling, thanks for sharing!
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree that is great motivation! My motivation this week is coming from Extreme Weight Loss...Bob overcame 2 bad knees, that he had scoped during his year and still had the biggest overall transformation. He lost 250 pounds in a year!