WeightNoMore Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    How are you all going to achieve your goals this week?

@BodyTalking -

Oh boy, this week has already been a little chaotic (HR at work has been very bad about both transparency and communication and it's throwing me for a loop). So this week will be about getting back into my routine after my trip last week, and devising a plan for the future, as there is a lot that needs to get done. Checking in here will be incredibly important for me, so expect a few more posts in the coming week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    9Harvey wrote: »
    Sorry, I know I am late. I have been moving which involved a 3 day road trip, and 4 provinces. Please excuse me for weight in day Feb 4th as my scale was not unpacked.

Not a problem, you are all taken care of. How's the move been going?

• Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am still quite new here and trying to do my first challenge, I have joined February week 1 and just wanted to let you all know that I am also grateful to have found this group and be part of this team. It helps me stay focused and accountable and make better choices so thank you
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    May I be excused this week. I got a stomach bug the other day. Although, I would love to claim the 5 lb drop. I really need that liquid back. I'm so dizzy still. Can't wait to feel normal again.
  • MPJDVM
    MPJDVM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m late to the party, as usual. Sorry! Thanks for letting me tag along.

My name is Melissa. I’m 46yo rural Iowa mom of 2 with a mini/hobby farm and a full time WFH job.

I’ve used MFP with grand success a few times in the last 8 (??) years. I’ll start to slide away, and the weight comes back. Set a new (horrible) PR of my highest weight ever (like EVER ever including 2 pregnancies) near the end of January and realized I had to do something for real. Again. No more half-effort.

I am BRAND new to communities and challenges on MFP, so please help steer me in the right direction when I flub.

Weigh in day: Monday (sorry it’s Tuesday today when I’m posting, my bad)
    Current weight: 168.4
    Highest weight: 171.4
    Goal weight: 120

Note, I am 5’ 0” (maybe shorter as i age….shhhh) so 120 is healthy, not skinny. When I see other adults my own height I think “wow, they are REALLY short…..oooooohhh wwaaaiiiiittt”
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🩷🧡💛⚪⚪⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛⚪⚪⚪⚪ Exercise
    🩷🧡💛⚪⚪⚪⚪ Caloric deficit
    🩷🧡💛⚪⚪⚪⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    ✖️✖️💛⚪⚪⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep

Yay, all hearts today 💛
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    62vnzbgcs0zs.jpeg
  • sydditt
    Options
    Sorry, I’m so late in posting! I was away for the weekend 2 hours north with my daughter’s junior roller derby team. I went off the rails a bit with the other parents at a local distillery that had just a ton of interesting cocktails, but no real way to track any of it. I’ve been trying to play catch up and get back on track.

@Laurabb99 Hope you get better soon! You’ve had this for a while… ❤️‍🩹

Hi - I’m Syd from Colorado. 48 years old with a desk job, a son at college, and a daughter in her last year of high school.

I’ll post goals/diet/exercise in the spoiler to keep it shorter!
    All the usual tricks with keeping calories super low and doing lots of cardio no longer seem to work for me. Last time I did it (a year ago), I lost 10 lbs, plateaued, could no longer sustain 1200 calories a day and immediately gained 20 lbs.

Now, I lift heavy weights to increase metabolism and bone density, I walk, and I do short bouts of Spin and HIIT workouts. I try to follow a non-inflammatory diet, and eat as much protein and fiber as I can cram in so you’ll see those nutrients on my tracker.

My other deal is that I spent years yo-yo dieting so now, I try not to start a diet or exercise program unless it’s sustainable for the rest of my life.

So to that end, I weigh on Friday, and then I let myself eat/drink whatever I want on the weekends as long as I also hit my protein & fiber goals. (My own form of calorie/carb cycling. 😭) So far, I’ve lost 17 lbs since the end of September. I’d like to drop down another 17, but my body composition has changed since lifting weights. My body didn’t look like this the last time I was this weight, so I know that I could very well be completely happy with just another 10 lbs as long as my body fat % had also gone way down. At this point, I just want to show off some of the muscles that are slowly being revealed. In any case, I’m trying to keep my weight loss slow to support muscle growth.

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Have a happy Wednesday 🌞
    as8izb9zkequ.png
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    7qedum53atmj.jpeg

Saw other step posts and realized I never posted mine either 😬

Went on a quick overnight girls trip this past Saturday/Sunday and indulged a little bit too much in snacks/fast food and drinks. Got back to working out and mindful eating as of Monday. Curious how that will all translate onto the scale this Friday.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Laurabb99 wrote: »
    May I be excused this week. I got a stomach bug the other day. Although, I would love to claim the 5 lb drop. I really need that liquid back. I'm so dizzy still. Can't wait to feel normal again.

@Laurabb99 - Oh no! That's no fun, I hope you recover swiftly and permanently! (I'd absolutely let you claim that 5lb drop if you wanted, but I understand the decision not to)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    MPJDVM wrote: »
    Hi! I’m late to the party, as usual. Sorry! Thanks for letting me tag along.

@MPJDVM - Late or not, welcome to the party! I'm Ashley, one of the captains here at Team Weight No More, and I'm here to help in whatever ways I can. Feel free to get involved in any of the weekly challenges posted on the main F2F page, join our incredible step team (I'm about to get a new watch so I can finally jump in too!), or post as frequently or infrequently as you'd like about your successes and struggles. We're here to support each other :smile:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-2,361
    Mon-5,072
    Tues-7,301
    Wed-7,985
    Thurs-8,001
    Fri-9,722
    Sat-4,085
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members.

I'm Tracy, I will be 52 in April. I work in childcare. We cant hire anyone, everyone calls out all the time and then complains when someone else. For the rest of us we are burnt out. I use to walk all time and go to zumba. Now all I am is tired. I can never get out of work on time so by the time I get home i do not feel like doing any exercise and I am to tired in the morning to get up at 4am. Hopefully one day things will be back to normal. I am going to Jamaica in April and I was hoping to lose some weight by then but I'm not hopeful that's going to happen.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 191.6 lbs

Heading in the right direction!
  • sydditt
    edited February 8
    Options
    @ljdanny You actually get some nice steps in there. The only way I get those numbers is by going for an intentional walk. I bet you’re constantly moving, fidgeting, etc… even when you aren’t walking. Add in a bit of strength training and you probably wouldn’t need much more exercise, especially with all the stress.

I have a 10 minute dumbbell full body workout that I do 4-5 times a week in my bathroom when I first get up, Maybe something like that would work for you? I get up at 5:30, though, instead of 4am, so in your case, sleep might be more valuable.

I use 8-10lbs because I can’t do anything harder at that time of the morning. After doing it a couple of times, I just wrote the moves and reps down so I wouldn’t have to find the video while I was half asleep.

https://youtu.be/CUNwlVnrStc?si=hEwh-6ZK9EXchlpn
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 261.0
    CW: 261.0

well I forgot to weigh myself this morning so just use last weeks numbers. I will repost them if I remember tomorrow.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @ljdanny - Do you ever get little pauses throughout the day where you could fit in 30-60 seconds of movement? I remember back when I was in and out of meetings most days, and I did a couple laps through the building between them just so I could get a bit of extra movement, even if it was just 200 steps and a set of stairs. I can't imagine how any of that would work in a childcare scenario, but you're smart, you can probably come up with some small things you can incorporate into your day that do the trick.

@sydditt - An itty bitty workout right when you wake up is perfect for getting that metabolism into gear. How'd you decide to start doing that?

@Stimpy56 - Not a problem, I'll keep your weigh-in for this week set to whatever your most recent reported number is.
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 201 Member
    edited February 8
    Options
    @sydditt thank you for sharing the link to your favourite workout I will give it a try too

If anybody has a favourite yoga workout on YouTube could you please share? I have tried a couple of them but not quite sure I like them.

@melaniedscott here are my steps so far for the week
    Sunday 4th Feb 11149 steps
    Monday 5th Feb 9610 steps
    Tuesday 6th Feb 8460 steps
    Wednesday 7th Feb 11336 steps

@ljdanny sorry to hear about your struggles at work, we have been short staffed at work for months so I know it can get very draining. Take care of yourself, sometimes resting is the best thing you can do for your body and your mind
  • sydditt
    edited February 8
    Options
    @sydditt - An itty bitty workout right when you wake up is perfect for getting that metabolism into gear. How'd you decide to start doing that?

I have no idea! 😂 I know I used to focus on getting cardio workouts in and strength workouts were an after-thought and only done if I had time. I think that’s why I went looking for a short full body dumbbell workout in the first place.

I’m really bad about doing workouts when I get home, so that’s when I wrote out the exercises and reps she was doing in the video so I could just get up 15 min early and quickly do them. I figured it was just my imagination, but I do feel like it wakes my body and metabolism up!

Right now, I’m doing a strength program that’s 2-3 days a week where you do 10 min “trigger” sessions on the off days to keep the body building/repairing muscle. This workout is perfect for that too.
This discussion has been closed.