What's on the Menu?

Options
2»

Replies

• miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to make what I call ham, egg, & cheese muffins in a muffin pan. I'll make 2 to 6 at a time depending on if my husband is eating and how hungry we are. Take a slice of whole wheat bread (crust removed) for each muffin. I put the slices between plastic wrap and flatten them with a rolling pin. Spray muffin pan and insert bread like it is a mini pie crust. I then put 1/4 slice of turkey ham (or meat of choice) in bottom, then I put 1/4 slice of mozzarella (or cheese of choice), then about a tsp. of seasoned chopped green peppers, onions, & mushrooms (again your choice of veggies), leaving enough room to top off with an egg. Bake in oven @ 350 for 20 minutes. It will look like a shiny sunny side up egg muffin(the egg is cook completely through) . It easy to pull out of pan let cool couple of minutes, then really easy to eat by hand. Each muffin is about 160 Calories, Carbs- 12g, Fat- 7g, Protein- 12g, Sodium- 309mg, Sugar- 2g depending on your choice of ingredients. Mix it up any way you want it!! ENJOY!!!!:smile:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm going to freeze a sandwich tonight to take with me on my business trip tomorrow. I have to fly out at 5 am and It will be a while before I can even get into my hotel room... smh. So I'm hoping bringing a sandwich will help me control what I eat until the business meeting starts at 1 pm.

Great tips everyone!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Back to the drawing board. I have started to TRY to be more aware when I'm making eating choices. I looked at my macro brfeak down and I'm getting way too many carbs and not enough protein!

So I'm going to correct that.

:-)

Ate 1/2 a JR burrito and about 10 tortilla chips today. With sweet tea, lol Should have gotten water but I'm sleep deprived and really do need some energy.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've recently become rather hooked on the Chobani flavored yogurts. I've gotten much, much more relaxed about my carb intake and as long as I'm within my goals for the day, I'm learning to be ok eating a carb count in the triple digits, which leaves me a lot more room for fun tasting things!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    dynamite - how everything going since you started loving the yogurts?

Hope you're doing well.

I'm working on eating every 3 horus again and definitely increasing my water intake!!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I have been only eating half of my food at most meals and ESPECIALLY if I eat fast food! Go mE! Trying to limit the fast food again... but baby steps