Options
stellagizzi
stellagizzi Posts: 1 Member
Hi there I'm Stella I'm 63 and this year I'm holding myself accountable 🙃 I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone is getting on in their IF way of life.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Hi Stella,

Welcome to our little corner. It has been kind of quiet around here lately. That can change. It's friendly place.

I don't IF unless you count me as a 16:8 person where I have a 16 hour eating window and try to sleep for those other eight hours.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Hi, Stella, and welcome!

I have to admit, I don't have an IF way of life. As a hedonistic aging hippie flake, and somewhat set in my ways (I have to admit) at age 68, I tend toward the most minimal strictness that will accomplish my personal goals.

During weight loss and in the years of maintenance since, I've eaten ad libitum starting usually shortly after I get up in the morning, to nearly bedtime, variable schedule. My goals when starting were to lose to a healthy weight, remain athletically active and sustain reasonable performance on that front, bring various health markers into the healthy range (e.g., blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides), and improve my nutrition. That wasn't an "all at once" change, but how things evolved as I logged my food and learned more from other MFP-ers. Nowadays, my goal is mainly just to stay in a good spot with those same things. So far, so good.

I understand that fasting is being explored in research for many potential benefits, and does help some people limit calories more happily so lose weight more easily, but for me it wasn't a necessary (or even subjectively desirable) step. I could change my mind in the future depending on how research results emerge over time, but so far I'm not there yet.

If it's helping you succeed with your goals, that's great!

You mention IF and accountability . . . what goals do you have that MFP can help you with?

Wishing you success!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,931 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!