What kind of programs does your group do?

Options
JPismefromSP
JPismefromSP Posts: 49 Member
My group reads from the magazines. We don't always choose from the most recent, just a TOPS magazine article. We volunteer and rotate around and it is what ever that person finds that sounds good. Usually it pairs up with what they need.

We have had a couple of really fun things where one pal made a Mad Libs and we all provided the words. Another pal made a Jeopardy game which was a lot of fun. She even brought in buzzers for us to smash like the show. We haven't done anything like this in a while.

We are currently doing a contest. The Slow and Steady from the July/August 2022 magazine (and it can be found on the TOPS website).

The group I visited was reading from non TOPS material, a book. One person was reading the book at home and making notes to go over the important stuff from that section.

I was hoping to get some inspiration for a program when it is my turn.
I look forward to hearing about your groups. Thanks a bunch.

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    We mostly read articles from TOPS News. We did a game at Christmas time.

Going through the alphabet, we took turns naming a healthy food…. Apple… Beets… cauliflower…, Dates and so on
    Then we did it again listing the not so healthy foods. … Apple Pie. … Baked Alaska ….Candy …. Donuts and so on.

We had fun with it.

Last week, we had contest to go through from our state coordinator, then we also had letters from our advocate and also our coordinator. That took up our time so I didn’t get to what I had planned. So I have this week’s program ready.