Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,962 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 pounds this week. This is a major personal victory. I've been sticking to my plan pretty well (not perfect, but way better than usual), but the past few weeks didn't seem to have any real movement on the scale. I had another solid week this week with following my plan, and finally there's some real movement on the scale! Patience, right?

I also want to claim an NSV for this week. I brewed beer this week without drinking beer and eating pizza. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's become a personal tradition that I drink some beer while I brew, and by the time lunch time rolls around, I'm usually very hungry, tired, and buzzed. That combination is usually plenty to knock down my better judgement and so I'll often have a couple of slices of pizza (the kosher brand we get is very high calories). However, this week, I stood strong and avoided these (calorie) traps.

Everything else is going well. I'm also sticking to my running schedule. I really want to get back to lifting weights a couple of times a week, and I have to get myself to sign-up for some self-defense classes (partially for self-defense, but also for some more/different physical activity).

There's still a long way to go to my personal target weight, but at least I'm sticking with the plan now.

182/143/146
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,229 Member
    Options
    +/- 0

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,978 Member
    Options
    +/-=0 However, was up 2# during the week. Still working on the snackage.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I recorded a starting weight today. Onward and downward.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Hey Friday Weighers!

I'm down 3.2!! Yee-ha!!

I know you're thinking, "Emmie, please, please share with us the secret to creating an 11,200 calorie deficit this week when that's more calories than you eat in a week. And we know you don't exercise due to your wonky hips."

Well . . . the scale finally caught up with my efforts since mid-January. I also really focused on not eating foods I'm allergic/sensitive to. My inflammation seems under control. I ate more fruit/veggies this week, but veggies still need improvement.

I'm really trying to re-frame how I think about what I eat. I'm not good about self-care, and my diet reflects that. So, thinking several times a day, "I want to nourish and be good to my body and mind," makes it easier to not grab fast food or not eat a piece of cheese that will 24 hours later cause my hands to swell." This approach has been really helpful. I'm currently calm about the 30 pounds I need to lose and the time it will take to get it done - - again.

Wishing you all a week of choices that make you feel good!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    I’m up slightly, but still in my Green Zone. Let’s just call that a win.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2 lbs over the past month or so.

It has been a very non-program-conforming few weeks. I was getting back to the gym in early January, feeling more fit and down a couple of pounds. But then I slipped and fell on some ice, twisting my knee and putting a pretty good gash in my hand. So no exercise and a good deal of comfort eating.

Got back to the gym yesterday, my knee seems to be doing pretty well. Now to bring the serving sizes down a bit and stop most of the snacking.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm down .5, which is a bit of a surprise. I was living out of a hotel room all week while on a consulting assignment and I thought the restaurant meals might trip me up.