Day 55 - Week 8 of reset - I AM NOT LONGER AFRAID!

Options
YUP!! Here I am, Day 55, Week 8 of EM2WL, I have felt all the feelings you can imagine a newbie would feel. And I am convinced...I do not intend to write a stinkin book every time I post in here, but feel like there are some that might benefit from my journey. I have learned some valuable lessons here that I think could help.
You all may remember my "FREAK OUT" at the grocery store on my first week. Where I was just coming off of 8 months of VERY Low Carbs - I cried in the isle shaking unable to purchase anything cause I was so afraid of too much sugar/carbs - I wanted OJ so bad that day....I didn't buy it, now that I know I can have it I just don't want it - and I am not afraid to put the whole wheat in the cart and I eat what I want, in moderation (Eating is not an excuse for gluttony - this still is true). Who remembers my "How will I know when it is time to cut" at week 3-4? Yup, I now know what you meant by "You will know" I am still in reset and enjoying it while I can, not quite ready for the cut :) Oh and don't forget "I AM FREAKING OUT!!!! I AM SOOOOOO BLOATED" resulting in not fitting in a thing I own, that passes :P and it comes back and it passes, just my body working things out :) I just bought larger pants to get me by :) How about - "I don't have any weights can I use Milk Jugs filled with water"? Yup you sure can, I have been doing it for 8 weeks and now I know it works - a friends told me last week "Hey your arms are getting cut!!!" so where there is a will there is a way - Milk Jug workouts (ask me about em). Oh and who can forget the "I GAINED 4 LBS WHILE OUTA TOWN". Well guess what I did and it never came off, and I went away for work again this month and guess what? I gained another 4 lbs - which I hate, BUT NOW KNOW - I must eat all day when away, dipping below BMR will most assuredly make you gain weight. Both trips I did not eat my usual every 2 hours - I ate breakfast, 1 snack and a huge dinner and BLAM gain.....so EATING THE FOOD THROUGHOUT THE DAY IS ESSENTIAL IN STABILIZING. This proved to me that I am in fact stabilizing, though I gain when I go out of town, I DO NOT gain more when I return home, I then stabilize at THAT weight (which I loathe and cannot - though I have to -wait to go away) I have learned so much about myself the last 8 weeks. That I am just as Bad *kitten* as the body builder in the healthfood store, who knows my fight.....she is fighting it too. I still struggle with the body image, and it is still hard to explain to people what I am doing (EVERYONE wants to tell me what to do to lose the weight) no-one can fathom that I would wanna stay this weight....and why am I eating like the rest of the world when I am so big? I love being able to say at 250 lbs - I Lift!!!!! (Not heavy yet - gotta save for that home gym) - I can drop and give you 20.....no problem (not true 9 weeks ago), I can mix a protein shake like no other.....I have 4 weeks to master eating like a human, moving like a beast.......If you have doubts, you are not alone, I have them....I just lift them out.....this will work, just trust the process........EM2LW!

To be continued........

Replies

• jbnl1991
    Options
    It is so great to hear that you are mentally, emotionally and physically in a great place!! I have enjoyed sharing your journey - the freaking out and all!

It is one thing to hear "trust the process" and another thing entirely to believe that the process should be trusted. Awaiting your next chapter . . . :happy:
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to hear from people who are further along in the process. I am just 2.5 weeks into it and I have doubts all the time, but I'm determined to stick with it. I look forward to the day when I can say that I'm no longer afraid.

Congratulations and thank you!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to hear from people who are further along in the process. I am just 2.5 weeks into it and I have doubts all the time, but I'm determined to stick with it. I look forward to the day when I can say that I'm no longer afraid.

Congratulations and thank you!

It can be freaky....hang in there!!!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It is so great to hear that you are mentally, emotionally and physically in a great place!! I have enjoyed sharing your journey - the freaking out and all!

It is one thing to hear "trust the process" and another thing entirely to believe that the process should be trusted. Awaiting your next chapter . . . :happy:

:heart: :tongue: :heart: :tongue: :heart: :ohwell: :heart: :frown: :heart: :cry: :heart: :sad:
    My freak out sessions ..... LOL
  • arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to watch your progress. I'm just 2.5/3 weeks in & have felt many of these feelings!