Weigh-in Frequency

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 912 Member
edited March 1 in Social Groups
It is time for another Friday Goad weigh-in thread, but how often do you actually weigh yourself? Does it change depending on where you are in your weight management journey? Do you do better or worse at weight management depending on the frequency of your weigh-ins?

Less than once a week
Once a week
Daily
More than once a day
Something else

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,995 Member
    Options
    Both TOL and I are daily weighers. Before breakfast, coffee/tea, or water and pills. Keeps us on our toes, as to what caused either an upwards or downwards tick.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Daily 1st thing in the am before any intake. Weekly weigh in day is Friday. Love it or hate it I live and abide by that Friday weigh in.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,902 Member
    Options
    Daily as soon as I get up, even before I brush my teeth!
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
    Options
    Every day right after using the restroom in the morning. I figure that gives me the most consistent measure of my day-to-day weight. I think daily weighing helps to minimize the "freak-out" factor of a single "bad" weigh-in.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh-ins seem to be the GoaD way. I weigh myself daily, plus. Lately I've been stepping on the scale right before bed, and then again when I get up in the middle of the night, checking my progress towards the morning measurement. Okay, I'm obsessing.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,860 Member
    Options
    Phil - there’s a Twelve Step program for that somewhere . . .

I weight in daily at home, after breakfast and exercise but before I shower. Before I step on the scale, I think about the prior day and set a “range of expectation”. 90% of the time, the result is in that window. I track it in a spreadsheet on my phone.

And I weigh weekly at a WW studio Thursday evenings for my official weight. There’s no gaming available for that; step in the scale and be measured.

And while I give Phil a hard time about multiple daily weigh-ins, I do weight myself right before I leave for the studio so there’s no surprise.