Week 9 Vancouver, Canada - No Random Eating & Morning Routine

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
This posting is for information only. PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON YOUR CHALLENGE TEAM PAGE. And post questions and comments on your team’s discussion board. Thanks!

🌎️Challenge #9 Saturday, March 2 - Friday, March 8🌎️

✈️DESTINATION - Vancouver, Canada 6,000 Miles - No Random Eating & Morning Routine

The challenge begins on Saturday morning. Exercise & No Random Eating & Morning Routine done before SATURDAY DOES NOT COUNT!!!!

Vancouver proudly hosted the 2010 Olympic Games. Since then the city and Canada became a very popular tourist destination that tourists love to visit. The Olympic sites were in Vancouver, Cypress Mountain and Whistler Village, 75 miles away. Ten competition venues were built or upgraded for the Games. They range from the Richmond Olympic Oval on the banks of the Fraser River to the scenic mountainous Whistler Olympic Park, which was home to the alpine events.

Whistler is a town north of Vancouver, British Columbia. It is a compact, chalet-style pedestrian village at the base of the mountains and is now home to the largest ski resorts in North America. Consider challenging yourself, by doing the “400,” where you charge up a 400m ski jump. This awesome race has been called the "the toughest 400m run on the planet."

In town you will see a stack of flat stones “in the likeness of a human.” This iconic structure is the Whistler Mountain Inukshuk. It was created for Whistler as a Symbol of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. For generations, Inuit have created these impressive stone markers to guide travellers and mark places of reverence.

In Vancouver the Olympic Village was built on a former industrial site, the last remaining piece of undeveloped waterfront in the city. The site was decontaminated and ecologically restored with marine habitat and indigenous vegetation. It preserved the waterfront for public use and was the missing link of the Seawall network, now the world's longest uninterrupted waterfront path. It is well loved by pedestrians, runners and cyclists that can navigate the 18 miles of the Vancouver shoreline, connecting parks, neighbourhoods and the downtown core.

The Village is one of the best and greenest communities in the world, making the city a leader in sustainability. This village in particular was built to house 1,100 residential units, with solar heating and green roofs, which are covered with vegetation, providing natural insulation and reducing storm-water run-off, and creating a natural habitat for wildlife and some rooftop gardening. A condo resident can monitor how much energy and water they consume daily. The units are designed to use 50% less water by using rainwater to flush toilets and 50% less energy with solar power for heating and cooling.

The neighbourhood is a diverse and vibrant community with a mix of parks, residential, commercial and community amenities, and public gathering spaces, all integrated with its surroundings. Olympic Village Square is a great place to kayak or people-watch and is the hub for restaurants and cafes. Enjoy the sunset and watch kayakers explore the creek while the sun sets over the cityscape.

The Canada Line (light rail) link between downtown Vancouver and the airport was built for the Games. It's an extremely popular legacy.

Could Vancouver be made a permanent Olympic Winter Games host city? Might they host in 2030? The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that it was considering transitioning the Winter Olympics to a rotating host city system. This means cities that have hosted the Games would have the existing venues, facilities, and infrastructure. This would simplify planning, and reduce the costs and risks of both the bidding process and the hosting process. Vancouver would need to build a new Olympic Village and renovate or expand existing venues, but very doable.

Below a personal pictures from the Olympics, KALISDADDY (Alan), the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Flat Stanley.

otou85zunxff.png
k36j0qclku7g.png
musuisigokf5.png
📝Living the Good Life - No Random Eating & Morning Routine

No Random Eating when I _________. (You fill in the blank)

Each day this week plan to catch yourself doing the right thing at least once. You choose one place, activity, event, situation, setting where you usually do eat RANDOMLY. If it is NOT your meal time, or your pre-planned healthy snack time, or a medically necessary snack, then do the right thing, DO NOT eat.

Keep aware of why you are eating. Ask yourself is it meal time, how long since I ate, how long till my next meal, can I wait a little longer till my next meal? You get the idea. Unless you have a medical need to eat while you are watching TV, on the internet, reading, etc. why are you eating?

My personal rule is 'why am I here?' Costco - to shop not to eat samples; Coffee in the church hall - to visit with friends not eat goodies; Theater - to watch the movie not to eat popcorn; Parties or happy hour - I am there to have fun and visit my friends.

No Random Eating - Plan for when you will not randomly eat. Plan for success and know what you will do if you are tempted. In the moment when you are struggling to resist temptation distract yourself immediately. If you are watching TV, shut off the TV go into another room, brush your teeth, go for a walk, play with the dog, clean the bathroom, whatever it takes so you do not carry out your usual activity coupled with a bout of mindless eating. When you are truly not hungry do something else. For instance, if the TV show is so boring you have to eat, find something more interesting to do. Shift your focus to anything but food.

**No Random Eating (NRE) - Plan for when you choose not to randomly eat.

To score 10 points decide what common activity, place, etc. where you will not eat today. It can be a different one each day if you like. If you successfully resist eating in this CHOSEN situation/place score 10 points. Example you walk into the office and you see a box of chocolates and you tell yourself I will not eat these chocolates and you do not eat them. You succeed and you score points!

No Random Eating (NRE) 10 points all or nothing. If you are already doing this all day, you are to be commended, it will be easy for you to contribute points to your team. Daily maximum 10 points.

✔️To score points this week -

1. NRE Choose one time to not eat a day 10 points. Daily maximum 10 points.
2. Write out your new morning routine, follow it daily. 10 points per day

🌟Build healthy forever habits - No Random Eating
🌟Build healthy forever habits - Follow a good morning routine for a successful day

je5v9ovh61vc.png Summary

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

1. Living the Good Life - No Random Eating (NRE) 10 points.
2. Write out your new morning routine, follow it daily = 10 points per day

We will record this on one thread. (example)

My Exercise: 30
My No Random Eating: 10
My Morning Routine: 10

****Remember if for any reason your health does not allow you to participate in a challenge, please does not attempt it. Always follow your doctor's orders.