Week 10 : Social Discussions

LordWulfram
LordWulfram Posts: 140 Member
I saw the first Dun movie, I am a little worried about what I have heard about the second one, but I will go see it for the special effects if nothing else (It is fun to see how people interpret the Sand Worms)

Replies

• peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    It was good, deviated from the book a lot and I'm not a purist, so it didn't bother me.
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,799 Member
    If you are interested in losing weight, the 5% Spring Challenge is open. It was a group formed on SparkPeople and switched over to here after they closed down. It is an 8 week program that has daily challenges and a weekly weigh in.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146243-2024-s-5-spring-community-team-plz-join-us
  • renae149
    renae149 Posts: 444 Member
    Thanks @peoriapole! Getting myself back on clean eating.

Hubs and I took an extended weekend. Traveling Friday and Saturday kept my step counts down... Let's see if I can make a few up today!
  • LordWulfram
    LordWulfram Posts: 140 Member
    @peoriapole - Being a lifetime Dune fan, I was very disappointed with the deviation from the book, I do not see how they will work "Alia - The Knife" and her cult into any future movies if she was not involved in the taking of Arakeen. The special effects were great, as I expected, but I believe the hope of a long-running movie series died with this movie, just the one more, and then it is over. Too many gaps in the story to tie in Paul's children and grandchildren into the story.

Two more days of nasty weather then hopefully some more "walkable" weather then!