Plant based eating for health and weight loss

Options
wineroom
wineroom Posts: 12 Member
I am 72 and started out about 12 pounds overweight. I wanted to lose it but I like my wine and am a bad snacker. I found out I have an issue with my heart that cannot br helped with surgery so it was up to me to take control of my diet and weight loss. Plant based eating takes immense self control to get started but now I prefer it. In 6 weeks I’ve lost almost 7 pounds and an wondering if anyone elsed here is plant based.

Replies

• starladeane
    starladeane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to start as well.., how did you start?
  • justme0810
    justme0810 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am slowing going that way I am starting Pescatarian/ Mediterranean diet first then all plant based.
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have changed my diet to "plant focused" and I've never felt better. I still eat fish and shrimp, and once or twice a week have lean protein. I have stopped eggs, butter, cheese and red meat and only have homemade kefir as dairy. My total cholesterol has dropped 40 points in three months (have to go back at the end of this week to get the hdl/ldl breakdown).
  • DelSydney
    DelSydney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I am about to embark on as much plant based as possible. Have been red meat/dairy free for a few years and wanting to loose weight. Perhaps Wineroom might be able to give me some insight - Im a similar age and also love my wine but the snacks aren't an issue for me.