Alcohol

Options
mauricepaul
mauricepaul Posts: 2 Member
Hi, my name is Maurice, I’m 70 in a few months. I’ve been with MFP for some time and love the way I can track what I’m eating I have no problem with food but I do have a problem with alcohol. My goal is to be alcohol free by May 6th and I’m hoping for a bit of support and encouragement and hopefully I can reciprocate with anyone out there who has the same problem. I have done keto before and plan to start that now too as my wife is keenly pursuing that way of eating. Thanks in anticipation, maurice

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome and all the best in achieving that goal.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hello, Maurice. I have the same goal...to quit the wine...or at least substantially cut down from bottle+ a day addiction. I had a 3 day streak going, which is the longest in a long time, until we went out last night. I'm back in the saddle again today, though, because boy did that wine hit hard! I started low carb the same day as I quit the wine, and I was probably already in ketosis last night which is why it hit so hard.

Anyway, good luck in your journey! Our journey!!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cheers from another drink lover. I have had good success in cutting down on consumption by switching to seltzers. I don't feel like I'm "missing out" but keeping the carbs, cals, and overall intake lower. Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer is 0 carbs, 80 cals, 0 sugar. I drank them all weekend and when I tested on a strip this evening, I was still in the pink.