Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
How many 5% Challenges have you done?

What do you like to do for fun?

What major city do you live in or near? State?

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

How would your pet or friend describe you?

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.

What is your favorite TV show?

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?

What always cheers you up?

2 fun things about you?

Anything else you would like to share?
ยซ1345

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited March 15
    Options

I started the Challenges in 2010. This is 59 for me.

What do you like to do for fun? Travel to foreign country, RV travel, dance to live bands, listen to audiobooks, Happy Color app, play cards especially canasta, read online news, dinner parties, watch 90 Day Fiance, Love is Blind, Survivor.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Vancouver Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Be in great shape for travels in 2024!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Pet - affectionate and a little lazy.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Audiobook Renegade: Defending Democracy and Liberty in Our Divided Country by Adam Kinzinger

What is your favorite TV show? 90 Day Fiance

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, cut the grass or clean house? Clean house

What always cheers you up? Playing cards

2 fun things about you? I like planning things for my friends and I to do. I love to teach other how to play games.

We were on a South American cruise in 2020, that became a Covid cruise. Then we were planning a 5 week trip to South America in Spring 2024, to see the countries I missed in 2020. My husband was recently diagnosed with cancer so we had to cancel the trip. We saw our travel friends today and they are excited to be leaving next week. I look forward to seeing their Facebook pictures.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,744 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 57 I took a break for the Fall of 2019 but soon came back. I just love this challenge and all of the members.

What do you like to do for fun? Yard Work!! (Never did it until last year), Who knew I would be mowing and lopping at 71 years old? I'm looking forward to getting the rake out soon. I also love to read, play games online, and watch movies.

What major city do you live in or near? State? The largest city near me is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 5% and exercise consistently

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cats adore me. They know I hold the key to the food cabinet.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Packing up my Carnival Glass to pass to my Daughter-In-Law.

What is your favorite TV show? Right now Mom and I are watching season 1 of Heartland.

2 fun things about you? I died twice but here I still am. Does that count as 2?

Anything else you would like to share? I am looking forward to this challenge and wishing everyone God's Blessing as we travel together.
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,046 Member
    Options
    Home

How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot not sure.

What do you like to do for fun? read play games on the computer

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winchester, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I gained weight because of health issues. I would like to get it off.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, compassionate, loving, outgoing.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. cleaned out my storage room

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS Sydney

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? clean a house

What always cheers you up? good friends or a silly movie

2 fun things about you? I am a really funny girl, my mom said I came out of the womb mouthy.

• RuthieMJones
    RuthieMJones Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? None

What do you like to do for fun? Read, cook, garden.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Austin, Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to be more active in general. I am a nurse so I do walk a lot at work. But, I would work out to build strength, and to tone my body.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog got his wings November 2022, he would have describe me as loving.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. My coffee

What is your favorite TV show? Currently, The Mandalorian and Abbott Elementary.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house

What always cheers you up? Doggy videos, animal videos. Watching my adult children succeed,

2 fun things about you? I'm a dork, and play Sims

Anything else you would like to share? Nope
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 627 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    1) This is my 56th 5% challenge
    2) My idea of fun is walking around nature, especially the waterfront; enjoying small group fellowship, good food, and worship; and enjoying quality time with my husband (Dan), friends and loved ones; being in my faith mauntra (study. pray and serve). As an introvert, I enjoy a little too much television and theatrical performances, as well as jigsaw puzzles and am on Puzzle #30 in 2024 as of this writing.
    3) Near Duluth MN
    4) Eat more whole, unprocessed foods and workout 30 minutes of daily (210 minutes per week).
    5) My best friend (to a pet.)
    6) I just assembled my 2023 tax papers and delivered to my preparer this afternoon
    7) I probable watch too much news, I DVR all the new Hallmark movies.
    8) Iโ€™d rather wash a car at the car wash ($60 for ten elite washes on sale at KwikTrip), then do the indoor detailing and cleaning over several days.
    9) The incredible love and kindnesses of my husband (truly a gentleman and generous with the compliments).
    10) My fun and often colorful style in dresses and sharing Godโ€™s gifts with others.
  • bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,284 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 20 I think

What do you like to do for fun? hike, bike, kayak, hang in my hammock, and make quilts

What major city do you live in or near? State? Birmingham, AL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to get back to my regular exercises

How would your pet or friend describe you? my cat thinks I'm a warm bed

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A quilt called for a "dot-to-dot" class

What is your favorite TV show? The Repair Shop

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? silly question, exercise

What always cheers you up? sitting at my sewing machine

2 fun things about you? I love to make quilts, and play games with my family

Anything else you would like to share? I'm still staying with my mom since her stroke last April. Some days are great and I can get my exercise. Some days are hard and she needs more supervision.
  • azhkrgrl
    azhkrgrl Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 5th or 6th I think.

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, travel, listen to podcasts, read, gardening, spend time with my family & close friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Madison, WI.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose body fat & weight, strength train & improve my flexibility.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Regimented but fun & loving.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.My tea.

What is your favorite TV show? French Series - Furies

2 fun things about you? My family is a mini UN & English is not my first language.

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • kbelle_18
    kbelle_18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is the first one.

What do you like to do for fun? Watch movies, spend time with my family, travel.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Oakland, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To exercise more, feel more comfortable at gym and outside, get stronger

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly, but introverted, kinda funny, loving

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Poor Things

What is your favorite TV show? Right now, Gillmore Girls which I just watched for the first time.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise?

What always cheers you up? Being in nature on a sunny day, a beach

2 fun things about you? Since COVID I've really been trying to catch up on travel; determined to be fit by 50 (1.5 years from now) for a big adeventure!

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,018 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count

What do you like to do for fun? Watch TV, shop and play games on the computer

What major city do you live in or near? State? Fredericksburg, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose about 8 pounds and exercise more.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind and caring

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Quilt for my friend

What is your favorite TV show? Judge Judy

2 fun things about you? I like to go out shopping and I like to have fun.

• deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,502 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot.

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking, Fishing, Gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dover, Delaware

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Continue with my Lenten plan of eliminating sweets and between meal snacking. Continue with Pilates class and Daily Cardio ST Videos.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Always there when it counts.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. This work week.

What is your favorite TV show? Older stuff ... Everybody loves Raymond. Don't watch too much TV

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Time with family

2 fun things about you? I love to travel. I teach 6th Grade Sunday School with my Husband

Anything else you would like to share? Wishing everyone a wonderful season!
  • peoriapole
    peoriapole Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot. I went through several at SparkPeople before switching over to here. I've skipped about 3 sessions since the move to myfittesspal.

What do you like to do for fun? Geocaching and hiking when I am able. Reading, puzzles, gaming, and tv/movies

What major city do you live in or near? State? Peoria, IL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Building stamina and losing at least 10 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you? Who? What?

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished a book yesterday, Tech World by BV Larson. Does Grocery shopping count? Did that this morning.

What is your favorite TV show? I don't do favorites. I've stuck with Doctor Who over the years and looking forward to the new Doctor.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean House

What always cheers you up? Babies laughter or some old song that I had forgot about.

2 fun things about you? I'm an introvert(We are hilarious.) and ...

Anything else you would like to share? I'm now sad because of the last question.
  • erikachantelle
    erikachantelle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm Erika! I'm 33 and just discovered the 5% MFP community through a reddit search for online weight loss communities.

This is my first one! I'm excited. I always do best with a community and have found that, while fitness is often tied to community, weight loss tends to be a solo venture. The most success I've ever had losing weight was in a weight loss challenge at work, so I'm hoping to see lots of success here as I work to lose some weight postpartum.

Right now, most of my time is wrapped up in work (full-time teacher), my new baby, and starting a doctorate program in education. My partner and I love taking the baby to the library and as the weather warms up, we'll be going to the zoo, museums, etc. with her.

I'm also a big film buff (will be watching Oscars tomorrow!) and I've turned to watching short films because the baby typically won't let me get through a whole movie :)

I live just outside of Boulder, Colorado. I've been here 5 years but am originally from Arkansas and have also lived in Asheville, North Carolina and New Orleans.

My goals are to lower body fat percentage, weight, and metabolic age, as well as increase my HDL which was a concern at my checkup recently.

More specifically, I'm hoping to lose 10 pounds over the next 10 weeks and I believe with that, all my other goals will start to fall into place as well.

Kind, compassionate, organized, observant, and powerful (these are some words my students recently used to describe me).

My grad school application and interview and luckily I was accepted into a Educational Equity program!

Right now I'm watching lots of Bluey! Haha! But as for my "grown-up" show, we recently finished the latest seasons of True Detective and Fargo and loved them.

Honestly, I would probably say clean the house! I am a huge fan of a nice, clean, organized house. I used to be a professional housekeeper, as well as a university custodian, and I loved the workout that would give me! I was in great shape back then :)

I'd love to use some rigorous housekeeping to help me reach my goals this season, but I'm also hoping to start some at-home exercises using Youtube as a resource.

Eventually, this summer (maybe on the next 5% challenge, I'd like to start taking Pilates Reformer classes at my rec center. But one goal at a time :)

My partner is pretty good at this! He loves joking around and that always puts me in a good mood.

2 fun things about you?
    I've had lots of jobs! Everything from the aforementioned custodian and teacher jobs, firefighter, bartender, small business owner, and even one of those people in the big mascot outfits.

Another fun thing about me is that I'm a huge fan of travel! My first time on an airplane (at 6 years old) and my first time out of the country (at 24) were both solo adventures! I've been to 43 of the states and my goal is to visit all 50 by the age of 50 (hopefully sooner!)

I'm looking forward to being part of this community and hope to both accomplish my goal and help others accomplish theirs! If I am able to reach my goal of 10lbs in 10weeks, then I will be part of the next 4 rounds, as well. My overall goal is 50lbs lost. I think this first round will be the easiest and I'll have increasing difficulty with each subsequent round but I believe in myself and all of you!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,772 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Approximately 20 including Breaks and In-Between Challenges (every one since January 2021 on SparkPeople).

What do you like to do for fun? Create silly stuff on Canva to post on my 5% team, online jigsaw puzzles and some word games (not WORDLE) and playing cards and dice games with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tampa, Florida๐Ÿ˜Žโ›ฑ๏ธ

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back to consistently pre-tracking 100% and hitting macros daily.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friends say I'm Funny and Big Hearted. My girls (cats) say I'm their SLAVE!! My girls are 100% correct.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Breakfast with a BIG mug of coffee.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿณ๐Ÿžโ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‹

What is your favorite TV show? Survivor

Would you rather exercise, wash a car, cut the grass or clean house? I'd have to pick washing the car because playing in the water is a fun way to get exercise and stay cool in the Florida heat, which is already in the 80's.๐ŸŒก๐ŸŒž

What always cheers you up? Hanging out or talking to friends/family.

2 fun things about you? When my hubs was in the hospital for 2 months recovering from a major stroke my sil and I (along with the entire rehab staff) tricked him into believing I got a cat. He hated cats, but 3 weeks after he came home, when I told him we didn't really have one, he missed looking for and hearing about her, so we ended up getting two!๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ›๐Ÿˆ

โ€œIf you eat what you have always eaten, youโ€™ll weigh what you have always weighed.โ€
    "Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork." -English proverb
  • luv2dns2
    luv2dns2 Posts: 468 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    I have done many, dating back to when I was "middle aged" and now I am definitely a "senior".

I especially enjoy my family and friends and often have grandchildren nearby to make me laugh and keep me busy.

I live in British Columbia, Canada. The nearest cities are Prince George and Prince Rupert. Alaska is a four hour drive away.

I gained weight lately, partly because it has been so cold and I do much of my exercise outside in the winter. It was icy and falling was a concern. Normally, a good walk was usually daily. Also, with fewer daylight hours, I was inside more often and not dancing enough! ( my favorite indoor exercise). So, I plan to "get outside" or "dance".

I am caring and see meals as an important and pleasant part of life.

I have just finished my breakfast that my husband made, including my tea.

I love "Vera", a mystery show, Stephen Colbert's daily news and comdedy show, "So Help Me, Todd", a comedy. It would be hard to choose one show.
    I would rather do a fun exercise.

My husband and grandchildren.

2 fun things about you?
    I have started doing some art lately and we have adopted a new kitten that is Kitty #3, more than we need or want, but he is so much fun. He was also "dropped off" to our rural property and needed care.

Anything else you'd like to share?
    My husband is from Germany and I have learned to speak German and keep it up by reading German magazines and books. I am enjoying Duolingo Spanish now, too.

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,474 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Lots

What do you like to do for fun? Play regular and computer games, go to lunch with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Amarillo Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Work on ST

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished my virtual walk Conqueror Challenge - Jesus Walk

What is your favorite TV show? Sadly I have a number of them, right now would say Blue Bloods

What always cheers you up? Music

2 fun things about you? I do have a good sense of humor, like to play games, read, dance any thing crazy

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    130StrongerEachYear Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Spring will be my third...I think

- I read for fun, I will be writing for fun in the future. I enjoy time with my children and grandchildren

What major city do you live in or near? State? Panama City, FL...plan to move to Gainesville...but it looks like it will not be until 2025

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Attain my goal weight. Increase my strength, endurance, and balance. Plus focus on a life of contentment and joy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Calm, caring, teacher/trainer.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished my quarterly article for Go Magazine. It was about the importance of kindness for business owners.

What is your favorite TV show? Lately it has been Tiny Homes...it does not take much thinking and I learn creative ways to store things for a simple life. I did watch the latest season of Jack Reacher recently.

What always cheers you up? Visiting with my grandchildren

2 fun things about you? One time I rebuilt a motorcycle and then took it on an 800 mile road trip into mountains and desert in California. I raced on a sailboat from Los Angeles to Honolulu...decades ago.

Anything else you would like to share? I am thankful I found the 5% challenge. I know it has helped me lose 56 pounds since May 2024. I hope to reach goal weight during the Spring challenge and then I will need to have support to maintain that weight forever.

Have a Great and Happy Day!!!
  • Limsha2
    Limsha2 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 5

What do you like to do for fun? Walking, Felting

What major city do you live in or near? State? Edinburgh

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To continue my weight loss Journey

How would your pet or friend describe you? cheerful willing to try new things.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Decorating my bedroom

What always cheers you up? Friends

2 fun things about you? Like to make my own recipes with varying levels of success, I also enjoy puzzles.

• Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,187 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    ~ I have been doing the 5% challenge since 2011. I took off for a couple of them but once I returned to the challenge, I never left. The challenges keep me accountable to myself.

~ I love to dance, play games on my iPad or on the computer, read, sew, learning to crochet, learning Spanish.

~ I live in the suburbs just outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

~ I want to have a better grasp on my exercising, my food intake and also doing my facial exercises.

~ My pet and friend would describe me as loving, loyal and devoted.

~ I finished hemming my grandsons new trousers. Also, I completed refurbishing a top for myself and sewed a hem on a king size flat sheet down to a queen size.

~ I have none at present but looking for another series that both my husband and I would enjoy.

~ Actually, I love to clean a house and wash a car. I always feel good after exercising.

~ My fur baby Mimi and my grand-puppies. They always manage to put a smile on my face.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ I'm an optimist to a fault and despite the fact that I am Caucasian, after living 45 years in West Africa, and intermingling with the locals, oftentimes, I feel more black than white.

~ I fully appreciate the effort of the Overall Leaders in giving me the opportunity during each challenge to become a better ME. For the last couple of years, since returning to Canada in January 2020, I have been struggling with my weight. This does not mean that I am giving up, it just spurs me on to trying harder. I NEED TO DO THIS FOR MYSELF!
  • lulabelbo
    lulabelbo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 1

What do you like to do for fun? Read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Austin

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue what I learned in the winter challenge. Better eating, exercise and weght loss.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Down to earth

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Just finished making enchiladas for dinner

What is your favorite TV show? Right now its Will Ttrent

What always cheers you up? My pup

2 fun things about you? I am competitive when I play board games. I was on a bicycle trip through Provence.

Anything else you would like to share? The winter challenge was my first. I loved the LTG mini challenges that made me more aware of my eating and exercise. Also met a great bunch of people. Thanks to all the leaders in Thinner Winners!