Eating to Loose over Exercise

Options
shannon_wyers
shannon_wyers Posts: 4 Member
Hi. I’m just joining this group cause I have about 10lbs I want to loose. My issue is that I’ll have to start off doing it on food/calorie intake alone as I’m having a hip replacement next week so as a fairly active individual this will be difficult for me. Any tips are welcomed. I feel the biggest thing for me is to track my intake and plan for the following day with the help of my family.
That’s all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Replies

• jcswc88
    jcswc88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat as I’m coming off foot surgery and slowly recovering! My big thing is tracking and balancing as I’m also breastfeeding my 3 month old.
  • shannon_wyers
    edited March 11
    Options
    Foot surgery with a 3 month old, yikes. I hope you have some help. I also find tracking the most helpful thing. And also meal planning.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I relied too heavily upon exercise when I lost weight last time. I got plantar fasciitis and had to stop walking for exercise - gained a few kgs! I swore this time that I'd only do exercise that is part of my life, rather than exercising for weight loss. If that makes sense? I guess I'm saying, losing weight with just food is maybe harder? but probably not a bad way to do it. I try to see exercise for strength and health. Good luck with your hip replacement, I have arthritis in my hip, I've been told I'll need one eventually! I'd guess you need seated things...like seated yoga, or maybe seated upper body weight training? But hopefully by being less active you'll also be less hungry.

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    jcswc88 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as I’m coming off foot surgery and slowly recovering! My big thing is tracking and balancing as I’m also breastfeeding my 3 month old.

Hope you are better soon, sounds very tough. Breastfeeding burns a lot of calories and it's hard to look after yourself when you've got a little one, hang in there:)
  • shannon_wyers
    Options
    I start physio today so hoping they can suggest some upper body exercises while I’m waiting to get back to hiking, walking and Pickleball shade.