ACTIVE LOW CARB SUPPORT GROUP

Options
Tonibaby
Tonibaby Posts: 1 Member
Trying to find an active forum for low carb support.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    This one is more active than the Keto group. I especially recommend the monthly challenge posts such as Mindfulness March (I think that is the title). Also, remember to bookmark posts with the little tab to the right the thread title or you will not be notified that there are new posts on it. Another thing to change is in your settings, there is a notification section, and you can turn on notifications for new posts in groups. If that is not on, you will not be notified that there are new group posts which is likely one of the factors that make the groups sections so inactive.
  • Snookums666
    Snookums666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been looking as well. I think this is the most active. I've found that keto isn't accepted very well in the general MFP community.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    The general population doesn't care to learn about keto and simply perpetuates every bad thing they've ever heard. 8 years ago I had a registered dietician tell me it was dangerous and not sustainable. This was just her opinion, not from any reading or research she had done. My boss also gave me a difficult time about being low carb vs strict keto. This was surprising to me as he is a type 1 diabetic.

I no longer bother educating the nay-sayers. I know the science behind it and what has proven to work for me. Don't let anyone in real life or virtual discourage you from your path.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I've been looking as well. I think this is the most active. I've found that keto isn't accepted very well in the general MFP community.

True. They will bend over backwards for Vegans, but Keto is almost always responded to as if it is unsustainable and unhealthy. Neither are true to any greater degree than changing one's diet and losing weight is difficult for everyone.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around much... I saw my surgeon today and I have yet another infection and stress fracture .. I am not sure how this is happening since I spent a lot of time on the couch ...I am in a soft cast with 2 rods on each side ... I see him in 6 weeks ... I want my active life back and to walk my dogs
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around much... I saw my surgeon today and I have yet another infection and stress fracture .. I am not sure how this is happening since I spent a lot of time on the couch ...I am in a soft cast with 2 rods on each side ... I see him in 6 weeks ... I want my active life back and to walk my dogs

That stinks. I hope you can find out how to get this under control.
  • manders1013
    manders1013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love some low carb friends. I’m not keto… but definitely LCHF compared to the SAD as I am managing gestational diabetes… would love to continue once baby is born to prevent T2D
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Hi, I would love some low carb friends. I’m not keto… but definitely LCHF compared to the SAD as I am managing gestational diabetes… would love to continue once baby is born to prevent T2D

Welcome to the group.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

That stinks. I hope you can find out how to get this under control.

Thanks @rileysowner...So looking forward to this being behind me .. it has been a lonnnnnnnnng road for sure
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Feel free to add me ... I am a keto'er