Freezer meals!

Options
leduck1
leduck1 Posts: 10 Member
Hey all! I’m looking for your favorite recipes or websites for freezer friendly meals. My schedule gets really hectic and I’ve noticed some days that I don’t even get the time to put together a slow cooker meal. That has led us into a habit of delivery, which is very convenient, but also very expensive. So I’m determined to have a few sets of meals in the freezer to choose from at any given time. Your favorites and advice to build this habit are welcome!

Replies

• RoadToFeelingGreat
    RoadToFeelingGreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Freezer friendly:
    Freeze beans. Freeze white rice. Have some meatballs portioned and frozen, falafel too, canned tuna, pasta gets done in less than 6minutes. Make some tomato sauce and Freeze it portioned so you can thaw it while the pasta gets done, along with the meatballs. There you go. Also, rice and beans combined make for a filling protein packed meal and you can add eggs, tuna, or anything you want. These are just some ideas . Hope it helps!
  • katheebowen
    katheebowen Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 7
    Options
    I got a good deal on 80 percent lean hamburger this week. I made a huge batch of taco meat and froze it in individual packs. I can pull it out and thaw quickly as is or throw it in the crock pot while I'm out and add some tomato sauce for sloppy joes over cauliflower. I put the taco meat over shredded lettuce to save calories and carbs.