WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 620 Member
    edited April 25
    Options
    I had a decent day of eating today, but a long day at work. I had a lunch meeting that was supposed to be geared towards me (well people in my job category), but was not and jumped off early. Luckily it was virtual. Then had a dinner meeting from 6pm-8pm that ran late that I wish was virtual and could have jumped off of lol. Who invented work meetings after work when you are salaried??

@Kali225 I would love the cheese its recipe too! I may or may not have a box in my pantry 🙈

@Gidgitgoescrzy great loss this week! Maybe I should try ice cream for breakfast!

@Vio_let23 it's great to hear about you! We went to epcot a few months ago and had a blast! Just start chatting when you can like @jugar said and we will have the May discussion chat opening soon.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Time marches on 🏃🏼‍♀️ - weigh-ins due through Thursday:

@MaddawgMadsen
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @jugar Oh my you will be so missed! All of you efforts for this group are so appreciated. You are truly one of a kind and really made this whole process such a gift to so many of us. I hope you find new and fulfilling adventures ahead of you. Life has many seasons and having options and opportunities makes it exciting. Love and hugs to you!
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @lauren_989 So excited to hear you will be our new co captain! I appreciate you taking this role on.
  • conleywoods
    edited April 25
    Options
    I just caught up with everyone's news. Great to hear how you are all doing. I have expanded my definition of acceptable exercise and it has made it easier to meet my exercise goals. I know I like my time at home to be more unstructured. If I make to many rigid plans I tend to avoid them. Some thing I should work on. I had an old weight bench that has been in the barn for about 10 years. I decided to drag it out and give it a makeover. Spray paint and new cushion covers!
    Before

1xey3hdnshk4.jpg

After
    2dt08j4x68d9.jpg

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wowza! I’m catching up on posts from the last 2 weeks and learned all kinds of things, including Liselyn, my incredible sister (@jugar), is stepping down from the co-captain role. We’re definitely going to need to set up more regular calls so I can keep up with all your activities!
    I plan to walk to work this morning and preemptively deal with work stress. It’s volunteer week and my first year being in this job of Program Assistant. My boss wants to celebrate me today, although I told her the other day to wait until she returns from her week off next week…we’ll see how the day turns out!
    I can relate to people’s frustration with snacking and general feelings of loss of control putting stuff in your mouth. I’m struggling with getting back into my at-home exercise routine. My OH and I are going to Massachusetts tomorrow afternoon to see Dad at the memory care facility where he’s in hospice care. It’s good that Liselyn will already be there. We can spell each other, etc.
    Let’s make it a good day while navigating the shallows and rapids of the waterways we all travel.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 247.8
    CW 245.2
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Options
    Big project launch at work not going smoothly. Was working until 1:15 am last night and back up at 5:30 am. Expecting to just come home and go to bed tonight.

I felt in control this week and it was good. Going to keep building on the momentum.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Username bowens1973
    CW 238.2

You will be missed @jugar
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    @Vio_let23 So nice to meet you. Welcome to the team!

@ashleycarole86 hope you can get some rest. Keep up the momentum

@EvMakesChanges Hope you were able to get your walk in. Enjoy the time with your dad.

@conleywoods the bench looks great. Would look better with you pressing those weights on them

@Kali225 I would love the cheeseits recipe too!

Thanks for the messages about my husbands grandma. She lived a good life and was in hospice care the last week until she went. My week was all over the place with family coming in from out of town. Nice to catch up with everyone but also tiring.

Got myself out of bed and had a good workout this morning. This always makes me feel like I've accomplished so much before the day even starts. I have today and tomorrow off from work and will start my spring cleaning. Winter stuff is getting packed away because I'm hoping it means this warm weather will stay.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh-In
    PW: 256.6
    CW: 256.7

Disappointed because I feel like I had a good week! Alas. No time to think about it since I am trying to be on the road to NY in less than 2 hours and there is quite a list of things to do before then!

I will share the cheezit recipe for sure! I am currently munching on the last bits of my batch and yum... just yum.
  • jugar
    Options
    Greetings from sunny Massachusetts - I made it down here this afternoon, and had a short and very moving visit with dad. He is only occasionally responsive, but just before we left, he opened his eyes, saw my stepmother and me, smiled, waved, touched his heart, waved again, and closed his eyes. It was wonderful to see a short glimpse of him. I am glad my sister will be here tomorrow too - it is good to spend some last times with the happy pappy.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts :heart:

Here we are, ready for the Fabulous Friday Folks! @Kali225 and I did ours a day early, so there are only two:

@EvMakesChanges
    @Vio_let23 (if you want to update your starting weight)

and @conleywoods I am impressed with your workout equipment makeover :love:
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Busy day again! I have gotten little to no exercise in this week and I need to change that! I have been keeping my food in check though!

@Kali225 have a great trip to NY!

@EvMakesChanges I'm glad you are getting to see your dad and sister in MA!

@conleywoods that's a great workout bench! You can do other things besides weights too like tricep dips and hip bridges with it.

@ashleycarole86 great loss this week!
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! My starting weight is still 185. thank you !
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    PW: 176.0
    CW: 176.0

That's better than expected since I made a 48 hour trip to Portland this last weekend. Friday and Sunday were both spent in airports with poor eating choices.

@Vio_let23 - Welcome! It's nice to have you as part of our group!

@conleywoods - Great work on sprucing up the weight bench! It looks great!

@kali225 - Have a safe and wonderful trip to NY!

@jugar & @EvMakesChanges - I'm so glad you get to spend these last days with your dad and each other.

@ashleycarole86 - fantastic weight loss this week!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I do have a couple of questions for everyone this week. Do you struggle with allergies? If so, what are you allergic to and how do you deal with them? Do they ever impact your workouts?

I'm asking these questions because I feel miserable today thanks to my allergies. I am highly allergic to dust and all trees (ironically, I work for a flooring mill which means I am around dust and trees all the time). I'm also allergic to insect bites and stings of every kind, and bad enough to carry an epi-pen for bee/wasp/hornet stings. The epi-pen is also for coconut. I do take two allergy pills every day and use Flonase when allergies flare up more. Lastly, they definitely impact my workouts when they are bad. Like today. I canceled my participation in both spin and CrossFit. :'(
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I don't typically have issues with allergies but I do take an allergy pill daily these days to see if it would help with a skin/eczema thing I've been dealing with on my right hand.

Unfortunately, I have come down with some annoying cold or the like so I feel rather socked in, stuffy, a bit tired/weak. Bummer. My drive was also nightmarish, 5 hours last night and I got in at midnight.

Recipe below the cut!
    Cheezit Recipe
    I adapted this from Emeril's quiche crust recipe - so basically just a shortcrust dough + cheese and spices.

1.25 cups all purpose flour [I plan to try this again with GF flour since my sister is coming to visit]
    1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup (or more!) grated cheese - I used aged sharp white cheddar but bet others would be good
    1 tsp cayenne
    1 tsp paprika (I didn't really measure the cayenne or paprika, just dumped a bunch in - I like a kick, but could omit if you don't!)
    pinch black pepper
    2-4 tbsp cold water

In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, the salt, the grated cheese, and spices and quickly pulse to combine. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While the motor is running, add water in tablespoon increments until dough comes together to form a ball. Be careful not to add too much of the water. I found 2 tbsp and a little extra worked well. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into a flat disk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least for 1 hour.

When ready to bake, let the dough soften enough just until it can be rolled out on a floured surface into a thin (1/4-1/3 inch thick) square shape, and then cut into small squares. I did this totally freehand and it was fine but if you have a cookie cutter shape/size that would work, that could be good, too. For appearance, I also took a toothpick and made a small hole in the center of each square like Cheezits have - but this step probably isn't necessary if you don't care how they look. Lay out on a baking sheet - they don't spread in baking so fine to crowd a bit on the tray. Bake at 350F for 12-16min; my oven runs a bit hot so I set it to 325F-ish and kept close watch. My first batch (pictured below) was a little softer, less crunchy, and the last batch was maybe a little too crisp at 16min. They are nice when warm but I think the texture is best once they have cooled and get a little crunchy.
    xb75bxga4c2l.jpg
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I have allaergies to the pollen in the spring causing itchy eyes and scratchy throat. I drink hot tea and take loratadine (claritin). I hear a lot of people like xyzal now, but haven't tried it. I tend to move my exercise indoor during "the pollening." It was decently bad this year.

We are going out to cracker barrel tonight. I love their grilled chicken tenders and carrots! It's a "cheat" meal but I still try to eat healthy. I just know they cook it in oil or butter versus healthier options I would at home.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Looking forward to returning for the month of May. 😊

April was such a busy month for me for both work and personal reasons, and I also had to travel for two weeks out of the month, so it made sense to take a break.

My starting weight for May is: 196.8

I’m honestly pleased to see this because my workouts and eating have not necessarily been the best with all my travel. So good to see it has stayed relatively even.

I have a spin class tomorrow, and then my in-laws are visiting so we will be out and about before going out to dinner and seeing a show. We’ll also eat out for breakfast the next day because my dining room is under renovations right now.
  • jugar
    Options
    New month starting soon! Here is the May team chat -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914391/waistaways-team-chat-may-2024/p1?new=1

Be sure to continue weigh-ins and exercise stats HERE through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month for introductions, goal setting, and general revving up :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.