WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
edited April 28 in Social Groups
aigug01xj22z.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and open
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs for four weeks, from March 31 - April 27.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get April rolling!

Replies

• jugar
    Options
    Welcome to April 2024!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86. I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. It was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. As of October, I hit 11 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time (but don't sweat it if you have to use a different day sometimes)! Put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, you can request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can be moved to the "Support Team" where you still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page, or click here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912625/habit-tracker-april-2024#latest

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. We're going to work hard together and enjoy ourselves :smiley:
  • eavdic188
    eavdic188 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Emma

Very busy working girl from pa
    Want to lose about 50 lbs
    Need help staying motivated
    I have been watching the biggest loser and thought it would be fun to join a group where everyone motivates each other and there are weekly weigh ins kind of like the show !

I lost about 15 lbs since last year and have maintained it but want to work on healthy habits decrease binging on sugary foods and incorporate a healthier lifestyle!
  • jugar
    Options
    eavdic188 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Emma

Very busy working girl from pa
    Want to lose about 50 lbs
    Need help staying motivated
    I have been watching the biggest loser and thought it would be fun to join a group where everyone motivates each other and there are weekly weigh ins kind of like the show !

I lost about 15 lbs since last year and have maintained it but want to work on healthy habits decrease binging on sugary foods and incorporate a healthier lifestyle!

Hi Emma! We have another member in PA - if you're in Philly you two could meet up maybe! It's fun to see where everyone is from. You can see the whole team on the stats spreadsheet here - scroll to the right after all the numbers and you'll see everyone's name and where they're from.

I hope you'll find a lot of inspiration, ideas, and support in here. It is so hard to keep up the momentum, but you are off to a great start. 15 pounds is impressive! Keeping it off is hard, but it sounds like you have the determination to keep going. I hear you on the sugary foods - they can sure get the auto-pilot style eating going. Never hesitate to hit the panic button and ask in here for quick ideas if you are finding your control slip a bit :grimace: Glad you're here!
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Adrianne, just turned 47, married, mom of a 13 year old living in the mountains of North Carolina, USA. I dropped out of this group but am back!

The last couple of months have been hectic. I’ve had a lot of business travel and been navigating high school enrollment for my daughter. We've had a death in the family that revealed some shocking family secrets and created some drama (and travel). Perimenopause has come on hard too.

I'm committing to my wellness in a big way this Spring. I'm adopting the Galveston Protocol to help deal with inflammation, hormone imbalance, and extra weight.

My weigh-in day will be Monday @Jugar.

I so appreciate the support and inspiration of this group. Life keeps pulling me away but it's time I put my wellbeing first.

• jugar
    edited March 30
    Options
    adrimango wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Adrianne, just turned 47, married, mom of a 13 year old living in the mountains of North Carolina, USA. I dropped out of this group but am back!

The last couple of months have been hectic. I’ve had a lot of business travel and been navigating high school enrollment for my daughter. We've had a death in the family that revealed some shocking family secrets and created some drama (and travel). Perimenopause has come on hard too.

I'm committing to my wellness in a big way this Spring. I'm adopting the Galveston Protocol to help deal with inflammation, hormone imbalance, and extra weight.

My weigh-in day will be Monday @Jugar.

I so appreciate the support and inspiration of this group. Life keeps pulling me away but it's time I put my wellbeing first.
    Welcome back @adrimango ! It sounds like you have had a heckuva time - the combination of teen daughter and perimenopause is already more excitement and drama than needed, but you have outdone that for sure! It is good that you are thinking about you, and getting your health up to the top of the priority list. I'm going to have to check out this Galveston Protocol to see what it is about!

**Please be sure to give me a starting weight for the month - ideally, your weight from last Monday, but a good guess will do. Thanks!
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @jugar the original book is the Galveston Diet by Dr. Mary Claire Haver. She is on Instagram if you are on that platform. It's more than a diet though - intermittent fasting, suggested supplements, recs on exercise, etc.

Starting weight 159.4
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The April Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 31st, so please join us for the Spring into Focus Challenge for a week of changing focuses which surround your health journey! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912670/april-week-1-group-challenge-spring-into-focus-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @adrimango
    Sounds like you've been through a lot since we heard from you last... so glad to have you back!

On another note... how the heck is it already almost April?

I walked the dog and got on the Peloton today! Exercise goals met. Woo hoo.
  • jugar
    Options
    We're officially "April" now! What are your goals and strategies for this month? Get specific and let's track things and see what works :smiley:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter, Team!

Sunday weigh-in -

PW - 186.4
    CW - 186.3

Just a smidgen to the left in other words! And green!

I'll be back later with my stats.

TTFN
  • jugar
    edited March 31
    Options
    I just finished doing all the stats for March. As you will see later when the results are posted here, we trailed way behind for the month! All 5 teams together lost 100 pounds in March, but we only contributed 0.4 pounds to that total.

We can do better! Out of the doldrums, folks - there are a hundred reasons why! We want to feel great, develop the choices that lead to feeling great, and take amazing care of ourselves. Be kind to the inner self that chooses to stuff things down or go for the easy buzz of easy calories, but work a bit more consistently on the new paths that will help that inner self see that there is a better way. Encourage each other, get in here and let's see how well we can do in April.

I have been struggling with overeating in March too. I am making good food choices for the most part, but just having too much. I'm going back to pre-logging and working on my stop. Just like my horse, learning a consistent and reliable Whoa! is super important. I have been slipping, and not paying attention until too late. That's my goal for April. Whoa!

I don't know who Jimmie Adams is (no relation, I'm sure!), but this is the discussion I'll be having with Jasper and myself -
    5i7j8va4hygz.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Team,

Here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days.

Sunday 24th March - 9278
    Monday 25th - 4325 / Heather Robertson 12 Week 4.0 Day 29 - 39 mins Full Body Strength & Power
    Tuesday 26th - 2350 / HR12W4.0 Day 30 - 42 mins Core Strength & Mobility
    Wednesday 27th - 2605
    Thursday 28th - 9475 / 73 mins Yoga
    Friday 29th - 2706 / 38 mins HR12W4.0 Day 31 - Lower Body Strength Supersets
    Saturday 30th - 2776
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    vwiei0f63plj.png
    9q518hwsaezk.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1b8hj0ahwpsk.png

By Pounds
    fh7xzmqw2ug7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    3falc921ipdl.png

By Pounds
    abhjk4mkxbgb.png
    zt1dlwnb8myu.png

Team Winners
    stt049fy6y8u.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    i7fkljrxdp63.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    2rk7h76bdsag.png
    k7cedeoum9kz.png
    (100 lbs, holy cow!)

ydjvcr7b37by.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    641i09qublad.png

By Pounds
    4423g2rg9onj.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    xbdsrard9un1.png

By Pounds
    73bo2su7p7en.png
    6htj024i72em.png

Team Winners
    dt0lmnh2p98e.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    8856do4ia4ge.png
    • Congrats to Downsizers for having the highest percentage of members in the green this month!
    • Congrats to Downsizers and Weight No More for having at least half of their members in the green on average throughout the month!
    • Congrats to Downsizers and WaistAways for having over 60% of their members in the green for at least one week!
    • Congrats to Shape Shifters for being the only team to finish the month stronger than they started!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So I overate today 🙈 I was about to say not terrible...but it was. I did go for a walk and enjoyed the 80 degree and sunny day! We had a very nice easter dinner and I tried to make some spring cupcakes which turned out pretty well for the first time pipping icing!

@micki48 yes, I love you being here too, no matter how short!

Time to get back on track. I went to body pump yesterday and went for the nice walk today. Tomorrow I will change my eating around. Still having some congestion, but overall feeling better.
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 I agree it is great to have you here even if sporadically, but I am happy to put you on the support team for the month if you want to relieve the pressure of having to weigh in every week. You are still to come in and say hi whenever possible though! If you want to keep weighing in just to keep checking up on yourself, that is great too, and there should be no worry if the numbers are not what you'd wish. May is coming! Let me know which way you'd like to do April. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.