Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    Boredom is a fabulous tool and a great indicator that there is more fun to be had. Next time you're feeling bored, look more closely. If there doesn't seem to be much going on, then look even closer. If you start to look for interesting things and for more detail, you will see it in a new light and something that was once boring can reveal itself as truly fascinating. If you're still bored, then spend a few minutes looking at boredom itself. What does it feel like in your mind? In your body?

avxtbhmy984d.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. Let's try to make today fabtabulous
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. Let's try to make today fabtabulous

@Amygirlarmyof1 I'm in! LOL
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning everyone! As expected my steps were abysmal yesterday. :-(

Wed 4/3: 6,859
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @PatriceFitnessPal No problem!

Thank you for excusing today’s weigh in report. The AirBnB rental we’re staying in for our rowing trip in Oakridge, TN is beautiful, but there is no scale here. The weather is a little cold and overcast but we start rowing tomorrow so I hope it warms up by then.

Congratulations on ‘righting your ship’ after feeling off course! I think responding more quickly, learning from past experiences, and forming better habits is really the key to improving our health and fitness longterm! Great job!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I feel you with the allergies, they haven't started too bad here yet, but they are coming!! I'm glad to hear the swelling is getting better, I was hoping for a positive update =)

I'm doing ok, my foot injury from the summer is finally better for the most part. Just a few little pains when I do to much, instead of pain all day every day. I'm also getting pretty good at the "waiting game". I've accepted the wait and don't find it stressful right now.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @ Krysless2 -- Did he get sick in Cancun? Ever see the tv show, "Monsters Inside Me" usually starts with, "we had been on vacation and shortly after symptoms began..." Definitely get him checked for parasites, there are a few that can cause the vomiting / GI issues. Usually in Mexico people get got with ice, they will drink bottled water and then either get ice that's not distilled or brush their teeth with tap water etc. (My husband grew up part of his life in Mexico - brushed his teeth and caught a bug). I hope he feels better. I guess that's a heck of a way to lose weight!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    ]**Update on Jim(hubby): he made an appointment with the gastroenterologist for tomorrow. … I have a feeling he has an ulcer as he was throwing up our dinner two weeks prior the night he came home from Cancun. That lasted about two days but we brushed it off as food poisoning. We went through this with our daughter last year, 17 at the time, although her symptoms were slightly different. By 4th of July to rush us to the ER. … ~ Krystal

Wow! Your family has been going through a lot. I hope the doctor is able to diagnose the problem so your husband feels better soon! I’m glad your daughter is better now — scary! You were smart to keep checking in with the medical team so they finally requested blood work!

Good insights, @Itadakimasu7! It’s definitely worth mentioning the trip to Cancun as part of the appointment! Take care!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Thursday ~ April 4
    Good morning Shape Shifters. A boring day here. Weather was awful so no walk. I ate all my calories for the day in like a 1 hour window, so I had nothing to eat after 10:06. I managed but it was annoying. I worked on my puzzle, read a lot and did my gym rings workout. Happy Friday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    0rowtozea96y.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning!!

Friday weigh in
    PW: 149.8
    CW: 149.0

Have a great day everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Oh yeah, my steps for Thursday were 11,516.

I got out a few times for quick walks even with the crazy weather. Going to walk to the library today and get myself a card, then to the coffee shop and used book shop. Going to see if they have a copy of the Sorcerer's Stone. My library in Maryland has a waiting list! 😯 For a book that is 25 years old! Amazing.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/3 4,000
    4/4 6,193
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    @DaffyGirl88 The Harry Potter Books are very popular, I hope you find the books your looking for. If not you might find another great series at the used book store, I would recommend Percy Jackson and the Olympians, that is similar to Harry Potter, as well as the Golden Compass.

Steps:
    Apr. 3= 7740
    Apr. 4= 10,892
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,299 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    April week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, April 5
    PW: 249.2
    CW: 250.1 ( gained 0.9 lbs; 0.36%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,299 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 4/2: 7,505
    Wed 4/3: 10,142
    Thu 4/4: 4,350
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    My steps
    4/2 10,497
    4/3 21,032
    4/4 20,155
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 120.4
    CW: 121.0

I am ready to say I’ve hit my goal. I’d like my goal zone to be set between 120 and 129. Do I still weigh in each week (with PW and CW)? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.