Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited April 28 in Social Groups
aigug01xj22z.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and open
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs for four weeks, from March 31 - April 27.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get April rolling!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @Jounee_hdl, @Mayzi61 and @Trillium54 to our amazing team....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for for awhile now and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the captain of this marvelous team..@lindamtuck2018 is stepping down as captain ..She will be missed... I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who turned 6 years old on 10/10( and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 6 years old 12/22) ... I lost my 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 recently within 4 days apart and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who turned 18 on 10/5 and graduated high school on June 9th my little girl is not little no more ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 24 (had a birthday on 10/24 who is married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he has graduated from the academy and is a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My goals for April .. stay with keto.... meal prepping with my daughter's help ....drinking 140 ounces of water daily and getting at least 5 hours of sleep.... I had a lot of health issues...but I am happy to say that I am off all meds ..I am no longer type 2 diabetic ... I had kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems)
    4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot
    5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...6th foot surgery happened on 8/25 where I have a plate and more screws.. 7th surgery happened on September 16th when I lost my balance and fell in my home .. and had to have the rod that I bent replaced 8th foot surgery happened on Dec 16th...9th foot surgery happened on February 7th...I just had my 10th foot surgery on 3/28/2024 where he put 2 plates and 8 screws in my ankle..... Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that I am done with surgeries

If there is anymore you want to know about me just ask
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Wow, April already. My name is Linda and I was captain until this month. I am leaving you all in the capable hands of Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970. Don’t forget to tag her from now on when post your weekly weights.

I am married, have 3 adult children and 4 beautiful granddaughters. My 18 year old granddaughter, Hayley, moved in with us at the end of February. It has been a big adjustment have someone else in the apartment along with dealing with snacks that would not normally be available in my place. I will be 60 this c9ming June and hope to be at my goal weight by then. I have lowered it a few times but expect I will be stopping once I get off the next 8 pounds. My exercise has been sad. It is better than it was but definitely needs improvement. I am waiting on back surgery in the next couple of months. I have slowly been improving my walking distance. I increased my steps last month but will wait until next month to do so again. I also have to start gett In the pool more. I am dealing with memory issues so if I ask a question twice or repeat myself I apologize in advance. I better not forget to mention my two very fat cats Nick and Lady.

Welcome to our new teammates!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The April Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 31st, so please join us for the Spring into Focus Challenge for a week of changing focuses which surround your health journey! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912670/april-week-1-group-challenge-spring-into-focus-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    Good morning! I still haven’t settled on some goals for April but I think I will make exercise my focus. Off to the pool if it is open. Still having heating issues so I guess I will just have you work out harder to stay warm.

Steps: 7,120
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ... I am excited to be your captain of this amazing team ...@lindamtuck2018 I hope you continue with your amazing weight loss ...I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.. I hope you feel some relief with not being captain ..you will still be missed and I absolutely loved working with you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 1
    Options
    g68iu93kl1a6.jpg

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for March week 4.. Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening of April 2nd so that I can post the results

@aactuallyaash 3/24 - 3/30
    @Hotspur11 3/24 - 3/30
    @FindingSamMon 3/24 - 3/30
    @prodigal6766 3/24 - 3/30

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/24 7,052 ST = 0
    3/25 8,054 ST = 20
    3/26 7,004 ST = 20
    3/27 1,589 ST = 0 ~ Sick
    3/28 2,482 ST = 0
    3/29 10,202 ST = 20
    3/30 8,338 ST=20
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 132 pounds.
    CW: 132 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 774 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    g68iu93kl1a6.jpg

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for March week 4.. Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening of April 2nd so that I can post the results

@aactuallyaash 3/24 - 3/30
    @Hotspur11 3/24 - 3/30
    @FindingSamMon 3/24 - 3/30
    @prodigal6766 3/24 - 3/30
    @rainyrae 3/24 - 3/30

3.30 455
    To wet to leave the rv!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    vwiei0f63plj.png
    9q518hwsaezk.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1b8hj0ahwpsk.png

By Pounds
    fh7xzmqw2ug7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    3falc921ipdl.png

By Pounds
    abhjk4mkxbgb.png
    zt1dlwnb8myu.png

Team Winners
    7gids844pnsu.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    i7fkljrxdp63.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    2rk7h76bdsag.png
    k7cedeoum9kz.png
    (100 lbs, holy cow!)

ydjvcr7b37by.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    641i09qublad.png

By Pounds
    4423g2rg9onj.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    xbdsrard9un1.png

By Pounds
    73bo2su7p7en.png
    6htj024i72em.png

Team Winners
    xjxnqx3a1v04.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    8856do4ia4ge.png
    • Congrats to Downsizers for having the highest percentage of members in the green this month!
    • Congrats to Downsizers and Weight No More for having at least half of their members in the green on average throughout the month!
    • Congrats to Downsizers and WaistAways for having over 60% of their members in the green for at least one week!
    • Congrats to Shape Shifters for being the only team to finish the month stronger than they started!
  • Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Super congrats to the winners or losers as the case may be. ;)

New to the challenge but happy to be here. I'm Barb, originally from Ohio but now living in NC. I'm 62 (how did that happen? :# ) and single but have one dog: Nelly. Everyone asks if she's a rapper, but her name got misspelled on at the vet office and I just went with it. She doesn't seem to mind. Love the mountains and love to hike in them. But I'd like to hike in them at a lighter weight.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 : Can you add me to the step list? I'll aim for 5000 a day. I know it's low, but I had some humongous dental work done last week and can't go for it just yet. It'll give me something to aim for!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Super congrats to the winners or losers as the case may be. ;)

New to the challenge but happy to be here. I'm Barb, originally from Ohio but now living in NC. I'm 62 (how did that happen? :# ) and single but have one dog: Nelly. Everyone asks if she's a rapper, but her name got misspelled on at the vet office and I just went with it. She doesn't seem to mind. Love the mountains and love to hike in them. But I'd like to hike in them at a lighter weight.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 : Can you add me to the step list? I'll aim for 5000 a day. I know it's low, but I had some humongous dental work done last week and can't go for it just yet. It'll give me something to aim for!

Welcome to our team ... if you have any questions please feel free to ask.. I am the captain of this team and I will absolutely add you to our step challenge :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question of the day: What is everyone's favorite holiday? Mine is Christmas I love the winter months and my Birthday is 4 days after Christmas
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Way to put week 3 behind and crush it in week 4 to bring home to gold. Ride the wave, yall. Let's bring the trophy back home this month. 🫶🏽
  • Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Favorite holiday? Has to be July 4th. It's summertime, and the livin' is easy as the song goes. It was also my sister's birthday (she passed away many years ago) so it's always been sort of special to me. I'm not so much for fireworks, but I love a good picnic, lol.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Favorite holiday? Has to be July 4th. It's summertime, and the livin' is easy as the song goes. It was also my sister's birthday (she passed away many years ago) so it's always been sort of special to me. I'm not so much for fireworks, but I love a good picnic, lol.

Sorry for your loss
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Happy Easter everyone. Sorry for my late entry, we just got home. Numbers are a little higher this week probably because we have been traveling again to see friends (and eating too well!) Oh, well,. we will get it off this week.

User:rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 266.0 lbs
    CW: 269.8 lbs (Up 3.8 lbs Gulp!)

Hope you all had a good day.
This discussion has been closed.