Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Question of the day....If money wasn't an issue ...Where would you live? I think I would want to live in Greece I absolutely love their food :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Question of the day....If money wasn't an issue ...Where would you live? I think I would want to live in Greece I absolutely love their food :)

Id live in a brand new rv and travel the world in it. So much to see out there!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9pplo0yer1rc.jpg

MARCH WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1ST @Slimmersixties 61,929 steps
    2ND @itladyee 51,681 steps
    3RD @lindamtuck2018 50,399 steps
    4TH @RoblinB 46,616 steps
    5th @FindingSamMon 43,372 steps
    As A Group We Walked 305,453 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 2/7
    @itladyee 4/7
    @RoblinB 6/7
    @Slimmersixties 5/7
    @FindingSamMon 4/7
    @rainyrae 2/7
    @myndieet 0/7

91g5t3mydpps.jpg
    GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH ARE:
    1ST @Hotspur11 276,562 STEPS
    2ND @itladyee 245,511 STEPS
    3RD @Slimmersixties 232,777 STEPS
    4TH @RoblinB 220,276 STEPS
    5TH @lindamtuck2018 181,843 STEPS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 2,180,798 STEPS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,118 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: Wow, it's already Wednesday. This week took off and left me in the dust...but not without focus. It's April and time to get back on the horse. The horse was dragging me in February and I totally fell off in March. April, I'm back on board and soon to be standing on that saddle. {Quite the visual}🙂

Goals for April
    I am focusing on water as my main goal. With a little effort and thought, I can reach 64 ounces. I am aiming to consistently hit 80 ounces by the end of April.

Thoughts:
    4iybr50i7p0b.png

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/31 1544 ST =0 (ok, not April yet) :wink:
    4/1 8,191 ST = 15
    4/2 9,950 ST = 20
    4/3
    4/4
    4/5
    4/6

Congrats Downsizers for rockin' March!! Nicely Done!

Welcome @Trillium54 ~ I can relate. I turned 63 last year and still haven't figure it out ...🙂

Welcome @Jounee_hdl, @Mayzi61 too!
    Favorite holiday ~ It used to be Thanksgiving, then it used to be Christmas but so much has changed in my life and Christmas is so commercialized ~ I enjoy spending time with family but I'm so done with gift giving ~ the meaning is no longer there. My new favorite is New Year's Eve and New Year's. It's a time to reflect on the year, celebrate the successes and learn from the mishaps and then plan for the New Year!

Favorite color ~ Purple.

@Chickieboom22 ~ I really need to read slower. I just read that your new kitty, Tuxedo is in an acpella chorus! Wait, what...? reread..gave me a chuckle though! Welcome!

Favorite movie ~ All time favorite, Shawshank Redemption. Current Favorite - I loved the Holdovers!
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Me too, Greece 😊 Corfu to be precise..
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    9pplo0yer1rc.jpg

MARCH WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1ST @Slimmersixties 61,929 steps
    2ND @itladyee 51,681 steps
    3RD @lindamtuck2018 50,399 steps
    4TH @RoblinB 46,616 steps
    5th @FindingSamMon 43,372 steps
    As A Group We Walked 305,453 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 2/7
    @itladyee 4/7
    @RoblinB 6/7
    @Slimmersixties 5/7
    @FindingSamMon 4/7
    @rainyrae 2/7
    @myndieet 0/7

91g5t3mydpps.jpg
    GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH ARE:
    1ST @Hotspur11 276,562 STEPS
    2ND @itladyee 245,511 STEPS
    3RD @Slimmersixties 232,777 STEPS
    4TH @RoblinB 220,276 STEPS
    5TH @lindamtuck2018 181,843 STEPS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 2,180,798 STEPS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

Don't like the '7/0' ☹ Ordered a activity tracker.. Maybe that'll help me 🤞
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 167.4 lbs
    CW: 163.0

This might be an artificial low, I had a dental procedure done last week and I've been on a liquid/full liquid diet. Just adding softer "real" foods back in the last couple of days. So, we'll see next week, but I'll take it for now, lol.

Looks good! I'm sure you'll rock it into next week 👍🏽👍🏽
  • NachDeezy
    Options

I know it's a weird answer... but I'll go with Tucson, Arizona.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ouilssza86eq.jpg

Thursday Weigh-ins

@NachDeezy
    @needlecraft
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question of the day ... If you could pick any car...What car would you want?
    For me I want a 2024 Yukon Denali XL in the volcanic red tintcoat :)
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,118 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I had to think about this one for a while. I think no matter the place I choose, I would eventually get bored...hence my desire to travel as much as I can.

So I agree with @Slimmersixties with a one stipulation :)

Id live in a brand new rv and travel the world in it. So much to see out there!

I need a driver and someone experienced with RV's.

I think I'd have a great time!!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Question of the day ... If you could pick any car...What car would you want?
    For me I want a 2024 Yukon Denali XL in the volcanic red tintcoat :)

I actually drive my dream car right now, but it is no longer being made. I actually had to track this one down used because I missed the first one I had so much.

Don't laugh, but definitely picture this in your head- A bearded, tattooed, 600+lb Mexican in a Nissan Cube. hahahaha. I love that car so much though (and I fit in it a little better now ;) )
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 406.6
    CW - 404.8

1.8 down.. I have to tell yall, I was fightin hard these last few days trying to get as big a drop as I could. I know the sodium intake isn't doing me any favors, though. Still 1.8 is a really solid drop! I just want that next century so bad I can taste it (with a little bit of salt)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 406.6
    CW - 404.8

1.8 down.. I have to tell yall, I was fightin hard these last few days trying to get as big a drop as I could. I know the sodium intake isn't doing me any favors, though. Still 1.8 is a really solid drop! I just want that next century so bad I can taste it (with a little bit of salt)

Nice loss! I feel you on the sodium. I love anything salty but it does love me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 225.3 (102,2 kg)
    CW 226.2 ( 102,6 kg)

This just isn't fair 😐 Yesterday I weighed 3.3 lbs less than today.. Having issues holding fluid sucks!

Don’t you hate that. I usually weigh less either the day before or the day after. You know it is from the fluid so it should drop next week.
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 167.4 lbs
    CW: 163.0

This might be an artificial low, I had a dental procedure done last week and I've been on a liquid/full liquid diet. Just adding softer "real" foods back in the last couple of days. So, we'll see next week, but I'll take it for now, lol.

Nice loss no matter the circumstances. Even if there is a small uptick next week you still will have a great loss over the 2 weeks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: Wow, it's already Wednesday. This week took off and left me in the dust...but not without focus. It's April and time to get back on the horse. The horse was dragging me in February and I totally fell off in March. April, I'm back on board and soon to be standing on that saddle. {Quite the visual}🙂

Goals for April
    I am focusing on water as my main goal. With a little effort and thought, I can reach 64 ounces. I am aiming to consistently hit 80 ounces by the end of April.
    Thoughts:
    4iybr50i7p0b.png

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/31 1544 ST =0 (ok, not April yet) :wink:
    4/1 8,191 ST = 15
    4/2 9,950 ST = 20
    4/3
    4/4
    4/5
    4/6

Congrats Downsizers for rockin' March!! Nicely Done!

Welcome @Trillium54 ~ I can relate. I turned 63 last year and still haven't figure it out ...🙂

Welcome @Jounee_hdl, @Mayzi61 too!
    Favorite holiday ~ It used to be Thanksgiving, then it used to be Christmas but so much has changed in my life and Christmas is so commercialized ~ I enjoy spending time with family but I'm so done with gift giving ~ the meaning is no longer there. My new favorite is New Year's Eve and New Year's. It's a time to reflect on the year, celebrate the successes and learn from the mishaps and then plan for the New Year!

Favorite color ~ Purple.

@Chickieboom22 ~ I really need to read slower. I just read that your new kitty, Tuxedo is in an acpella chorus! Wait, what...? reread..gave me a chuckle though! Welcome!

Favorite movie ~ All time favorite, Shawshank Redemption. Current Favorite - I loved the Holdovers!

I think you may be riding the horse that I got kicked off or maybe I jumped off. I so need focus. I think I need to focus on the choice part of the health picture.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:
    April 2nd 6,440
    April 3rd 8,121

Well I think I fell off the horse that @itladyee is riding. My decision not to track from Friday to Sunday was a poor one. I am struggling with my eating. My sleep has been messed up since Monday. Anyone that has been around the group knows poor sleep = poor eating for me. Last night I had the worst binge in maybe a few years. Scared me. I am up 5 pounds since Friday. Scary 🫣

I have walked outdoors the last three days. Went a little too far today and struggled to get home but I did it. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to get to the pool.

Place to live: like a few others I would love to travel. It would be amazing. Maybe live for a few months in different places.

Car: Mercedes Benz convertible in red. I just looked and they are almost $250,000. I guess it will be a dream. I have wanted one since I was 17.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 406.6
    CW - 404.8

Awesome loss .... Congrats ... I am your biggest cheerleader and so proud of you :)
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 406.6
    CW - 404.8

Awesome loss .... Congrats ... I am your biggest cheerleader and so proud of you :)

At the end of last March I sent you this message-
    "Hi Megan.. I was looking around at your support groups and noticed the majority of your folks have less than 100 to lose. I am on the other end of the spectrum with a ton to lose and am worried I will ruin your groups culture or overall vibe. I am new and just trying to find somewhere I can fit in and hopefully save myself. I wanted to touch base with you to see what you think. I have roughly 300 to lose. thanks so much for your time."

You basically told me to get my butt in here and 1 year later here we are.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 406.6
    CW - 404.8

At the end of last March I sent you this message-
    "Hi Megan.. I was looking around at your support groups and noticed the majority of your folks have less than 100 to lose. I am on the other end of the spectrum with a ton to lose and am worried I will ruin your groups culture or overall vibe. I am new and just trying to find somewhere I can fit in and hopefully save myself. I wanted to touch base with you to see what you think. I have roughly 300 to lose. thanks so much for your time."

You basically told me to get my butt in here and 1 year later here we are.

I am sooo happy you listened to me and got your butt in here...you have done awesome on your journey and I can't tell you how very proud I am of you🤗🤗🤗🤗
This discussion has been closed.