Losing weight and lifts stalling out

Options
CipherZero
CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
Not sure what's going on for the past few weeks. I've moved to a ABxABxx 3x5 lifting cycle, thus:
A: Lowbar squat, deadlift (1x5), weighted crunches
B: Bench press, overhead press, bent over row, lat pulldown

Lower body is still ramping up even four months in as squats and deads keep going ever-upwards. However, the bench press and seated OHP (before switching to OHP last week) has been stalled for a solid month as the reps I can get vary all over the road. One session I'll hit 5/5/4, the next it's 3/3/3 with no rhyme or reason.

Given I'm still on The Eternal Cut to lose weight and fat, is this an expected outcome? I've deloaded back in late May / early June for both SOHP and benching but haven't broken through the plateaus on either since.

Thanks /fit/!

Replies

• SmokeAndFire
    Options
    I'm not sure, broski.

My squats stalled and I eventually just deloaded to 80% of what I had stalled at and built back up by mercilessly adding 10 lbs per session.

It worked for me, try that.

( My deads, bench, and mil press all advanced while my squats stalled, for the record. )
  • stoyanov
    stoyanov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me my lifts were ok, even moved up a bit in the beginning. Then a couple of months in and everything stalls. I'm like ok, that's to be expected, when I finish the cut, I'll start moving up again.
    However, it gets worse if you cut for too long. For me the real problem was all my lifts going down every time I skip a workout for one reason or another or if I don't really train at 100% percent.
    Say I can OHP 60kg, but I skip a workout or I just don't feel very well and I decide to OHP 55kg this time. The next time I OHP I can only do 55 and it feels as hard as the 60kg did before. Repeat this a couple of times and all my lifts are down about 20%.

I think the solution is shorter cut/bulk cycles - one or two months maybe up to 3, but I am yet to try this and see how it works.