Do you feel exercise programs are lacking for seniors?

Options
klynnlw
klynnlw Posts: 1 Member
I’ve been using My Fitness Pal for many years and thought I’d join a group. I don’t see many posts so am just wondering if many are participating in this group. I love using this app but find that the exercise programs don’t really include much for us seniors who don’t quite move like those young-uns. Anyone agree?

Answers

• shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! Rejoining. I live in 55+ community that offers dozens of classes, great places to walk, and a 26 meter swimming pool one mile (walking distance) from our house. Love it here! Exercise is NOT the problem. Too much eating out and socializing is my problem! Hope this group is active and involved!! (I am 73 but feel like 43. Just need to lose 15-25 pounds for my health) Klynnlw I am here if you need a partner!
  • Kkinok
    Kkinok Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to live in a community like yours. I live in a small town and only get out to go to the doctors in the nearest city 60 miles away. I feel like a prisoner. I recently found out I have a heart blockage and my doctor put me on wegovy and I’m using mvp. I noticed not many use this group. I really could use a more mature friend that’s trying to get healthier as well. I just turned 70.
  • fraklein
    fraklein Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have a Senior Center a few blocks away that really caters to senior activities. Many free programs. Also, my local Y has a free exercise program for seniors, open to non-members. Online, there is Silver Sneakers, with many exercises for non-members. If you do a search on YouTube, you'll find tons of good exercise videos that are just for seniors and/or those struggling with health issues.
  • Cathy3927
    Cathy3927 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use YouTube also but most of my exercise is walking at the local tracks indoor and outdoor when not too hot. It is difficult even here to find actual classes because of cost!