Football foods

Options
Howbouto
Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
Anyone one have paleo friendly recipes for football foods? College football has started and Saturday afternoons will now be filled with yelling at the TV. I know if I don't have food during the game, my husband will order pizza. My goal is to prevent this. I plan on making wings, as they are very easy to make and paleo (I bake them). Any other suggestions?

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I have an excellent recipe for paleo ribs that I have made many times and they are AMAZING!!!!
    http://paleospirit.com/2011/dry-rubbed-barbecue-pork-ribs-paleo-style/
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    guacamole, pork rinds, veggie sticks, jerky?

bacon wrapped stuff......scallops, asparagus, dates, etc. etc.

I will have to try that ribs recipe...:)
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cut a head of cauliflower into bite size florets, toss with a few tbsp of bacon fat, pepper, garlic powder and bake single layer on cookie sheet in 400 degree oven for about 45 mins. . . until it starts to brown up. Remove from oven and toss with hot sauce of choice. Back in oven for 10-15 mins to thicken sauce on bites. Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy your Spicy Cauliflower Poppers!!
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    BUFFALO WINGS!!!!!!

I boil the wings first. Cool and dry and then toss in Franks Bulfalo sauce not the regular hot sauce. Cook under a broiler (several inches away from the heat on a cookie sheet with oiled foil or they'll stick) and turn over and cook on the other side to get skin a crisp as possible. Brush another coating of sauce on and leave a minute or 2 more to set sauce. Serve with additional sauce and homeade blue cheese dressing made with sour cream, mayo, worchestershire, vinegar and blue cheese. That's my kind of football food.