April 10-16, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,941 Member
edited April 10 in Social Groups
LW: 130.6
TW: 130.6

And so she goes. Being in week 4 of all of this chaos plus concerns about its costs has my ratty little brain saying, "Go head and eat that piece of cake. You deserve a little treat." But then when I hit the scale, I think, "why do I keep doing this?"

I think I've held together pretty well since all this actually began on Jan 5 (yes, it has been that long), but on Monday night I finally hit a wall. The excavation crew was back on Monday, digging up the entire front yard again, and in fact, digging deeper and wider this time. The noise of that, which included machinery and people shouting at each other to be heard above the noise, just ground my last nerve to bits. The shouting was also in Spanish, so I couldn't even understand it. My college Spanish was just too many years ago.

So we decided to meet up with friends on Monday night just to get out of the house and out of our heads. And while getting dressed, I took my contacts out to rinse them, and when I put them back in I could not see. It was kind of like looking through wax paper. I was so grateful that I had not tried to see the eclipse that day (couldn't find our glasses from 2017 and never thought to get more). If had done that, I'm sure I would have been terrified that I had gotten glasses that were not up to the standard and had injured my retinas.

Anyway, while fiddling with my contacts, I suddenly felt nauseous and shaky and when I looked at my pulse rate on my fitbit, it was high for me. I tried to get hubby to go out without me, but he wouldn't. So I laid down for a short time and then we just settled in and watched a couple of cooking shows. Thankfully, when I got up yesterday, I was okay. My vision was normal, my heart rate was back down, and I made it through my class just fine.

When I got back from class, the excavation crew was bacl to fill in the deep trench they dug the day before. That took most of the day, but hopefully, that is the end of the digging. Today the concrete folks are back, and the flooring company will be here on Friday. Then on to dry wall, cleaning and painting.

Lois, I am so glad that your cousins' injuries were not serious. Being t-boned is very dangerous. They must have had some angels along for the ride. And bless you for taking that scary drive to pick them up.

Sheesh, you’re right that we talked about plans months ago, and I too, have not really established one. I like your idea of a slow but steady one. I think that my plan for right now is one that is not that long term. My immediate plan is to get back to the 128 that I weighed when this sewer problem. It took me 3 months to edge up almost 3 pounds, so I should be able to edge down 3 pounds in 3 months. It would be great if I could do a little better than that, but at least that. And after talking to my doc again about calcium, another part of my short-term plan is to see if I can get half of my calcium needs met through food without driving my kcals and fat too high. I love dairy, but try to limit that because of the fat and calories in cheese, milk, etc. So including them and other higher calcium foods is going to mean being more vigilant with other things, like bread and sweets.

Kelly, I hope things are moving with the home sale and the home purchase in your old neighborhood. I would not be surprised if you said that your house has already sold. Homes that are in good condition and that show well go in a flash around here. And I said it before--yours is absolutely lovely.

Well, it’s time to get outside and get some steps in. I plan to walk to the CVS to drop off some expired drugs and then I’m going to walk my hilly route if my left knee can hold up. (It’s barking again some lately.)

Before I go, here are my 7-day averages for last week, which are not as good as the week before.

Steps = 10,123
Kcals Burned = 1,644
Stairs = 16 floors

AND P.S. - Every time I say or hear CVS, I think about Ellen Degeneres explaining to Michelle Obama that CVS stands for "Cottonballs, Vaseline, and Stuff." :D

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited April 11
    Options
    LW: 135.6
    TW: 135.2

Oh good. Well, like I said, I'm going to do it slow. So, I'll take that. Sarah, I think if I had numbers more like yours with steps and calorie burn, I would do better. Congrats on always getting the 10K and so many floors!

The last week was a blur . . workouts, golf, golf lesson, NCAA ball games, dinner at our daughter's / SIL's house. And now this week is repeat, but add in patio furniture and cushions put out, and our OR daughter and her oldest daughter are coming for a visit through the weekend. Granddaughter hasn't had a chance to hold the new baby yet, so we'll be having people for dinner. We'll also go shopping at a new outdoor mall, out to eat I'm sure, and of course, mani / pedis. The girls love going together when they're in town together. The 2-1/2 year old is even into it now. :D

We finally have some really nice weather. The only bad thing is I'm having bad allergies this year. Even my eyes are watery. I've tried allergy medicines, but the only thing that works well for me is Flonase. Just when it gets nice outside, I'm reluctant to go out for walks because it's so bad! But I know I will anyway.

Sarah, I think you've had so much patience with this project. I can't believe it's been going on since Jan 5! You and hubby deserve a major break after it's done. I hope you're feeling okay and haven't had a repeat of the blurry vision and nausea. It's probably stress related, but I also thought about how watery my eyes have been this spring. Maybe some kind of allergy ? Anyway, take it easy when you can, and maybe add some yoga or deep breathing meditations to your week. Stress is a killer.

Lois, your cousin is so fortunate that injuries weren't worse with a t-bone accident. You're so nice to go get them. I have a friend whose left eye has never been the same since her t-bone car accident. Glad the injuries were minor for your cousin. And, I hope you have a fabulous time in Disneyland this weekend!

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Life continues to be insane.
    After a week, we decided to pull our house off the market. After seeing what's out there for houses, and what they're selling for, we just can't do it. Houses in the 400-600k price point are selling for 65k over asking :o , while houses over the 600k mark are taking longer to sell. We just can't bring ourselves to over pay for a smaller house, when we don't really need to move. We just thought now would be the right time, but clearly it's not. So now, we hold steady, meet with the bank guy on Wednesday to see what we can do to add our cabin to our mortgage instead of paying the high interest on our line of credit. It's bittersweet for sure. We wanted to sell the house so we'd have extra "play" money for the cabin, but we weren't quite ready to sell our beautiful home.
    On top of that, our daughter started Spring Hockey. She has her first tournament starting Thursday and then next weekend we're off to Calgary for her 2nd tournament. Ball hockey starts at the beginning of May for both kids and we're trying to get our son enough driving hours in so he can go for his licence this summer.
    Also, I still haven't figured out my eye swelling issue. My doctor put me on allergy pills, I went for allergy testing and nothing came back, but I'm waiting for my blood work and urine test results from the allergist, which I will get Thursday. Everything has been good since I've been on my allergy pills, until this weekend, when my eye swelled up AGAIN. It swaps back and forth too, never the same eye. So super frustrating because it takes a couple days for the swelling to go down. It happened Saturday at lunch, and finally this morning it's mostly back to normal. Could it be stress? Could it be a symptom of perimenopause? I don't know. I do know that I haven't been taking care of myself lately and I really need to get back to that. I haven't been putting in the effort at all. No excuses other than I'm busy and life is stressful, but in order for it not to be stressful, I need exercise.
    That's it for now. I'll be back to catch up on everyone's posts tomorrow.