New Here

jan110144
jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
New to this group, but certainly not MFP. I am looking for a supportive group without a lot of 'rules'. I am at the upper end of 'normal' weight range, but definitely could be much more fit and am still about 20 pounds away from the weight where I feel best. My problem is that I have been in this place numerous times in my life ... the prototypical yo-yo dieter.

My goal is to FINALLY learn to eat in an attuned manner that I can sustain forever. I want to stop constantly counting calories and focusing on food. So ... while my goal is to lose weight, my ultimate goal is to learn to eat in a sustainable way that will allow me to NEVER diet again!

In that perspective ... my only goals are to
1. Get a good night's sleep (I use Fitbit, and my goal is a sleep score of 80+)
2. Walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day
3. Make good food choices ... nothing I am totally avoiding, just trying to make sure that I primarily eat lots of vegetable, fruits, and healthy protein.

I have been at this for nearly a month. For the first half of the month I did track calories. I stopped tracking this week. Makes me a bit nervous, but I think I am ready to do this. (Truth be known, I have tracked calories often enough in my life that sometimes I think I am a walking calorie counter). Will weigh weekly. If the scale starts trending in the wrong direction, or I can't lose while doing this, I will return to tracking.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.