Starting Zepbound this week

Options
StatChicBayes
StatChicBayes Posts: 361 Member
Hi - I am Merlise! I have been on MFP for 5 years, and after years of ups and downs with weight reached my goal weight in March 2020 with a year+ of exercise (cardio and weight lifting) and counting calories and macros (literally worked my but off). Then Covid hit and could not maintain. Gradually calorie intake crept up and without regular exercise, the weight came back and even though I am not quite at my highest weight, I have 60 pounds to lose. Dr supports my starting Zepbound combined with exercise/diet so starting this journey on Friday.

Would love to hear your suggestions to make this successful!
Tagged:

Replies

• utahk
    utahk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My doc has me keep calories in 1000-1200 range. I notice that my losses really increase when I’m also exercising (peloton bike and weights, or just walking). It’s been a slow but steady loss. Drink lots of water and use Miralax if you need. Good luck.
  • StatChicBayes
    Options
    Thanks! I am trying to get back to my spin bike (SB20 with Zwift) but really out of cardio shape and restarted weight training as I want to make sure that I don't lose too much muscle. (still a little sore from Friday's workout with bench press and leg press, but slow and steady to build back up strength training! I am going back to tracking macros to make sure I get enough fiber and protein, and trying for 5-6 meals a day. So far I am feeling full with around 1000-1200 calories a day. Four days in and down 3.2 lb! Dr would like to see 8 lbs by the end of the first 4 weeks to see if I need to update the dosage.
  • jas0441
    jas0441 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started today. How long did it take for you to start feeling full at 1000-1200 calories a day?
  • StatChicBayes
    Options
    @jas0441 it has been hit or miss at 1000-1200 calories a day. It seemed easier the couple of days after the shot (even around 700 calories). But it may have been the macro mix or distribution of calories/mix throughout the day, with the days where I still felt hungry corresponding to higher lean protein (over 1gm/goal body weight) and lower fat/carb. Still lost weight though over the week little exercise (travel), so hoping to increase exercise more this week before another travel week to end the first month.