Don't Forget to Turn On Your Group Notifications

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
I am not sure how to do this on the app at the moment, but on the website for discussions you can turn on notifications when there are new posts in a group you are part of.

When in the Community section click on your avatar icon in the top right corner. That will pull up a drop down menu. Select "Account and Privacy Settings" which will pull up another page.

On the right side of that page you will see your user name and avatar image with a menu under it. Click on "Notification Preferences" which will bring up another screen.

That screen will have a list of various notification options. You will see a section for Groups part way down. Click the selector for "New posts in groups I'm a member of" so it is checked. Now new posts in the groups you are part of will show up on the bell icon on the top right of your screen so you will know there is new activity.

If the new post in one you want to follow, click the little flag to the right to the title.

Doing this made it much easier to be more active in the groups I am part of.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    NOICE! Thanks for posting this! I'll try to poke around the app later and see if I can figure it out. I mostly use my laptop personally for community functions and just the app for logging food and exercise. :joy:
  • rileysowner
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    NOICE! Thanks for posting this! I'll try to poke around the app later and see if I can figure it out. I mostly use my laptop personally for community functions and just the app for logging food and exercise. :joy:

I do pretty much the same which is why I didn't know how to do it on the app when I posted. I find it very helpful to now know when someone posts a new topic in the groups I am part of.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It looks like in the app, you would open your profile, choose account and privacy settings. There is an option for notifications there for new posts in a group you are a member of.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    It looks like in the app, you would open your profile, choose account and privacy settings. There is an option for notifications there for new posts in a group you are a member of.

Thank for looking that up and posting it.