This May Be Habit Forming

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 , looks like you really made good snacking choices this week- 100% !

I had to squeeze my walk in today, so I did this short workout in my backyard.

https://youtu.be/bqqwmCEPrjw?si=S05yYopi4-0aItCF

May 19 - starting the new week right
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 20 We met some neighbors who we haven’t seen for months on our walk. That was very pleasant.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited May 20
    Options
    Goals for may;
    Weigh myself in morning to keep me accountable!
    Track everything to a tee, u cant unrun a bad diet!
    Check these goals everyday, remembering the more I do wat i say im going to do the more I can believe and trust in myself again!
    Use the time of my leave next week to get back on track.
    Be Active in MFP to be around like minded ppl!
    Focus on personal to do list, tidying up, keep busy as it feels good getting stuff done, makes work seem less important and means i can relax more on the weekend!
    Be mindful that i am making my decisions at work based on fear and control! This is the cause of my stress. Yes I'm def over worked but the need to control means I put work before Myself, my health and my family! Remember i wont get this time back with them!

How am I tracking??
    _Not weighing myself atm, avoiding it.
    _Friday and Saturday are my weak food days.
    _ fear, pride, ego and control still hve a hold of me at times. Although I hve beem taking lunch breaks, leaving work at a decent time.
    -using a personal to do list for non work related chores and hobbies is really getting me to not focus on work so much. Which is great!
    - I hve done really well at tracking from Mon to Thursday.
    - working hard at adressing behaviour with my toddler as he is playing up for the teachers at childcare. Mummas are always so soft right he he! Esp with their boys. He he. I can see result's from the hard work I'm putting in! Xo
    -
  • 77tes
    Options
    @donna25trinity , good job leaving work on time and taking your lunch breaks! I’m not a fan of daily weigh-ins because it puts me on an emotional roller coaster. Once a week is more than enough.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Yeah the daily weigh in mess with my head a but too @77tes

I did used to do weekly weigh ins back in the day maybe I need to go back to that!!! Xo
  • 77tes
    Options
    @donna25trinity - my old scale recently died and the new replacement is about 5 pounds lower. I knew the old one weighed high because I always weighed less at the doctor’s office. I figured it weighing high was good, but I find those lower numbers so much more encouraging. The new scale does have an annoying feature: a very loud beep. Since I weigh myself early on Friday morning, I take the scale out to the garage Thursday night, so that I can weigh myself without waking the whole house.

May 21 - I got 2 walks this morning. I got to my park meet-up group and my walk and talk with my sister and daughter. Then my husband and I took a walk after I got home.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 22 - A very long walk and pretty warm too.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 23 - Another day for the park meet-upside another day of two walks.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 24 and 25 - walks both days and dancing on Friday night
    Another week done!

My granddaughter came dancing. So much fun!
    f1qn8jq2jyu6.jpeg
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 26 done and starting the last week of the month. I got a nice long walk with my husband this morning - forgot to wear my Fitbit. πŸ€ͺ

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    5,390 steps per day this past week.

I noted I Climbed the equivalent of 22 flights of stairs today on a hike but I was so distracted by the scenery I had no idea that was the case!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,087 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    Getting myself mentally prepared to start in June.
    Thinking maybe--

Daily:
    1. In bed by 12. An easy one, but something I don't do if I don't remind myself.
    2. Eat and drink healthy.
    3. Pre-log, just to make sure I have healthy food readily available.
    4. Move daily.

Weekly:
    1. Physical therapy
    2. Clean fridge and make a grocery list--healthy food.

Monthly:
    1. Review last month
    2. Plan next month
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , that is wonderful brava! Your hike sounds like a great way to celebrate your rehabbing that broken leg!

@corina1143 kudos for already planning your June habits!

My husband and I got a walk in today. Glorious weather!

May 27 complete
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 28 - wedding anniversary- we took a long stroll through Descanso Gardens, driving there and back in the MG convertible.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • 77tes
    Options
    May 29 -I had to sneak in a walk while waiting today. 12 minutes is better than 0.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,318 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    Potted Bio - 2024
    Terri: Female; 77; living in Northern Ireland; married 57 years; 2 daughters, 3 adult grands; ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age, life-long learning charity)SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    In maintenance: August 2017
    LW: 131.2 (December 2022)
    GW: 130 < 140
    Moving forward ……
    🌼🌺🌸🌻πŸͺ·πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒΈπŸŒΌ
    🌼🌺πŸͺΊ May 2024 πŸͺΊπŸŒΊπŸŒΌ
    🌼🌺🌸🌻πŸͺ·πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒΈπŸŒΌ
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

This month I will …..
    May Focus: I have noticed a modicum of creep up in my weight, so need to be more mindful of food choices, especially snacking.
    Making small changes in food choices.
    In May I am …..
    … swapping chocolate based snacks for less calorific alternatives. πŸ’no chocolate πŸ˜” mostly no chocolate (1 small indulgence allowed)
    To help me do this I am …..
    … logging my food first thing each morning and sticking to the plan
    πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“
    Other steps
    … leaving my weekly chocolate bars off my shopping list
    … putting all chocolate based snacks out of sight
    … having less calorific choices easily available
    By the end of May I will …..
    … have become more selective in my choices.
    πŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’πŸ’
    πŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’
    πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’
    πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ˜”πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
    πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘
    The last 2 weeks have been quite fraught. I got locked out of my iPhone and iPad, and eventually had to do a factory reset. Only just got my iPhone reset yesterday evening. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« Still recovering data today. Quite pleased that I didn’t go off the rails like I would have done in the past.

πŸ“ŒConsolidating Solid Habits
    πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄
    πŸͺ΄πŸͺ΄
    Great Oaks from little acorns grow!
    vr1awsjfroqv.jpeg

Daily Solid Habits:
    (Developed over time)
    πŸ’ŽRight This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    πŸ’ŽJust DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    πŸ’ŽDaily Meditation
    πŸ’ŽWalk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    πŸ’ŽPost Sole Mates steps
    πŸ’ŽWeigh 130 < 140/log
    πŸ’ŽMonitor %age Fat/Muscle
    πŸ’ŽLog CI<CO/Balance macros
    πŸ’ŽHerbal tea/supplements
    πŸ’ŽSelf care
    πŸ’ŽQuality time with DH
    πŸ’ŽAblutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    πŸ’ŽBreakfast
    In between:
    πŸ’ŽIntentional exercise > 60 minutes
    πŸ’ŽCardio > 5500 steps
    πŸ’ŽStrength > 15 minutes
    πŸ’ŽFlex > 15 minutes
    πŸ’ŽActive hours > 6
    πŸ’ŽZone minutes > 150 (per week)
    πŸ’ŽDeclutter > 15 minutes
    πŸ’ŽDaily chores
    πŸ’Žpaint/draw/write/read
    πŸ’ŽCraft/crochet
    πŸ’ŽGeneral chores
    πŸ’ŽGardening
    πŸ’Žjigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    πŸ’ŽMeet with friends
    πŸ’ŽQuality family time
    Evening Routines:
    πŸ’ŽSole Mates evening reminder
    πŸ’ŽJGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    πŸ’ŽClose Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    πŸ’ŽBuilding Healthy Habits
    πŸ’ŽDuolingo Latin
    πŸ’ŽUpdate Women over 50
    πŸ’ŽClutter Sweep
    YOU are worth the effort!

πŸ§πŸ»β€β™€οΈTerri πŸ•ŠοΈ

• 77tes
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 , kudos for not going off the rails. I’m feeling pretty stressed, but not that bad! Yikes! 😳 Technology - can’t live without it, can’t kill it!

May 30 - My husband and I took a nice long walk. It helped me reset since I was feeling pretty stressed. I feel like my old habit of daily walks is pretty well re-established after intentionally walking daily for a month.

πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 how stressful.. Great job with your entrenched habits! Always so inspiring xx

@77tes Bravo on reinforcing your awesome walking habit!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Highest weekly average steps since late July 2023.
    🩷 ❀️ 🧑 πŸ’› πŸ’š 🩡 πŸ’™ πŸ’œ

• Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Nice encouraging posts
    I did not gain weight on my California trip. Had healthy snacks in my hotel room with the mini fridge and made a Trader Joe's run lol.

I only had one minimum dessert at my niece's gourmet restaurant in wine country where she is pastry chef. .

I can over eat on healthy carbs because I just like good healthy food however its too much so I have to really take a mindful and measured approach to have what my body needs and enjoy it.

The 12/12 fasting is going OK. I just need some help for no snacking, especially mindless eating even healthy things are unnecessary If not planned for.

I've noticed this food noise that is preoccupation with food sometimes it's just mostly from mouth hunger not real hunger and i need to be more mindful about what's in front of me task wise--dismissing any ideas about food or snacks except when it's time to eat then enjoy Mindfully.
    and slowly.