Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,971 Member
Summer here we come! Let's do this. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Wednesday or what I will refer to as Friday! LOL Leaving for Florida tomorrow mid day. :)

Glad you liked the picture of the Woodpecker! Love seeing all the birds. So cute.

Work is busy but good. Looking forward to a break for sure!

I will check in when I can over the next few days but it may be light. See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Today was super busy, but a pretty good day. The end of the year is coming up quickly!
    I actually had a chance to cook dinner tonight and it was really good and super simple. 😊 Looking forward to having more time to cook in the future. It always tastes better. The only part I don't like is the dishes after.
    Safe travels @Meghan509!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    At the end of a very looooong day I got a phone call... I GOT THE JOB! Super excited!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is our anniversary! I guess after all this time I will keep him! 😉
    This week is going to be a busy one! Monday is a track meet and my parents are coming to see it (unless it rains). I have one after school thing. Then Friday I get up at about 3:30 or 4 to take my youngest to the airport for his trip to Chicago with a school group. Then next weekend is Mother's Day. Only 14 more alarms until the end of the school year!
    I hope you are having a good trip, @Meghan509!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!!

OMG congratulations on the job, @KateNkognito!!! I just knew you would get it! Had a good feeling. Way to go! Also happy belated anniversary! Yea!!

Been dealing with an overwhelmed email box at work and so so so many trips booked for my manager. UGH. Hope we can find a new receptionist / office manager soon! I could use the help.

Trip to FL was wonderful! We had warm and sunny and we sat by the lovely pool at our complex every day and as much as we could!

My Mom's official birthday was on Saturday and we took her out to Outback Steakhouse. She had a great time and the meal wad delish. I bought a tiara and sash off of Amazon for Mom. The tiara had an 80 on it and the sash said 80 and Fabulous! LOL SHE LOVED IT! On Sunday my brother, sister, her husband, and two kids drove out from the west coast of FL to see us for the day. So much fun!

It was nice to get away for a bit and have some time with family too. Work is crazy at the moment but it will settle down.

Hope your week is off to a good start. See you soon!! Tomorrow is my birthday! 52 years old. LOL
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Celebrating my birthday today! 52 years young! LOL

I am in the office today, but thankfully it is not as crazy as yesterday was. Phew. Lots of people either traveling or remote and I am thinking I might take a walk over to Target during lunch, since my colleague I typically eat lunch with is OOO today. :)

Been receiving lots of texts and phone calls today from family and friends. Feeling the love, for sure! <3

Hope you are having a good week! Looking forward to pasta and dessert with my honey tonight. :)

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy birthday, Meghan! Glad you had such a great time! I bet your mama was really cute! Every girl should have a tiara. I hope that work slows down tomorrow.
    This has been a crazy busy week! Looking forward to a quiet weekend. Getting up at 3:30 AM tomorrow morning to take my youngest to the airport to fly to Chicago for a school trip. Tomorrow is going to be a high caffeine day. Teacher appreciation week, so at least I don't have to pack lunch.
    Off to have dinner and go to bed early. Have a great Friday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks so much, @KateNkognito! My birthday was nice! Work was not too crazy which was good. Today is not too bad either which is nice. Had a nice dinner last night with my honey and the cake and ice cream were good too. :p

Good luck today with your extra early start! 3:30am yikes! Hope he has a great trip! That sounds fun. :) Teacher appreciation week yea!

Cloudy day here but tomorrow should be nice. Sunday cloudy but no rain. Monday nice again. Typical May weather for us! Either way it's okay. We like low key weekends with no big plans.

Planning to hit the grocery store today during lunch time. I like beating the rush!

Have a good Friday and a good weekend! See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!

Happy Mother's Day to @KateNkognito!! Hope your family spoiled you yesterday - you deserve it!

We ended up going to my BF's parent's house to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom and dad. That was nice. Of course she sends us home with leftovers too. Woo hoo!

I called my Mom to with her a very happy Mother's Day and she was going to a Mom's Day brunch at her Assisted Living Facility. Glad they do stuff like that for them. :)

Weekend was otherwise quiet but good. Working remotely today and in my usual days Tuesday through Thursday. Should not be a stupid crazy busy week like last week.

Home stretch for end of the year, right Kate?! Good luck!!

Hope you have a good day and a good week ahead. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    9 more days with kids. Starting human growth and development. It was a long day. I don't think my days are going to get any better any time soon.
    Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, @Meghan509! It was a nice day. There was a market on Main Street that I went to with my brother-in-law's wife. It was lovely.
    Off to sleep. My son comes back tomorrow. 😊
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh nice, @KateNkognito you are on the home stretch! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day! The market sounds nice! Hope your son had a great trip! Safe travels. :)

My nephew down in Florida went to Sea World last week for a night with his class. They drove to Orlando and back and my sister said he had a nice time. She said they spent the night inside the aquarium! Sounds so cool.

Had a hair cut and highlights appointment last night and I lucked out because she was not crazy booked and I was able to get out of there in two hours. UGH. My hair had gotten so long and since my hair is so fine, it was looking pretty blah. She cut off a good two inches and I like it a lot. My volume is back! LOL

In the office today in person but traffic was not bad. Going to be a good day and not a stressful one!

Hope you have a nice Tuesday. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I missed yesterday! Crazy day at school. My son got back safe and sound. Then we went out to the Japanese steakhouse for dinner with my brother-in-law and his wife before they leave town. I am pretty sure today is going to be a little wild, too. 😯
    @Meghan509 I am super jealous of your nephew! That sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you got to get your hair done. I think it might be a while before I can get mine done. It always makes a girl feel good. 😊
    Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Bright and early @KateNkognito LOL! Glad your son had a good trip! Japanese steakhouses are awesome! Hope you had a great meal. Good luck today!!

Yes, isn't that cool about my nephew's trip! My sister was supposed to go as a parent chaperone but unfortunately my niece came down with a fever and ear infection so she had cancel at the last minute. She was bummed but luckily he had a lot of fun.

Yes, I like getting my hair done too! My hair is so fine, so when the highlights grow out it can be a royal pain in the butt because it won't want to do ANYTHING. UGH. Feeling better now! Even though it is a little humid and rainy - that's another story. LOL

Had my yogurt parfait for breakfast this AM. We like them a lot. I make them each week for BF and I.

Today we have a "women's" luncheon - they try to make us ladies feel "seen" in Corporate America. LOL I ordered the lunch so it should be good!

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

And just like that, May is half over! Where does the time go?

Work is pretty quiet today. Finally starting to catch up a little from vacation.

We are about to have a planned fire drill so this will be short. I will catch you tomorrow. Have a good day!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was... weird. These children have lost their minds. Tomorrow is going to be LONG. I have to be there for 14 hours. We have an activity schedule, then I run the escape rooms for our party, then I stay after school for the dance. I am gonna sleep so hard Friday night!
    @Meghan509 I hope you enjoyed your lunch! And fire drills are just a pain.
    If I don't make it on tomorrow, have a great weekend!