Help, Please! I can not get into ketosis!

Hi. I am am a 54 yr old woman needing to lose 30 to 40 lbs. I followed a strict keto diet for 40 days losing 9 lbs the first 2 weeks then plateauing. At day 40 I was advised to break the diet for one day then restart with Atkins, I am now on day 4 of Atkins. During these weeks I have tested my blood and have never gotten above .5. I am presently at .3. I have logged every bite entering my mouth. Myfitnesspal is set to 20 grams carbs, 100 gram fat and 80 gram protein (protein is the only category I occasionally go over, but not by much). My calories have been between 1200 and 1400. Does anyone have any idea why I can not get into ketosis? I am baffled and becoming frustrated. I did Atkins about 15 years ago and had no problem getting into ketosis.

Answers

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 21
    Hi. The body doesn't always respond the same way the second time around. Our bodies are very ingenuous in the ways they seek to maintain equilibrium!
    One way that will probably be effective, if you are not doing so already is exercise.
    For example light exercise. Taking a daily walk say 15 min building up to over 30 min will likely do wonders