Registered for my first race!

Options
nikki_dw
nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
Just thought I'd share...

I've attempted Couch to 5K twice before and never made it past week three. I think it was a combination of lacking motivation and not going out of my way to fit the runs into my schedule.

But, I've registered for my first 5K as motivation! I'll be doing Color in Motion on Nov. 15 in Atlanta... Anyone else doing this one?

I should wrap up by training just before the race. It's cutting it close, but if I have to walk part of it, that's fine... I just needed a reason to do it :)

Replies

• romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, it is a big help having something to work towards. I hope it keeps you motivated.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm running my first race November 3, and I feel the same way- if I end up walking a bit, then I'll sign up for the Santa Shuffle, the Shamrock Shuffle....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Races are great for motivation. I probably wouldn't have done my last two races if I didn't know I couldn't get back that training before my October race
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you for signing up for the November races. Good luck with them!
  • itsmewendylee
    itsmewendylee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! Nov 2 is my first race. I will have just finished the program, but I feel the same way... even if I have to walk a little bit at some point to recover and resume running, that is okay, I just want to do it! If I make it all the way through at a run, that will be a HUGE accomplishment for me! I am in NE Ohio- not too many races up here for the next few months after that so I didn't want to miss out on this one.

Good luck!