Introducing myself

Hi Everyone, I’m not sure how busy this group is, but I’d love some company. I’m 53 years old and was just told I have prediabetes at my annual checkup. Other than being embarrassed, I’d really like to not be that person who does nothing about it and next year is told she’s diabetic! I just ordered a book about it and decided to join back with MyFitnessPal. Hoping to find some inspiration and support here.

Replies

• carolemandell
    carolemandell Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Brite.
    I am 56. My brother is diabetic but twice my weight. I weigh 140 5'4. I rarely had sugar or muffins. Etc. I was already gluten intolerant.
    I also had been going to the gym 3x a week.
    I was flabbergasted. I said I guess all these things don't matter.
    She told me they do matter and if you weren't doing something right you would have been on medication 20 years ago.
    My point is be easy on yourself.
    What book did you get and do you find it useful?
    Hugs
    Carol
  • Homefrontgirl9224
    Homefrontgirl9224 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 50 and just was told by my dr. that I'm prediabetic. Not a super shock because of my weight, but a wake-up call. What book did you get about it? Is it good? Helpful?
  • delicateflower44
    delicateflower44 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there, I'll be 52 in November and just found out that I am prediabetic. My Dr. appointment is in a couple weeks. I am 5'3" and weigh 240. Needing help navigating this and looking for community!