Thursday Check-in

Options
ginadacat
ginadacat Posts: 119 Member
Happy Thursday everyone! Just a question, how many pounds do you like reaching your weight loss goal?
I started at 208 and I’m now at 152. My goal was to get to 150 then take a break before losing 10 more to get to 140. I’ve been stuck there for a few weeks tho, but it’s my own fault. I like to eat out too much. I’ve been doing good at what I order so I don’t go over my maintenance calories. I know I need to get these 2 pounds off tho. Everyone keeps telling me I don’t need to lose anymore. I tell them I have 2 pounds to go.

Gina

Replies

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    I began my journey in 2016 at a hair over 200 lbs today I am stuck at 158 if I eat mindfully. My goal is 150-155 which puts me at the higher end of my providers suggestion I don’t think I can get to the 140’s but I keep trying. We do not eat out much as dh is a diabetic and restaurant food isn’t a good choice for him so it helps me as well. I exercise every day and have increased my fruits and veggies.
  • ginadacat
    ginadacat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I began my journey in 2016 at a hair over 200 lbs today I am stuck at 158 if I eat mindfully. My goal is 150-155 which puts me at the higher end of my providers suggestion I don’t think I can get to the 140’s but I keep trying. We do not eat out much as dh is a diabetic and restaurant food isn’t a good choice for him so it helps me as well. I exercise every day and have increased my fruits and veggies.
    I told my husband that starting Monday our eating out is going to 1 day a week. I’m also going to start walking on my treadmill again.

• henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Sorry all, I haven’t posted much in this group, with everyone being scattered, it’s become difficult to keep up.

@ginadacat when I started I also limited eating out to once a week and now it’s even less. Congrats on being close to your goal!
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    Good morning @henridw2095 i agree 100% with you I don’t know what they were thinking when the newsfeed went away I am serotonin of my weight loss journey and seeing everyone else’s success made you have a feel good moment. Wouldn’t it be nice if it came back????

I think Weight loss is an ongoing part of life that one never really stops monitoring if you are trying to be conscious about your health. My choices have become good habits, but like anyone else weight loss is an ongoing part of life that one never really stops monitoring if you are trying to be conscious about your health. My choices have become good habits, but like anyone else I slip every now and
    then.
  • hmjack1561
    hmjack1561 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I seem to be a slow mover. I started at 220 a couple years ago. I got down to 185. Went on vacation and just ate 3 meals and one snack. Over those 2 years I was back to 210. So this go I know I have to keep maintenance in mind once I get back down. It is much harder and slower this time. Maybe something to do with being in my 60's.
    I have added chair Yoga to my walking routine and counting macros. Higher protein lower carbs. Last weigh in I was 203.
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    Does anyone else get frustrated with auto correct???? Really serotonin I think it should have said certain 😂😂😂