Replies

• ganival
    ganival Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ganival
    friday

pw 182.2
    cw 182.0

Almost 3 full weeks of being back on track with calorie deficit and tracking. This past week started to feel a couple wobbles, was gifted a whackload of chocolate, had a couple but made DH take the rest to his office. Was out at an industry wine and cheese event last night and I needed something to tide me over. I perused the protein bar section at a nearby drugstore, pickup and put down a pack of little cakes but ultimately went for a single mcd's cheeseburger. this is an old habit of mine, but in my brain i knew exactly how many calories it would be plus it had protein. only had half glass of wine at the event despite unlimited free wine and beer (thank you law firm), and then i saw they had a mountain of mini chip snack bags (odd juxtaposition with the fancy charcuterie boards) . i really wanted to slip one in my purse for the train ride home but did not. had 2 slices of leftover pizza at night and surprised myself by being within my calories for the day despite the cheeseburger, pizza, wine and instant noodles for lunch. probably not the healthiest day in terms of balanced eating, but i'm not upset about it.

anyways, if anyone here is feeling like they're faced with food decisions throughout the day, i feel you and you're not alone!

happy canada day long weekend!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,474 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    June week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, June 28
    PW: 254.8
    CW: 256.7 (↑1.9 lbs; 0.75%)

Another month of weight gain. I hope I can turn this around in July.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 6/25: 10,284
    Wed 6/26: 10,196
    Thu 6/27: 12,454
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    The team chat for JULY is open! Continue to weigh in and post stats HERE through the end of Saturday, but go to the new month for introductions, and to set goals and commitments:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10918999/shape-shifters-team-chat-july-2024/p1?new=1

The July Habit Tracker is also up and running:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919005/habit-tracker-july-2024#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,173 Member
    Options
    Hi SS...You have a new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Selena280 :)
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Missing a bunch of weigh ins this week. Please check in asap.
    @babytis
    @cre804
    @partyof7
    @tatilove1988
    @alleykat69

I’m sorry-I thought I requested to skip a week because I was out of town!

Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5 (I think)
    CW 197.5

I tried to eat smart (took bread and cheese off and stuff) but it was just too many days eating out. Guessing I was retaining a bit of water, but my eating habits have been trash this week too. Finally made it to the grocery today.

Admin, please excuse me from next Friday’s weigh in too. I’m meeting my daughter in Las Vegas for a quick weekend and a concert at The Sphere!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    @cre804 I checked back and you did. I am sorry we missed that! Have fun at the concert.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 136.4
    CW 142.8
    My steps
    6/27 13,250
    6/28 14,120
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    alleykat69
    weigh in: Saturday
    pw: NS
    cw: 205.5
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 232.6
    CW 231.4
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I got back on track with diet this week. I was expecting a bigger show on the scale. I’m still happy with the loss and want to get back out of the 230’s. I downloaded a goal calendar and give myself a Star for the days I’m on track with my food. It’s cute and has been helpful so far. I’ll post it in the spoiler. Saturdays are greyed out because that’s the day I have foods I typically avoid if I want.
    ihjjl2cvx2ha.png
    I also saw the surgeon for a follow up on my finger. 1 more surgery in September. I asked to have this one done in office with just local anesthetic in my hand instead of having my entire arm numb for 20+hrs.
    Still no results from my biopsy, I’m going to follow up on Tuesday after the holiday. You’d like to think “no news is good news” but she hadn’t even looked at my ultrasound before my appointment last time. She had it for 2 months!!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Highest weight: 239.8
    PW (Previous Weight): 227.0
    CW (Current Weight): 228.0
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Well done getting back on track! The goal tracker is very cute indeed. I am still finding out how much tracking is too much and what works for me. Since I am a bit overwhelmed and tired, there are just 3 main things I am focussing on which feels better. Sorry to hear you need another surgery, though being able to get it done with a local seems very nice. I will be keeping my fingers crossed you will get some good news about the biopsy, hang in there.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,220 Member
    Options
    Hi SS Team:

This week was VERY busy at the new offices...many offices and areas are still under construction, so noise levels were insane...and with the new modern layout, meant to encourage teamwork, there's no separation between members of the team and you hear every meeting, every conversation...makes it really difficult to do analysis and concentrate. Thank God for noise cancelling earbuds and smooth jazz!! Yesterday was especially hard and my knee was so sore and swollen that when I finally left after working lot, went to pick up my groceries for the week, brought those home and put them away, I was in such pain, I went straight to bed. Sorry that I didn't make an appearance in the chat threads yesterday. I just needed to get some sleep. Feeling better today, but that left knee is still not happy with me, so taking it easy today and doing walks in small sequences.

This next week, I'm off after Wednesday, so just wanting to make it through those three days and then there's a 4-day weekend! Anyone have big plans for next week? Hope you have good weather and a wonderful time, if you do!!

Jessica :smile:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I’m glad you’ll get a break from the noise of the construction during the holiday break. I hope they finish their work soon and things settle down for you.

I don’t have any plans for the upcoming holiday but my older son had a break from work in Boston so he’s in town, celebrating the end of Pride Month with a friend from high school who is hosting a party. Our younger son invited his Clemson University roommate to visit. They’re playing in a basketball competition that they planned with local friends and they’re trying to figure out where to watch the National fireworks in Washington, DC for a good view without a huge crowd. I’m not sure there is such a place but I’m sure they’ll have fun no matter what they do!

My goal for today is to move my work stuff out of the office/ guest room so my son’s friend has a clear space for himself while visiting. I’ll make a run to the donation center to drop off clothes that my son pared down earlier this week, do some laundry, and get a bit of cleaning done but I’m not moving very efficiently today. I think I’m depressed over the state of American politics and the overall divisiveness of the general public. We can do so much better if we work together instead of insult and bully people. It’s depressing but I’m going to do my best to “think globally and act locally” to improve my community and spread kindness among my neighbors. I think we have to model respectful behavior and “be the change we want to see in the world.” Onward!!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The (semi)daily card:
    Exercise is not only good for our physical health, but for our mental health too. Exercise releases endorphins which make us feel positive by elevating mood, improving focus and boosting creative thinking. Make time today for 30 minutes of exercise outside, perhaphs at lunchtime or after you finish work. This might be as gentle as a walk or as energetic as a bike ride. You will feel the benefit of the exercise and the outdoors.

ghfm16ptbefn.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    @ganival - Congratulations on staying within your daily calorie target despite the temptations of the day!

@frankwbrown - Impressive step count, as usual. Hoping for the best in July. I’m confident you can make the adjustments you want to make as the new month approaches!

@cre804 - Enjoy your trip! The time with your daughter sounds like fun!

@izzyred9400 - Welcome back from your trip. I enjoyed the beautiful photos you posted. Great job on your steps!

@CasandraW - I’m glad you’re feeling on track and continuing to heal. It’s so important to advocate for yourself so you get the medical care you need — good for you!

@Pupowl - I followed the advice you posted from today’s card. I went to the gym for 30 minutes. It’s nearby so I always walk there but I wore long black leggings, which was a bad choice in today’s heat. It was refreshing to step into the air conditioning when I got home! It’s smart to focus on a smaller list when you’re feeling overwhelmed and tired. Keep up the good work!

Hang in there during the office changes, @jessicakrall8 and enjoy your days off!
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    The (semi)daily card:
    Exercise is not only good for our physical health, but for our mental health too. Exercise releases endorphins which make us feel positive by elevating mood, improving focus and boosting creative thinking. Make time today for 30 minutes of exercise outside, perhaphs at lunchtime or after you finish work. This might be as gentle as a walk or as energetic as a bike ride. You will feel the benefit of the exercise and the outdoors.

ghfm16ptbefn.jpg

This is so true. I always feel better after exercising.

I recently found an interesting YouTube video on my feed. It's a little technical, but the gist of it is that some research suggests lifting weights twice a week can help improve depression and anxiety.
    Here's a link: Can Lifting Weights Cure Depression and Anxiety?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    @Selena280
    Browse this discussion a little to get an idea of how this works.
    You can see how others have posted their weekly weigh-ins.

@jessicakrall8
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Prev weight-181.6
    Current weight-185

Bad eeek of being sick
This discussion has been closed.