Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Replies

• aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 3,072 Member
    edited June 9
    What do you like to be called? Aalley5 or Alice

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? A long time ago on Sparkpeople around 2012.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I've lost track

What do you like to do for fun? Crafts and visit my family and friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. North Port FL just about an hour south of Sarasota and 2 hours south of Tampa.

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Track my meals and water, move my body

How would your pet or friend describe you?

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Making a set of greeting cards

What is your favorite TV show? Young Sheldon

What are your favorite summer activities? Riding bicycle and swimming

What is your favorite type of exercise? Circuit training

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Music

2 fun things about you? Taught myself how to crochet and knit

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Consistency is the key, keep trying

Anything else you would like to share? Six months cancer free

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like?

• HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,901 Member
    edited June 9
    @HealthyBarb1

What do you like to be called? Barbie

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Sparkpeople

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 10+ years so 40+ challenges

What do you like to do for fun? Journal, spend time with my hubby, go to the ocean, visit with my kids, create, sew for & decorate our home & go out for meals with hubby, bake & cook yummy food and relax & read (Bella Grace, novels, learning books & cookbooks)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Seattle Washington...I love living close to the Puget Sound & getting to walk by the water for exercise.

Do you have a pet? Grand puppy named Filbert 🐾💙 Love baking him doggy treats & making him seasonal bows.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walking lots outside with better weather, keep healing my digestive system with low carb & low Fodmap & goal to get weight below 170 & maintain there.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, kind, encouraging, supportive & a great listener.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Finding a great family care home for my 88 year old Momma & supporting her in adjusting to new current life needs.

What is your favorite TV show? Suits, NCIS series, home & garden TV, food network shows & Hoda & Jenna on Today show.

What are your favorite summer activities? Reading a book on back deck sitting by my Grandpa's old water pump that we made into fountain, roasting hot dogs & marshmallows (s'mores) by backyard fire pit, and spending time walking by the water.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking by the water with my hubby.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise...walk by the water.

What always cheers you up? Time with my hubby & kids. Trips to the ocean.

2 fun things about you? I am very creative & love decorating our home seasonally. I love planning family meals & get togethers.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Low carb has really worked for me to lose weight as I have aged & have thyroid & slower metabolism "issues". Weighing myself every day helps me to see what is working & how I am doing.

Anything else you would like to share? I love interacting with our team on the team chat thread, doing QOTDs & getting to know everyone.

• ladyluk1
    ladyluk1 Posts: 2,291 Member
    What do you like to be called?

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I have been doing these for a few years now.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have no idea

What do you like to do for fun? Anything I am able to.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Fayetteville, Arkansas

Do you have a pet? Not right now.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My biggest goal is to be able to walk without help again.

How would your pet or friend describe you?helpful and a snuggler lol

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.

What is your favorite TV show? The Chicago shows...Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD

What are your favorite summer activities? Grilling out with the family

What is your favorite type of exercise? Seated Qi Gong

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise

What always cheers you up? talking on the phone to a good friend

2 fun things about you? I love to craft and play with my grandkids

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Make sure to have a set of smaller plates (9 inch). I bought a set of 4. This way I always use a smaller plate. It really does help. That and not letting your different foods touch. My daughter used to irritate me when she was about 4. If her food was touching, she refused to eat the foods that were touching. Now, it helps me to control my serving size.

Anything else you would like to share?

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited June 12
    What do you like to be called? Eva

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Saw announcement last summer

How many 5% Challenges have you done? since last summer 2023

What do you like to do for fun? read, walk my dogs, I love being out in nature,try new recipes

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. We live in Fresno, CA. WE moved here from the Bay Area after we got married to get out of the concrete city. I still like it here even though it's grown so much but I can go out my front door & take my dogs for a nice walk in a lovely neighborhood or drive 20 or less minutes to go to city or dog parks.

Do you have a pet? we have 6 dogs, our 20yr old kitty died earlier this year

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to continue to grow in doing more workouts since I'm healing from several injuries during the past 2 years

How would your pet or friend describe you? I'm on the quiet side, introvert, faithful friend, committed, like routine

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I finished a novel couple weeks ago

What is your favorite TV show? hard to name just one but it would be British

What are your favorite summer activities? being outdoors in nature more & I like the pool

What is your favorite type of exercise? Always liked to hike & walk, ride bike most of my life. Used to play racquetball but got a pinched nerve so had to stop. Always liked cardio type the most but also like strength training & rowing machine

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise, it makes me feel good mentally too

What always cheers you up? being with my dogs, interacting, taking them out, doing things for them that fulfill what they need also just spending time alone

2 fun things about you? I like trying new recipes that are kind of complicated but only when I'm in the mood

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? after trying so many things other people recommended over the years to lose weight, what truly worked was to stop listening to what others are doing & eat what I'm willing to eat for the rest of my life, in other words, don't be on a "diet" add foods to your eating plan, try new things & modify some & stay withing your calories whether to lose or maintain weight

Anything else you would like to share? I'm glad I found this challenge & group. I was born in Hungary,we escaped during the revolution so all my relatives are there. I grew up with all food made from scratch, my parents made head cheese & sausages every year too so I home cooked for my own family of 4 kids with the exception of a few packaged foods like pasta, cream soups for cooking & rarely ate fast food or soda. I live with my husband of 52 years & 6 dogs, our kids are grown & #11 grandchild is due in December. We have 3 sons & a daughter, 2 sons do the cooking for their families, 1 shares cooking with his wife. All 3 at one time considered going to chef school. Our oldest son retired from the Marines & is working toward being fully self sustained on his 42 acre land in Texas. 2 of our sons live near us & our daughter moved to Texas near her brother

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? I think I can share from my phone but I prefer to be here on my desk top so not sure how to do it. My profile pic is with my last pack of dogs who all passed away except my smallest dog on my lap

• k9kiddie
    k9kiddie Posts: 201 Member
    Cammie

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges?
    Sparkpeople.

How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    Quite a few.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Play board games and Minecraft with my son. Like to go to concerts and amusement parks. Also like to hike.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.
    Live near Scranton Pennsylvania. There are a lot of mountains where I am at, and I love them!

Do you have a pet?
    Three cats. Lucy, Marcie, and Sally

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I would like to get back on track mentally. I just haven't been able to get there the last couple of challenges.

Dependable, good listener, and occasionally goofy.

I just finished reading The Bibliophile from The Librarian Chronicles.

What is your favorite TV show?
    Call the Midwife.

What are your favorite summer activities?
    Hiking, going to amusement parks, working in the garden.

What is your favorite type of exercise?
    Walking.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?
    Wash a car... in the summertime!

What always cheers you up?
    A good cuddle with my cat Lucy.

2 fun things about you?
    I love to ride roller coasters, and I can play the flute and clarinet.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share?
    Just change to one healthy habit at a time, baby steps!

Not at this time.

Our annual New Year's Eve picture, and Sally in a crazy sleeping position.
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,128 Member
    edited June 13
    What do you like to be called? Sharon

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Spark People

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I lost count. For years.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to play cards, puzzles, run races, gardening, going out with family and friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Raleigh, NC

Do you have a pet? I have a Cockatoo Bird named Cleo. She is over 40 years old.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to maintain my weight loss. Training for Half Marathon Races, Cardio, Strength, Pilates, continue to eat a health Low Carb/Mediterranean Diet.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cuddles

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Planting my Organic Garden and setting up irrigation system. I do have a bit more as far as putting some fencing around the Garden to keep bunnies, squirrels and birds out.

What is your favorite TV show? I like the Voice, News and streaming many series, movies. I am looking forward to the new series with the Dragon and also Outlander.

What are your favorite summer activities? Swimming

What is your favorite type of exercise? Running, Cardio, Strength, Pilates and Yoga.

2 fun things about you? I love getting together with family and friends.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Low Carb/ Mediterranean Diet. It is a lifestyle change. Slow and easy.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? One Picture is of my Cleo.
    She was watching me workout and was doing flips. I could not get my phone quick enough for a picture. The other picture is one of me after my run. 6kcquxwu6z87.jpg
    hvm0jowjaf5b.jpg

Plz copy and paste for your introduction. Thanks.
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 553 Member
    edited June 13
    What do you like to be called? Patrice
    How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? right here on MFP about one year ago
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? this will be my 3rd one
    What do you like to do for fun? walk, quilt, and sing in a barbershop chorus
    What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. no big cities near me.
    Charlotte, NC is about 3 1/2 hours away, DC 5 1/2 hours. I live in a college town (Blacksburg, home of Virginia Tech) in southwestern Virginia.

Do you have a pet? We have a 5 year old Golden Retriever named Luka
    What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I want to keep up with my 7days/wk 3 mile dog walk as well as functional strength training and healthy backs classes at the town rec center. And I want to eat less ultraprocessed foods
    How would your pet or friend describe you? Luka would describe me as his best friend and worst enemy. I think my friends would say the same, lol!
    What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Just this morning, I finished a 6-week, controlled feed study at VT. I am looking forward to being able to choose my own foods again!
    What is your favorite TV show? I watch way too much t.v. no favorites, they are all just giant time wasters.
    What are your favorite summer activities? hiking, bbq's, wine on the patio
    What is your favorite type of exercise? walking with friends
    Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? I think I would prefer cleaning the house to any exercise "class" but walking is my favorite activity
    What always cheers you up?my goofy dog.
    2 fun things about you? I had a cameo in a really bad theatrically-released movie when I was 15, I can recite the alphabet backwards in 7 seconds
    Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? keep moving, keep your core strong.
    Anything else you would like to share? I am a grandmother to 3 boys and 1 girl. We had a wonderful trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia this past spring to visit two of the boys!
    ncq0h2vr17po.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,289 Member

How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can count

What do you like to do for fun? Read, book challenges, play games (online, traditional, solo or with friends)

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in northwest New Jersey. An hour east of here is Manhattan, an hour west is the poconos

Do you have a pet? Yes. An 8 1/2 yo chiweenie-part dauschund, part chihuahua

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To hit 173! To track right away

Loyal, dependable, friendly, honest

Yellowface by Kuang (really good book)

What is your favorite TV show? Today show, the view, 60 minutes

What are your favorite summer activities? Swimming and going on vacation?

What is your favorite type of exercise? Jogging

What always cheers you up? A friend calling

2 fun things about you? I took Russian in high school for 4 years, I have a really sensitive nose?

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? No

Anything else you would like to share? No

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,848 Member
    What do you like to be called? Patti

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Sparkpeople

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 10

What do you like to do for fun? Play computer games, crochet and read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in Fredericksburg, VA. It is close to the Fredericksburg battlegrounds.

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting my exercise in and drinking a lot of water.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind, caring and have a big heart

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Last thing that I finished is a crochet project.

What is your favorite TV show? Judge Judy and Parking Wars

What are your favorite summer activities? Reading and gardening

What is your favorite type of exercise: Walking

2 fun things about you? I like to shop and read

• renae149
    renae149 Posts: 442 Member

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? someone mentioned it in another group

How many 5% Challenges have you done? this will be my 2nd

What do you like to do for fun? for summer, total lake bum

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Nearest major city is 2 hours away. Southeast Kansas is where I call home.

Do you have a pet? We lost our 2 dogs within about 6 months of each other and haven't gotten another due to changing lifestyles to empty nesters

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get off my butt and move more

How would your pet or friend describe you? straight forward and to the point, sometimes to a fault

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Putting the groceries away

What is your favorite TV show? It varies, right now I'm watching Evil

What are your favorite summer activities? Floating in a lake

What is your favorite type of exercise? walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? probably go for a walk, but house work usually wins out

What always cheers you up? checking cows with my dad

2 fun things about you? Love to quilt and spend time with my husband

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Just keep moving!

• Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 338 Member
    edited June 15
    What do you like to be called? Ute

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Saw a friend post on FB that the SparkPeople 5% Challenges continue here.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many on SparkPeople, one on MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Play World of Warcraft, read crime novels, drive my car (I loooooove to drive around with my favorite music or an audiobook and just see where the road takes me), knitting, board games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Albany, NY. I live in the country with lots of cows around, lovely Upstate NY nature, parks, woods, fields, little lakes.....

Do you have a pet? Not anymore. Used to have a small poodly thing, a labrador, parakeets and cockatiels

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Keeping my cholesterol within a healthy range, walk 6000 and/or 3 miles per day.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Funny, happy, zen, trustworthy.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Audiobook by Karen Slaughter - Will Trent #5

What is your favorite TV show? New Girl, Republic of Doyle, Flashpoint, Third Watch

What are your favorite summer activities? Puttering around in the garden and yard, Disc Golf, Mini Golf, geocaching, traveling

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking, Yoga

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? EXERCISE

What always cheers you up? Driving my car, and time to myself with no possible way anyone can interrupt me.

2 fun things about you? I started learning Spanish in my 50's and am still going (Duolingo), I am bilingual (German and English)

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Even the smallest increments count. Sometimes I cut my workout time in 1-minute increments and sprinkle them in throughout the day.

Anything else you would like to share? If you are reading this....know that the world is better place with you in it.

qtsnvlf6ypfw.jpg

• francescopelandlucas
    francescopelandlucas Posts: 1,143 Member
    What do you like to be called? Frances

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Long time ago on Spark

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 25 or so

What do you like to do for fun? Write, play with grands

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live near Birmingham, Alabama. I bought a house on the lake three years ago just before retiring. Very peaceful and beautiful!

Do you have a pet? no

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? lose belly fat

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Writing a devotional

What is your favorite TV show? Frasier

What are your favorite summer activities? Watching grands play ball, swim, etc. Going to beach.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise

What always cheers you up? My family

2 fun things about you? Grands call me Sugar Pie. I like jigsaw puzzles (not sure if that is fun to some, though).

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Getting off gluten was the best thing for my health.

Anything else you would like to share? No thank you.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? Maybe later.
  • Bovinity55
    Bovinity55 Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 15
    What do you like to be called? Bovinity55

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? I used MFP to log my foods and saw it on the site

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think I may have done one in the past.

What do you like to do for fun? Camping, Walking with my dog in the park, visiting the kids

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I live in north Alabama in a rural community, south of Huntsville, AL

Do you have a pet? Yes, my dog Arnie. He’s a Labrador/Poodle/Great Pyrenees mix. I adopted him from our local shelter. He’s my walking buddy.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain my current fitness level while following a sensible eating plan to continue my weight loss.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog would tell you that I’m the greatest human ever, while my friends would say I can be counted on to help them whenever necessary.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Jigsaw puzzle.

What is your favorite TV show? Bluebloods. I’m also watching Longmire on Netflix. I also like to watch MLB baseball, NFL football, and NASCAR. I’m kind of a sports junkie.

What are your favorite summer activities? Camping.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking and gym workouts

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? This spring/summer I’m going through the house dejunking the closets, etc. But I still rather walk outdoors,

What always cheers you up? When I talk to my grandkids on the phone!!

2 fun things about you? I’m a New Englander who married a Southern boy and ended up in Alabama. I have lived in Alaska and Guam.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Always eat breakfast! Always warm up/cool down before/after exercise.

Anything else you would like to share? I got started on this site many years ago when my daughter told me about it

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? I’ll post one later
  • MagicalC13
    MagicalC13 Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 15
    Carol

I participated when I was with SparkPeople when spark shut down i went amiss im back at it and joined mfp.

This will be my 3rd on on MFP.

Spending time with my grandkids and kids, walking, going to movies making crafts, working on my scrapbooks,

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live.
    I live in Prince George, which is Northern Interior of British Columbia. One of the things I love most about PG is we have all 4 seasons and there is a definite difference in each one. Im hoping this year we don't have alot of forest fires. We have lost enough of our beautiful forest to them already.

Do you have a pet? I have a labradoodle named Dexter and he has more attitude and personality than another other dog I have seen. He is awesome around children.

I also have 3 goldfish named Goldie, Phantom, and Noname yet.

I want to work more on my fitness. Getting more exercise and feeling better. I also want to get into Onderland during this challenge.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Overthinker, supportive, dependable.

The last thing I finished was cleaning out a big storage trailor I had after selling my place and moving.

The Chicago's, Med, PD, and Fire. I also enjoy Law & Order Special Victims Unit.

Camping, walking, being outside.

Walking

Wash a car.

My grandkids can always put a smile on my face.

2 fun things about you?
    My childlike personality, my sense of humour.

I find i do best going low carb med protein and higher fat.

I operated a family daycare for over 20 years in my home. I recently closed my daycare, sold my place and moved into mom and dads basement to help them out. Mom has dementia and dad has some health issues.

• Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 1,115 Member
    What do you like to be called? Bovinity55

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Spark People

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several since 2011

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play card games, flower gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Winston Salem, NC

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain my current fitness level and lose 5%

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, determined, kind.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Book - Second Act, D. Steel

What is your favorite TV show? The Voice, American Idol, Chicago Fire,

What are your favorite summer activities? Anything outside

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking and Recumbent Bike, Exercise videos

What always cheers you up? Seeing grandsons!

2 fun things about you? I like trying new things, games, crafts, etc.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Stay busy doing something that is useful and good exercise at the same time.

Anything else you would like to share? I love being a part of groups like this that have a common goal and who are willing to share tips and friendship. Thanks to Leaders in all areas for sharing their time for keeping records for the groups.

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? I’ll post one later
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,627 Member
    edited June 16
    What do you like to be called? Marileigha.

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Did a deep dive on Google a few years back.

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many on SparkPeople, several on MFP

What do you like to do for fun? Play Sudokus, read crime novels (altho right now I’m re-reading Uncle Tom’s Cabin), work jigsaw puzzles, walking, listening to my favorite music, going out for breakfast, visiting with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. Born and raised in Los Angeles. After moving up, down, and east, settled a few hundred miles north and on the west coast.

Do you have a pet? Not anymore. Like cats, but feed the wild birds (and unintentially possums, raccoons, and skunks).

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Keeping my blood sugars and weight within healthy limits, and being physically fit. My LTG is to exercize 5 minutes more today, than I did yesterday until I feel I’m at my best.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Funny, happy, trustworthy, reliable, and nearly Zen. 😎

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A knitted cap for my Son who lives where he needs them.

What is your favorite TV show? Just about any BritBox show. Currently binge-watching The Split, and feeling blessed to have found Mister Right.

What are your favorite summer activities? Puttering around with my potted plants, in the yard, going on three-day-trips.

What is your favorite type of exercise? Walking, stretching, and seated muscle training with Youtube Videos.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? EXERCISE

What always cheers you up? Singing and dancing.

2 fun things about you? I can wiggle my ears. I love two-year olds, and teenagers.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Eif you don’t love the diet and exercise routine you love, then love the diet and exercise routine you’re with.

Anything else you would like to share? It will get better!

Would you like to share a picture of you or whatever you would like? I love watching airplane and being at air shows. The Osprey is my favorite aircraft. This one flew over our house last week.jz3beq1uxccs.jpeg

• Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,420 Member

What do you like to be called? DEBBIE

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? SPARK

How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can count

What do you like to do for fun? READ, CROSSWORD PUZZLES, CROCHET, HANGING WITH FRIENDS, SPENDING TIME WITH MY GRANDKIDS.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tell us a bit about where you live. I LIVE 5 MILES FROM CHARLOTTE, NC IN FORT MILL, SOUTH CAROLINA. IT IS QUIET, WITH LOTS OF WALKING TRAILS AND A SMALL BEACH RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER FOR RELAXING OUTSIDE TIME

Do you have a pet? NO

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? TO MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT AND CONTINUE TO WORK ON ADDING MORE STRENGTH TRAINING AND YOGA INTO MY WORKOUTS.

LOYAL, DEPENDABLE, PASSIONATE AND KIND

THICK AS THIEVES BY SANDRA BROWN

What is your favorite TV show? 60 MINUTES, FBI

What are your favorite summer activities? GOING TO THE BEACH

What is your favorite type of exercise? CARDIO

What always cheers you up? SPENDING TIME WITH MY GRANDKIDS AND TALKING WITH FRIENDS

2 fun things about you? I LOVE TO LEARN AND WHEN I DRIVE I DANCE

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? DO NOT FALL FOR DIET SCAMS- NO ONE KNOWS YOUR BODY. TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU FEEL AT MULTIPLE TIMES DURING THE DAY, BE CONSISTENT WITH EXERCISE/MOVEMENT-DO NOT SIT IDLE FOR MORE THAN 30 MINUTES AT A TIME.

oz1qg63lzsu5.jpg
    ME WITH MY GRANDSON IN BOSTON.

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,265 Member
    What do you like to be called? Tina

How did you learn about the 5% Challenges? Looking through MFP challenges

How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? Visit with friends, walk and ski

I live outside of Albany, NY It is 3 hours from NYC and the capital of the state.
    The Adirondack Mountains and Saratoga are also close by.
    Great area for outdoor activities and there are several colleges here.

Do you have a pet? No

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose 5 lbs

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and likes to try new things.

A book - The Spectacular by Fiona Davis. I belong to a bookgroup.
    I also cleaned my office - finally.

What is your favorite TV show? 60 Minutes, Blue Bloods, and Tracker

What are your favorite summer activities? Swimming, paddleboarding, and walking

What is your favorite type of exercise? Cardio

What always cheers you up? Talking to my friends

2 fun things about you? I love to travel and exercise.

Do you have a diet or fitness tip to share? Slow and steady wins the race.

• Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,997 Member
    ~ My name is Lise (pronounced Lees)

~ I have been doing the 5% challenges since 2011 or so.

~ Although I did not start when it was initially organized, once I joined, I stayed. I cannot and did not count the amount.

~ I am learning how to crochet which is fun and keeps my hands busy. I love to play games like Words (Scrabble) and other games on my iPad. I enjoy working out in the garden. Another thing that I enjoy doing is finding new places when I drive around.

~ I live about a 35 minute drive away from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Our little town - Almonte - is very quaint and a number of movies have been made in the town. We have a natural water fall right in the middle of the town, we enjoy quite a number of parks, restaurants, and for a little town, we have quite a number of activities going on. We love living here.

Do you have a pet?
    ~ Yes, we have a 14 y.o. female dog that we brought back with us from Senegal in January 2020.

~ I want to lose as much as I can. My activities are up and I am feeling great.

~ My pet or friend would say that I am dedicated, loyal and affectionate.

~ I crocheted and completed an afghan.

nixr8f7zu5dd.jpg

~ Right now we're watching Rescue which is a series from Australia.

~ Gardening, walking, visiting family and friends.

~ Walking, Tai Chi, Turbo Jam, free weights.

~ I would rather clean the house as I can stay indoors and avoid the outside heat.

~ My dog and grand-puppies. They always manage to put a smile on my face.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ I love dancing and learning new moves and if it weren't for my having the start of osteoporosis, I would go out roller blading.

~ Measure your food and eat everything that you like to eat in moderation.

~ Nothing comes to mind right now.

tu40w53y3nzx.jpg