WEEKEND PLANS

Options
snowshoe072
snowshoe072 Posts: 4,742 Member
Good morning from NY a damp wet weekend start. I thought this might be a good spot to catch up and share weekend plans.

I may possibly take a bike ride but I know the weather will dictate my choice dh went last night but I didn’t have the desire to blast through mud puddles on the trail! So…it’s coffee a book, currently reading the player piano by Kurt Vonnegut life with automation has anyone read it? Interesting as isn’t this where we are today?

Well whatever you do if you like to share you can here, have fun be safe

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    Good morning from the Canadian Prairies! Haven’t been posting here up until now but your post reeled me in Kate! @snowshoe072 Today is second round of vaccinations for the new puppy (Dewey) and a visit to my girlfriend since elementary school (our vet)…. We grew up together in Toronto and we both ended up here 25 years ago with each of our husbands’ career moves to be in the same symphony. Such a gift 💝 to raise our kids together.
    ud0cu2u3bksy.jpeg

Working with my husband today to get as much of the raised bed soil amendments done before he heads out tomorrow on his brass quintet’s provincial tour for the week. I’ll be alone with the two dogs 🤪🫣 We added the compost from our two sites last night, and it will be great to get all the plants in. I have most of the bedding plants, herbs, vegetables, ready to be planted, but it has been too cold at night until now to put them into the ground. We’ve just come out of major wind storms (gusts of 90 km/hr = 56 mph) and hail.

It is the start of the Canadian Football season (CFL) for our team today so the game against Edmonton will be on in the background. Edmonton is also in the Stanley Cup hockey playoffs so it is a big sports day in our house as those two seasons collide. 🏈🏒 But the more exciting celebration today is that it is Worldwide Knit in Public Day — and yes, it is a thing, and yes I am participating! 🧶

I really miss the newsfeed and just seeing the everyday photos and updates. Thanks for having me in this group. 😊

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,742 Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    @jamcnewman you are most welcome I find myself really trying to stay focused with friends so we don’t slip away.

My sit and read a book turned out to be clean the master bedroom a deep under the bed clean, 😂 its all done, no mean feat moving a king size bed alone 🏋️
  • Jhadzhia
    Jhadzhia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @snowshoe072 Your weather sounds like ours here, but we have also been having very strong winds, enough to bowl one over!! @jamcnewman Sounds wonderful that fate brought you together through music! I am also a prairie girl, but born and raised here -go Riders! Dewey is a puppy? So cute, but so big!! How lovely that must be to have raised beds -so much nicer to reach. I am getting laundry done and getting packed to move to Mom's and take over care for her -give her eyedrops and try to keep the dust down -She is supposed to avoid it but can't stop herself getting out in the yard. I hope to do the sweeping and any dusty work to try keep her away from it, but its the worst time -clouds of yellow pollen blowing constantly in the air -spend any time outide and you are coated with it :-( The high winds bring a constant stream of debris into the patio and driveway, so lots of sweeping.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,240 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    @snowshoe072 Well done getting that bed moved and the cleaning done! We have a king size in our bedroom and the guest room, so I know what a major achievement that is. Changing sheets is an enough of a production when doing it alone….

@Jhadzhia Thanks got your lovely response! 💚🏈💚 Go Riders indeed! I love my raised beds and have four waist high self watering beds from the Canadian company CedarCraft. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and was in a wheelchair for a while. My husband got them for me so I could keep gardening. He also built a raised bed waist height along the whole back wall of the house behind the kitchen (south facing). These improvements have made it possible to guarantee that I can continue to garden and weed: when in a flare or when feeling great; recovering from surgeries, etc. Gardening brings me so much pleasure and is a boost to my mental health and sense of autonomy and achievement.

Yes, Dewey is a puppy (standard poodle). His paws are huge so I have no idea now how big he’ll be. He just turned 3 months and is growing so quickly. This photo is days after we first got him (and our 3 1/2 year old male standard is sitting on my husband).
    bxvab5hw86op.jpeg

Wishing everyone a great weekend!