June 26 - July 2

Options
GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
LW: 134.4
TW: 133.6

I'm still at home . . leaving early Friday, and very excited. Of course I get my weight down a bit, just in time to enjoy lots of good food, and probably a little alcohol, lol. We're ready, and it looks like nice weather where we'll be, although more humid than we're used to, but cooler temps. We're really heating up here, so I'm looking forward to at least a change. We have a lot of excursions scheduled, including an e-bikes adventure. . I hope we're up for it. I think I am, but I'm a little concerned about my hubby. He's 9 months younger than me, but not much for exercise other than golf. And, of course, he's got his chronic pain. I'm really proud of how well he sets that aside. He's also had Covid twice. I decided to get a booster shot last week. (As far as I know, I haven't ever had it.) Please send him some good vibes. <3

Sarah, I'm sorry you're having to wait so long with this lump diagnosis. It won't be much longer now, and you'll have it behind you, I'm sure. Keep your spirits up! Get on the TM if it's too hot and humid outside. . 20 minutes and you'll get some good endorphins and dopamine even if you don't get to 10K steps. Some days it's a baby step thing for me, "I'll just put my shoes on . . I'll just warm up and then stop if I want . . " I'm sure you will. Do something nice that you enjoy just for yourself.

Lois, my goodness, you've been traveling to Cali so often, I can imagine that would wear me out, but I'm older than you. Between the driving, time in Cali, and work, you really don't have much time (or energy) to focus on your personal goals. It's hard when there's so much we want to do, but only the same number of hours in each day to do them. You're turning 60, so that's a good time to sit down and think about what you want most and how to manage it. Or, maybe that's what you're already doing, which is fine. I'm sending you good leg vibes for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Glad to read here that Kelly is fine, playing at the lake, and having a busy summer. :)

I won't be able to post next week, so you ladies take care of yourselves.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    LW: 130.6
    TW: 130.6

Hi, all. Sorry I didn't make it here yesterday. I did weigh and I also gathered my 7-day averages, but then something came up and I ended up not getting back here.

Here at my 7-day averages:
    Steps = 10,533
    Kcals burned = 1,661

As you can see, I managed to average 10K steps by getting some extra to compensate for those days that I just couldn't make myself reach that goal. And I am using my TM. There's no choice. Our temps and humidity have been so high that it's still mid-80's or hotter at dark. So I do hope that my old faithful TM can hang in here a little longer, although I'm beginning to see some of the "aluminum dust" that the guy who repaired told me about. Companies were beginning to replace better quality parts with cheaper parts even way back when I bought this one.

So activity has been okay, but I am struggling a bit with intake. Bottom line, I think I'm doing some "comfort eating." When I'm under stress, I am less motivated to say no to things like chips or sweets. So I was relieved yesterday to see that I had stayed the same, but of course, my weight fluctuates and despite having an okay day with intake yesterday, I'm up to 131.4 this morning.

My class started back for the summer on Tuesday. It's more work because I have to go to the Foundation's office to pick up a key and then return it after class. Where we are for fall, winter and spring, there's staff located there and other things going on, so the door is already open.

No news yet about a cancellation for my biopsy, but I just got a text from my cousin in NC, and her biopsy was benign. The bruising is still there, but the soreness is a little better. Also got copied on an email from PCP checking with her staff to ask if they are calling to check on cancellations, too. (They told me they would, but apparently, she wasn't aware so had asked me if I was doing that.)

Sheesh, I am excited for you for this trip, and I want you to tell us all about it when you get back here. And you know I understand about your hubby's pain. Mine deals with back and neck pain all the time. At some point every day, and sometimes more than once in a day, he'll say, "I've got to take a few minutes and lay down to get the stress off my back and neck." The other day, we ran a bunch of errands, and the hard floors in the stores really got him. He is a full 2 years younger than me, but his health is not nearly as good. However, considering that he's soon hitting 70 and his father died at 47 (first ever heart attack), his mother at 57 (COPD and heart) and his only brother at 56 (kidney disease), he considers himself lucky. He just did not get good genes. It's funny though, how his back allows him to do certain things (like trek around the woods hunting in the fall), but it seems to bother him when walking with me. LOL! I think some of it is just mind over matter.

But notice that I did not say that it hurts when he goes clothes shopping. That man loves to shop for clothes, while I decidedly do not. We go shopping and he buys several things, and I come away with nothing! Part of that is that I'm just so darned hard to fit. That is getting depressing. Where do you ladies shop? Our brick and mortar keep closing and I struggle with shopping online because I never know what size will fit. I laugh because most of the time I'm in yoga pants and a t-shirt, while hubby is decked out in his Orvis duds. We are Mutt and Jeff. :D

Lois, I'm glad that your trip to California for the funeral went well and you made it through that rainstorm safely. I hate driving in heavy rain. It's so scary. And I'm happy to hear that you stood your ground with picking up Kelsey. Families tend to let those who will always say yes, say yes, even when it's to their detriment. And with your work being so busy during the summer, carving our some calm and restful time is not only nice, but necessary.

Well, time to get moving. I have a long to-do list for today, and I have to leave to pick up that darned key in just a couple of hours. Sheesh, I'm sending good vibes to your hubby and to you. Have a safe and fun trip. Lois, have a wonderful time enjoying that lovely San Diego weather, you lucky dog. Kelly, thinking of you and hoping that you can check in soon.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Well ortho, I really wanted to cancel, thought I should, and then failed to cancel. The leg is still swelling and still has a trainer bra boob of a hump. Ortho is actually concerned with my ACL graft. The left leg wobbled during their pressure test and where the pain is located is indicating an ACL and/or meniscus. And thinking back, sometimes my leg does "wobble" when walking and hubby recapped my fall for me. I was stepping out of the car and my left foot slipped and that's when I went down - onto my knee and then the shin hit the edge of the ride. So dr. has ordered an MRI...earliest to get scheduled is July 16th. So I'm making a follow up appt for a few days later. I really hope it's something we can manage with PT. The ACL recovery was TOUGH - in 2013. I'm 10 years older and less active and 60 lbs heavier. UGH.

And hubby just had his MRI for his knee - possible meniscus issue as well. So it's going to be fun times around here if we both have to go in.

Sarah - yes. we're going to California as much, if not more, than I used to go when I was caring for my MIL from 400 miles away. And it is exhausting. But it's been a lot more fun too. So after this weekend to San Diego we won't be heading back again until labor day weekend... so I'll be in AZ for a few weeks straight. And the weather here, well the monsoon is here, meaning more humidity (for us) and rain. remember we're used to under 20% humidity, not 50+ AND 105. It was 90 and 37% humidity when I walked to the mailbox to collect my Cinderella pin I ordered from Mercari. And the sun was beaming bright. We don't have a lot of trees for shady sidewalks. More cactus and granite front yards.

And hubbys are funny men. The things they do when they want to do them, versus what we want them to do. And I'm an online shopper. Lately just tshirts, shorts or yoga pants as well...but Macy's is my best source of clothing. Found Alfani, Calvin Klein and Ann Klein fit me the best.

Keeping positive thoughts for an earlier appointment to open up for you.

Sheesh - enjoy your trip!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Good Monday morning. Oh my gosh, Lois. I am so happy that you didn't cancel that appointment so at least you can identify the issue with your leg and start taking measures to help it heal. And I got a chuckle out of the description of the swelling! :D

And all of the good thoughts are greatly appreciated. It looks like like the week of July 15th will be an eventful one for both of us, although I probably will not get any results until the following week since the 18th is on a Thursday.

I'm still just taking this waiting game a day at a time and trying to stay out of my head. I'm also trying not click on any links pushed to me about breast cancer, otherwise, I will get on the worry train, and I don't need to take that trip yet.

Thankfully, my TM is hangin in here. No chance I can walk outdoor most days. The temps here have been in the 90's and yesterday the humidity hit 88%. I swear, the air felt heavy when you walked outside.

On Saturday, some friends called and asked us if we'd like to go down to Great Falls and walk on the C&O canal. It was so darned hot, we almost said no, but the female of this couple is recovering from a broken hip, and although she can walk, she has to walk fairly slow and limit the distance. So we figured that that would make it tolerable and that we really needed to get out of the house. While on the path, we met up with a boyscout troop that had biked and walked all the way from Cumberland, Maryland, which is about 130 miles by car. Don't know how far by canal path, but OMG. Isn't youth wonderful? The "adults" with them were really young adults around 30ish, and two of those guys took off their shirts to cool off. My friend and I just looked at each other and went “koo koo kachoo!" Even if they heard it, they are too young to remember "Ms. Robinson." :D

The temps here have been in the 90's and yesterday the humidity hit 88%. We spent about an hour and a half at the pool, and it was delightful. For some reason, not many people were there, and so we pretty much had a large swath of it to ourselves.

I'm still a little upset about the selling of my neighbor/friend's home. Her brothers have decided that there's no way she can return, even with some live-in help. They've taken what she can use in her apartment, have taken what family wants, and are selling or giving away other things. They gave me a lovely painting so I would have something of hers, and although that was thoughtful and much appreciated, it made me cry. I had to remind myself that she is not dead, she is just living where she can get the care she needs.

Well, time to move and get some things done. Sheesh, think about you everyday and wonder what great adventures the day is bringing. Looking forward to hearing about it all. Kelly, hope you check in soon. Lois, it may be just me and you this week, my friend. Hope it's a good week for us both.